what type of ni99as are in your circle??

Options
jasonwllms55
jasonwllms55 Members Posts: 810 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
KINDA LONG, but a good read

i just noticed that my circle of black male friends aint really making moves no more...these ? is checking for the same basic ? ...just basically doin basic ? in general...sadly enough these ? have also corrupted me in some regards...

all this stems from a convo i just had with my boy....he and some peeps wanna hit the brazil in septemeber, they ask me if im wit it...im like "yo i dont know"....im trynna land a new govt job (i had an interview with them like 2 weeks ago, ? went well, so i should be hearing back real soon) and if i dont get that odds are ill be heading to grad school in another state...so me going to brazil in September is not really a good look....now my boy who asked me to go is like " yo you always flaking when its time to make moves"...he asked me to go to vegas in septemeber and may and i passed...cause like i said im trynna get my ? straight....my boy is 28 going on 29 and still lives with his moms. probably barely making 40k a year...i cant be that age and living at home with that type of income......so as im explaining my reasoning through bbm for not going...he is still trynna make it seem like im in the wrong...talking bout he working corporate america longer than me and if you want time off u can get it. if you tell them b4 hand.. im thinking to myself, dog you work for enterprise rent a car,that is not corporate america to me....matter of fact you stay tellin me that you bout to leave them anyway cause they wont promote you...them ? start off college graduates at 11.50 an hour...when i heard that during the interview i immediately lost interest and just gave bs answers...its like c'mon...at some point, u gotta put all the bs to the side, stop trynna impress women and ball out and deal with reality...im not saying im perfect...? i club and mingle with ? too...but at the same time that ? dont consume my life...like biggie said "hanging with the fellas aint paying the bills and being broke at 30 give a ? the chills"

Comments

• ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Mr.Audigier216 Members Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i dnt have a circle, more like a triangle, both have they own homes n careers
  • missjcapri
    missjcapri Members Posts: 1,418
    edited June 2010
    Options
    t/s i feel your pain....

I know ? like that too
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Chironomid

chironomid
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    well most of my closest ? (n/h), they cool, they like me u know tryna to have our future skr8/big goals all dat ? ...

but it is one that always b on some bull malarkey..
  • jasonwllms55
    jasonwllms55 Members Posts: 810 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ive been noticing this with him for a min now, but I was in denial...its like i introduce him to good black women, chicks in law school, dental school working on they masters etc...and his main concern is "they aint thick enough for me" he rather chase the hoodrat on the street with the phat ass and no education... im gonna stop inviting him places...he dont appreciate ? ....
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    They say it's lonely at the top for a reason. Sometimes doing what's best for yourself means leaving what you knew behind.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    KINDA LONG, but a good read

i just noticed that my circle of black male friends aint really making moves no more...these ? is checking for the same basic ? ...just basically doin basic ? in general...sadly enough these ? have also corrupted me in some regards...

all this stems from a convo i just had with my boy....he and some peeps wanna hit the brazil in septemeber, they ask me if im wit it...im like "yo i dont know"....im trynna land a new govt job (i had an interview with them like 2 weeks ago, ? went well, so i should be hearing back real soon) and if i dont get that odds are ill be heading to grad school in another state...so me going to brazil in September is not really a good look....now my boy who asked me to go is like " yo you always flaking when its time to make moves"...he asked me to go to vegas in septemeber and may and i passed...cause like i said im trynna get my ? straight....my boy is 28 going on 29 and still lives with his moms. probably barely making 40k a year...i cant be that age and living at home with that type of income......so as im explaining my reasoning through bbm for not going...he is still trynna make it seem like im in the wrong...talking bout he working corporate america longer than me and if you want time off u can get it. if you tell them b4 hand.. im thinking to myself, dog you work for enterprise rent a car,that is not corporate america to me....matter of fact you stay tellin me that you bout to leave them anyway cause they wont promote you...them ? start off college graduates at 11.50 an hour...when i heard that during the interview i immediately lost interest and just gave bs answers...its like c'mon...at some point, u gotta put all the bs to the side, stop trynna impress women and ball out and deal with reality...im not saying im perfect...? i club and mingle with ? too...but at the same time that ? dont consume my life...like biggie said "hanging with the fellas aint paying the bills and being broke at 30 give a ? the chills"

hahahahaha. stop PLAYIN'! I wouldn't even humor them ? I'd walk out.

SMH at working 4 years to make 4 dollars above minimum wage.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    you might have to let some of them go...it happens...sometimes people out grow each other...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Most of my friends are straight, a few married, got good jobs, doing well for themselves. Im doing aight, gotta decent job, decent whip, decent place to stay, just finished broadcasting school so i can finally start a career instead of working dead in jobs.

The one cat thats in the circle that is completely lost, is completely lost. Dude is older then all of us(29), gotta 88 Volvo that his peeps gave him thats about to fall apart anyday now. Workin part time at Marshalls, cant pay all of his bills on time(total of about $400/month). Havnt seen him talkin to any chics in about 3 years so the chance of him gettin ? right now is 0%. Dropped outta collegel(so did I so not a big deal lol) tried to do some online school a few years later and that lasted about 3 months so I know his student loans are out the ass. Has no ambition whatsoever, we try to tell him to at least get another job so he can pay his bills but nah that aint happening. To top it all off dude hasnt purchased any clothes in probably 5 years or so. Dude is headed off the cliff.....

Other then that the rest of my ? are doing ok for ourselves. Class reunion is coming up in October, should be fun.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    First of all i don't hang with ? , second my friends are all college grad and are on a path to a successful career. I don't hang around ignorant or stagnant people, negative people bring negative energy around you.
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    we dont have no squares,in our playaz circle
  • john581
    john581 Members Posts: 75
    Options
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Moore7s
    Moore7s Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What circle?

My circle is small but it's been a blessing

"I'd rather run with 10 lions than 100 sheep"
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "No ? "

S/O to MJ

6781595913_f3f698c9a6.jpg
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have 5 maybe 6 people I class as my friends, out of the 6 I hardly ever see them anymore, the odd night drinking n smoking here and there, but for the most part I am riding with the family, got 2 kids to watch over now so the carefree days have been put to bed, for now anyway.
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My circle is just me..
  • Cocoa_Butter
    Cocoa_Butter Members Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I don't have a circle of friends

Cuz I'm a square

giphy.gif
  • bamnboy7