The Iggy/Azealia/TI/Eminem/QTip/Lupe/Migos/Ross/Gucci/Coontastic Mega Thread

Options

Comments

• eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    this chick should be a star but i dont know where she went wrong

She went wrong by taking that 50 Cent route and going against her label. I'm not saying bow down if you felt like you've been done ? , but pick your battles. Jealousy only gets you so far in Hip-Hop

Brah, they had her make ATM Jam. That ? was trash. IF it was up to her label, we wouldn't hear anything like the album she put out. She ? up by going after Perez Hilton and calling him a ? . Her ? fanbase wasn't having that, but i see she still ? on the dude. No ? giving. She did a lot of unnecessary bipolar beefing though. I guess those ? warriors don't have love for ? ..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/14/azealia-banks-? -perez_n_6159182.html
    I don’t regret doing it, but I’ll never do it again, because I don’t care enough about the person to have the battle again and defend my use of the word ‘? ’... A lot of ? men are way more misogynistic than straight men. The ? they say about women behind their backs, it’s like: ‘Wow, oh my ? !’

You can be a straight ? , you can be a ? ? . A ? is anybody that hates women. It’s like, y’all sing along to my words when I’m saying ‘? ’ and ‘? ’, but as soon as I call this one white man a ? the whole world exploded. Listen, I didn’t say all ? men are ? ; I said Perez Hilton is a ? , so don’t try and bring the rest of the ? down with your faggotry.

I meant to address this too. Dissing the ? community won't be the only factor to shut you down. Example is Eminem who had said a lot worse but he also had material to at least keep him afloat and always had you understand that he was playing a character.

Another example, minor but an example

Kanye West dissed Americas sweetheart in front of the whole world and caught ? for 2 years. He came back with a vengeance with MBDTF. This night still runs his mouth and he's still around because talent will always find its way into the hands of consumers. If she's as talented as this thread makes her to be, then she'll ( Azealia Banks) will find her way back up.
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *?

Mobile Edit in 2015 please
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Because she's an idiot and burned most of her bridges early. Her hype was bigger than Iggy's this time last year.

The album is ok. I feel that it's a bit pretentious and the production definitely outweights what she delivers. Definitely has some great tracks but as a whole it's just good (like any other project I've heard from her). As far as technical rapping, she's just good too, but that's it. Few clever lines here and there and concepts that could've been pulled off better.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options

She went wrong by taking that 50 Cent route and going against her label. I'm not saying bow down if you felt like you've been done ? , but pick your battles. Jealousy only gets you so far in Hip-Hop

Brah, they had her make ATM Jam. That ? was trash. IF it was up to her label, we wouldn't hear anything like the album she put out. She ? up by going after Perez Hilton and calling him a ? . Her ? fanbase wasn't having that, but i see she still ? on the dude. No ? giving. She did a lot of unnecessary bipolar beefing though. I guess those ? warriors don't have love for ? ..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/14/azealia-banks-? -perez_n_6159182.html
    I don’t regret doing it, but I’ll never do it again, because I don’t care enough about the person to have the battle again and defend my use of the word ‘? ’... A lot of ? men are way more misogynistic than straight men. The ? they say about women behind their backs, it’s like: ‘Wow, oh my ? !’

You can be a straight ? , you can be a ? ? . A ? is anybody that hates women. It’s like, y’all sing along to my words when I’m saying ‘? ’ and ‘? ’, but as soon as I call this one white man a ? the whole world exploded. Listen, I didn’t say all ? men are ? ; I said Perez Hilton is a ? , so don’t try and bring the rest of the ? down with your faggotry.

I meant to address this too. Dissing the ? community won't be the only factor to shut you down. Example is Eminem who had said a lot worse but he also had material to at least keep him afloat and always had you understand that he was playing a character.

Another example, minor but an example

Kanye West dissed Americas sweetheart in front of the whole world and caught ? for 2 years. He came back with a vengeance with MBDTF. This night still runs his mouth and he's still around because talent will always find its way into the hands of consumers. If she's as talented as this thread makes her to be, then she'll ( Azealia Banks) will find her way back up.

It will if the ? community is your major supporters. I don't think Eminem has to worry about insulting them. Kanye was already on and his fan base was secure (they weren't sweating his antics as much as the media was and the fact that his moms died gave him somewhat of a pass for his behavior. But she obviously had a lot on top of that. It's not like she is completely marginalized. She's is going to eat off tour money alone and she does the largest venues. She basically said ? the industry and won the rights to all of her work after fighting to get released from her contract. She basically independent grinding right now. She's getting a lot of accolades for this album too.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Because she's an idiot and burned most of her bridges early. Her hype was bigger than Iggy's this time last year.

The album is ok. I feel that it's a bit pretentious and the production definitely outweights what she delivers. Definitely has some great tracks but as a whole it's just good (like any other project I've heard from her). As far as technical rapping, she's just good too, but that's it. Few clever lines here and there and concepts that could've been pulled off better.

Sounds like you have an agenda.
  • jayvon32
    jayvon32 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heard some of her music, not too bad just some of the beats made me feel like a extra in Boy Meets Worlds
  • KillaCham
    Options

Are you going to Twitter war with me now, Azealia?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

You know more then one female can exist in this market right Nicki stan?
  • KillaCham
    edited November 2014
    Options

You know more then one female can exist in this market right Nicki stan?
    Lol I don't care. This album is better than Nicki's last album. I'm a tough critic I guess.
  • bkzlostchild
    bkzlostchild Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone school me on this chick....

Normally I will euro-step pass a thread that is about Azealia Banks
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    9 tweets in 30 min about nothin to do with Eric Garner...... Somebody is upset.
  • irite
    irite Members Posts: 169 ✭✭
    Options
    was gonna make a topic on this, shorty goin crazy on igloo australia , ti, ? and errything. How many ? posts you need to even make a thread on this site tho? 300 or somethin,? is the point
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • irite
    irite Members Posts: 169 ✭✭
    Options
    post the other tweets, this is just the tip of the iceberg
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Truth is Truth.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited December 2014
    Options
    irite wrote: »
    was gonna make a topic on this, shorty goin crazy on igloo australia , ti, ? and errything. How many ? posts you need to even make a thread on this site tho? 300 or somethin,? is the point
    log on from ur phone. Then u don't need 300 post to make a thread

I couldnt embeed tweets either. I can't post all those rants lol