I co-sign Scarface

Options
BlackRoses
BlackRoses Members Posts: 407
edited June 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
Just got finishing reading Scarface reasoning on not accepting VH1 request to be honored for the ? South Edition. Some of his best points were:

1. "Why would you categorize us as "? South"? Why can't you just honor some muthaf**kers from down here and leave it like that? You ain't gotta make us look extra country. We know where we're from and we know where you're from. We know where Hip Hop came from, man. We're cool with that."

2. "But for an East Coast-based show to call themselves showing some f**kin' love by making a Southern watered-down version of what the show is supposed to be or what Hip Hop really is, man, I feel f**ked up about that s**t. Because we fought harder than a muthaf**ker...."

3. I felt honored that they would even call me to do it. But this year, I totally disagree with how they're trying to categorize us. You know how they make us look on TV? Like we live on the front porch with flies and s**t flying around us, with our stomachs all big eating watermelon rinds? That ain't us, man. Don't f**kin' make a mockery of us because we come from down here and you have no f**kin' idea what it looks like. They're gonna try to put us with some cows and just make us look f**ked up, man, like we don't know what the f**k we doin' down here. We're smart, man. Our life is slowed down so we don't miss nothing. When s**t gets moving too fast you miss everything. s**t's slowed down here so we see it all.

IMO....I felt that they left out some of most influential Southern Hip Hop Pioneers and MOST of the performers were from the north....SMH.

Comments

• Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    scarface>>>jiggaboos
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    He said exactly what I was thinking. I was wondering why those southern dudes were so cool with being categorized like that (as if some of them didn't deserve the honor if all regions were included).
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    BlackRoses wrote: »
    They're gonna try to put us with some cows and just make us look f**ked up, man, like we don't know what the f**k we doin' down here.

lol @ the south
  • BlackRoses
    edited June 2010
    Options
    He said exactly what I was thinking. I was wondering why those southern dudes were so cool with being categorized like that (as if some of them didn't deserve the honor if all regions were included).

SMH....and the southerns who TRULY deserve the honor didnt even participate....OUTKAST/DUNGEON FAMILY....GETO BOYS....CASH MONEY....they had northerns sing their song
  • HalfwayHandsome
    HalfwayHandsome Members Posts: 248
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? was super wack. I was watching like why is Loso doing his song? Man come on.
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I feel his anger about being portrayed as living on farms and ? , but damn, Ludacris was the one who started the whole "durty south" movement, not the north... lol
  • walwyn
    walwyn Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    guess its a good thing i didnt watch it
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think he should have accepted the nomination

He is a HUGE part of Southern Rap music and deserved to be honored
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • Mister_H2H
    Mister_H2H Members Posts: 163
    edited June 2010
    Options
    *sprinkles watermelons and fried chicken on this thread*
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think he should have accepted the nomination

He is a HUGE part of Southern Rap music and deserved to be honored

The fact that southerners had to be honored separately in a deliberate manner is like a slap in the face to them. It's basically saying, you're not worthy of being honored at a normal VH1 Hip Hop Honors Ceremony, but we'll categorize it as "? South" so you can get your shine b/c that's the only way you're gonna get it.
  • babel
    babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    BlackRoses wrote: »
    Just got finishing reading Scarface reasoning on not accepting VH1 request to be honored for the ? South Edition. Some of his best points were:

1. "Why would you categorize us as "? South"? Why can't you just honor some muthaf**kers from down here and leave it like that? You ain't gotta make us look extra country. We know where we're from and we know where you're from. We know where Hip Hop came from, man. We're cool with that."

2. "But for an East Coast-based show to call themselves showing some f**kin' love by making a Southern watered-down version of what the show is supposed to be or what Hip Hop really is, man, I feel f**ked up about that s**t. Because we fought harder than a muthaf**ker...."

3. I felt honored that they would even call me to do it. But this year, I totally disagree with how they're trying to categorize us. You know how they make us look on TV? Like we live on the front porch with flies and s**t flying around us, with our stomachs all big eating watermelon rinds? That ain't us, man. Don't f**kin' make a mockery of us because we come from down here and you have no f**kin' idea what it looks like. They're gonna try to put us with some cows and just make us look f**ked up, man, like we don't know what the f**k we doin' down here. We're smart, man. Our life is slowed down so we don't miss nothing. When s**t gets moving too fast you miss everything. s**t's slowed down here so we see it all.
    Not to get on my allreasoned ? but Face doesn't think this is how the majority of working-class black America feels about the giant-rimmed, candy paint, diamonds in my mouth, make it rain, pop bottles, "? ", "? ", and "hoe" using, I'll portray a criminal in 90% of the videos I make, drug dealing music (no Waka) feel about rap in general. ? HIS embarassment.
  • BlackRoses
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? was super wack. I was watching like why is Loso doing his song? Man come on.

felt the same way......
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Scarface stays spittin that real. That awards show last night was a disgrace..............
  • BlackRoses
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Mister_H2H wrote: »
    *sprinkles watermelons and fried chicken on this thread*

lmao^^^^^^
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Trick Daddy said u know ur from the south if ur cousins are married....to each other
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Trick Daddy said u know ur from the south if ur cousins are married....to each other

hahaha

ahhh southern jokes... lol
  • MsSouthern
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The fact that southerners had to be honored separately in a deliberate manner is like a slap in the face to them. It's basically saying, you're not worthy of being honored at a normal VH1 Hip Hop Honors Ceremony, but we'll categorize it as "? South" so you can get your shine b/c that's the only way you're gonna get it.

I get what he is trying to say

I still think he should have been there. And I really don't think that VH1 was trying to single out the South in a bad way.
  • Myayoni is bored
    Myayoni is bored Members Posts: 716 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I was offended.
    Then Luke dared to open his mouth and utter words that didn't include "pop dat ? " and I had to turn the channel in shame.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    funky dr wrote: »
    i feel his anger about being portrayed as living on farms and ? , but damn, ludacris was the one who started the whole "durty south" movement, not the north... Lol

luda started it? Naw, coolbrezze start that ?
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    mmm.. Just horrible :(
  • MsSouthern
    edited June 2010
    Options
    mmm.. I wanted to know why wasnt master p honored?

he was .......
  • durtysouf
    durtysouf Members Posts: 115
    edited June 2010
    Options

what show were you watching?
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Funky Dr wrote: »
    hahaha

ahhh southern jokes... lol
    yea, i was like wtf...the things they said about how you know you're from the south were ? ignorant. Then they wonder why people up North have these views of them. Yall sayin it yourselves! I feel Scarface on what he said....

smh....u shoulda looked that one up b4 u commented lol
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i didnt watch but i respect my ? Face so imma ride for the cause