Texas vs N. Carolina

Options

Comments

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Damn this thread makes me wanna move to Houston.

How big is the job market for IT? And what's the average cost for a house?

• Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We got 3 in Fort Worth
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Options
    In-N-Out Burger that is lol
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    B_A wrote: »
    Texas also has What-A-Burger. Ball in yo court now what?!
    In-n-out >>>>>

lmao keep trying, theres plenty of them in dallas area

What-A-Burger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> In N Out Burger.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In-n-out >>>>>

What-A-Burger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> In N Out Burger.

X2
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    Damn this thread makes me wanna move to Houston.

How big is the job market for IT? And what's the average cost for a house?

Raleigh/Durham is silicon valley of south. Charlotte banking capital of the US. Cost of living and housing cheaper in NC. You got mtns and beaches 3hrs away no matter the city you live in NC.

I ? with Dalaas and Houston tho but nothing better than NC but I'm bias like everyone else in the thread lol.
    I ain't ask about NC tho

? I don't give a damn if you did or didn't.

NC>>>>>>>>>>lifelife

Lil Brother>>>>>>>>>>>any group or soloist not named Scarface

Panthers record against Cowboys >>>>>>

NC is where ? gets inspiration from

NC bbq>>>>>>>>>food in other countries

We evented flight ? think about that

We invented Pepsi

Coke and ATL>>>>>>>>
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In-n-out >>>>>

X2

restaurants we got andy/hwy 55 along with a slew of joints local to the state/region. unless you've had our bbq please shut all th e way the ? up. country , we have cities not as big as Texas but they hold their own all the same.

lets not forget Texas has vast stretches of nothing dry arid desert looking land between us towns. my state is gorgeous. take a trip from coast to mountains damn near the whole journey is postcard worthy. I love in Charlotte and am within 3.5 hours of the beach...and by that I mean ocean and 2.5 hours from the mountains.. we have major league bball football and hockey teams amusement parks and claim to some of the best talents in sports and entertainment born and raised right here.

some of the top colleges in the US....it's more than just bball though our legacy is renowned worldwide....wake unc duke just to name a few cuz please keep the ignant talk to yaself. I'm not gone make this post to big but if ya want to go the ? for tat route bring it
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    In-n-out >>>>>

We have a couple in Austin too

I wasn't even impressed with in-n-out

There are soooo many better burger spots here

Cali does love themselves some burgers .... They have a hamburger spot on every corner lol
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Texas but, y'all ? on North Carolina a lil too hard. If you live in Texas, you're confined to Texas. It's as big as a small country. Good luck going anywhere else for a day trip, unless you consider Austin, Houston and Dallas vacation spots. Maybe New Orleans. That's a stretch. In North Carolina, you're 3 hours from the beaches (Wilmington, Outer Banks, Myrtle Beach, Virginia Beach). You're 3 hours from the Mountains. You're 4 hours from Atlanta going south. 4 hours from Washington DC going north. You're 3-4 hours from Charleston, another cool getaway spot. Still got Raleigh/Durham in state too. That's not even getting into what NC has to offer itself. NC is cheaper than TX by the way. TX not having state income taxes might balance it out but, you can cop a crib in NC for 150k with land. The cribs I see in TX for the same price be crammed together with 10 other houses on the street. Your money stretch farther in NC. TX is basically arid desert. NC has a gorgeous landscape. Dallas and Houston are bigger and have a brighter future but, Charlotte isn't bad either. Don't knock NC.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    I like Texas but, y'all ? on North Carolina a lil too hard. If you live in Texas, you're confined to Texas. It's as big as a small country. Good luck going anywhere else for a day trip, unless you consider Austin, Houston and Dallas vacation spots. Maybe New Orleans. That's a stretch. In North Carolina, you're 3 hours from the beaches (Wilmington, Outer Banks, Myrtle Beach, Virginia Beach). You're 3 hours from the Mountains. You're 4 hours from Atlanta going south. 4 hours from Washington DC going north. You're 3-4 hours from Charleston, another cool getaway spot. Still got Raleigh/Durham in state too. That's not even getting into what NC has to offer itself. NC is cheaper than TX by the way. TX not having state income taxes might balance it out but, you can cop a crib in NC for 150k with land. The cribs I see in TX for the same price be crammed together with 10 other houses on the street. Your money stretch farther in NC. TX is basically arid desert. NC has a gorgeous landscape. Dallas and Houston are bigger and have a brighter future but, Charlotte isn't bad either. Don't knock NC.

You could have just said

"Yeah NC sucks but at least it's easy to get out of"

Great selling point btw
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I lived in Texas for a while and would never want to go back so I would choose N. Carolina.

But if if were Austin, maybe. Galveston was fun.

Still Texas...(shudder)

• Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You could have just said

Great selling point btw

Don't underestimate the importance of getting out of either one of those places. That is actually a very big + in NC favor.

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Lol @ being confined to Texas cause we live here

And LOL @ it being a desert here

• Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You could have just said

Great selling point btw

Actually NC is fukking dope. I'll go in further detail when I have more time. But yes.....? .....location is a big selling point. ? are you talking about? Chicago's a major world city but, 50 miles outside it is endless cornfields and farms. The amazing vacation spots of Indianapolis, Wisconsin and Detroit. Yes ? , location matters. I like the beach. I like going to other places. Galveston, TX has brown cruddy water and Austin/Dallas/Houston are wack places to vacation and it takes 8-10 hours to get OUT of Texas to go anywhere and you're neighboring states are Oklahoma, New Mexico and Louisiana. Your location sucks compared to NC.
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Options
    Lol cats act like we ain't got beaches or mounains. Our whole coast line is probably more than half of what NC gots
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You could have just said

Great selling point btw

Actually NC is fukking dope. I'll go in further detail when I have more time. But yes.....? .....location is a big selling point. ? are you talking about? Chicago's a major world city but, 50 miles outside it is endless cornfields and farms. The amazing vacation spots of Indianapolis, Wisconsin and Detroit. Yes ? , location matters. I like the beach. I like going to other places. Galveston, TX has brown cruddy water and Austin/Dallas/Houston are wack places to vacation and it takes 8-10 hours to get OUT of Texas to go anywhere and you're neighboring states are Oklahoma, New Mexico and Louisiana. Your location sucks compared to NC.

? you serious...your selling point is ? surrounding the state??? Who tha hell vacates to north carolina.. I remember watching the wood ol boy told them he was from north carolina they laughed at his ass.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Did I mention the women down here????
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    North Carolina
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Texas is a big ass state personally if it Houston, Dallas, or the Austin area I probably wouldn't ? with Texas.

With that said those cities got larger populations than some states.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In-n-out >>>>>

Ooooo you tried it!
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm from LA and Houston is poppin, Austin was cute, and I love Dallas.

My best is lives in NC and she's a Gothic chic and she hates Charlotte. She says it's boring and the people are ass backwards.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NC i basically a mini version of other popular southern states. Its for east coast cats who want a break from the cost of living ---or for peole from smaller places in the east-south (fredericksburg, richmond, 757, etc) who want a bigger southern state, but still want to stay close to the east coast.

If you already in the deep south/midwest tho, definitley sounds like Houston is the way to go
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My 2 homies are in greensboro, they basically 2 kings don there. Big fish in a small pond type thing. Freekey Zekey---yes, Dip set Freekey Zeekey---is on that same ? . He has a lot fo stuff goin on down there.

Charlotte is a good ass look, went there for St. Patricks day i'll be there again for that.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    NC i basically a mini version of other popular southern states. Its for east coast cats who want a break from the cost of living ---or for peole from smaller places in the east-south (fredericksburg, richmond, 757, etc) who want a bigger southern state, but still want to stay close to the east coast.

If you already in the deep south/midwest tho, definitley sounds like Houston is the way to go

It is....2.1 million people and women out number men think about it.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »

With that said those cities got larger populations than some states.

No they don't