Kingdom Come or NAStradamus?

Options
13»

Comments

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kingdom Come
    Nastradamus by far not even the greatest producer ever could save kingdom come... that ? sounded like a hell rell album

Do you know who Hell Rell is???
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NAStradamus
    even on the good songs Jay just sounds tired and bored
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kingdom Come
    Can yall honestly say the best 3 songs on NAStradamus are better than the best 3 songs on Kingdom Come?
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NAStradamus
    @Trillaaaaaa‌ you lying ass ? . We winning not you
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NAStradamus
    Nastradamus gets hated on by people who either never heard it or weren't around when it came out and don't remember the vibe. Or weren't paying attention to mixtapes at the time.

Back in 99 rappers were about getting paid and selling records. That's how Nastradamus was designed. The first single used an old EPMD beat that people in my generation recognized. That's when it was en vogue to use a sample from the 80s and Whoever picked that sample knocked it out of the park

The second single You Owe Me was a club song that still knocks in any club for the grown and sexy in 2014.

When the album came out it got 3 mics in The Source so everybody that considered The Source to be the Hip Hop bible said it was wack without giving it a fair listen, which is a lot of people.

At the end of the day it's a 4 mic album, much better than people give it credit for. Lyrically Nas had a firm grip on the crown. Jay Z, DMX and Ja Rule might have been popping on the radio and in clubs but lyrically Nas was in another galaxy.

Also, Nas was ? on mixtapes in that era. The I Am double cd leaked so DJs had unreleased material and The stuff from Lost Tapes was on DJ Clue, Doo ? , Tony Touch, Dollar Bill and all the other mixtape DJs tapes. In addition to his mixtape freestyles, he was on Hot Boys by Missy Elliot with Q Tip, that song was huge. It was in the Guinness book of Worlds records at one point for the most weeks at #1 although I'm not sure if that record still stands.

The idea that Nas had fallen off was a combination of the 3 mic rating in The Source and his wack verse on Oochie Walley (even I agree that verse was weak).

Anyway, my point is that 99/00 was Nas in his peak. Just consider that everything on Lost Tapes was on mixtapes during that era. But the way it was presented in retail stores was I Am and Nastradamus.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NAStradamus
    Life We Chose>>>> Kingdom Come
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NAStradamus
    nastradamous by far....but with that said kingdom come > MCHG
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭