Andre 3000 'Felt Like a Sellout' Doing Outkast Reunion Shows

Options

Comments

• PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's ? up how he threw Big Boi under the bus. You dont want to do it, dont do it. Dont put it on your partner in the game of over 20 years. Be a man, Andre.
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    seeing them live this year was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

& turns out this funky muhfuka aint even wanna be there..

this niqqa & lauryn hill, i swear..

nope his favorite part was his jumpsuits... and blonde wig... wtf?
  • Avenged Sevenfold
    Avenged Sevenfold Members Posts: 199 ✭✭
    Options
    I can't listen to this guy's music the same way anymore. Just shut up and be happy you have fans that love your music so much they are willing to pay for a live performance of old songs since you won't give them new material
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Andre 3000 just seems like he's one of those people who goes the other way no matter what; thinking being contrary equals being abstract. It's sad though because he could have put out so many albums expressing whatever opinion he wanted. I know I would have bought them.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been tall y'all about this mark 3000 for years and I'm as big as a Kast fan as they come yet posters like @stew and others flagged me for all those years and now y'all starting to understand.

It's why I get ? off his under appreciated Big Boi is while people continue to ? blow 3 Stacks. Big Boi was the creative brain behind Outkast the whole time and he proved it with his solo albums
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    I been tall y'all about this mark 3000 for years and I'm as big as a Kast fan as they come yet posters like @stew and others flagged me for all those years and now y'all starting to understand.

It's why I get ? off his under appreciated Big Boi is while people continue to ? blow 3 Stacks. Big Boi was the creative brain behind Outkast the whole time and he proved it with his solo albums

So what u sayin is Stacks ain't ? cause he's not inspired to make music anymore? Asinine
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

So what u sayin is Stacks ain't ? cause he's not inspired to make music anymore? Asinine

That's not at all what he's saying. ? is wrong with cats on here. It's like ya'll are in love with these rappers or something. You got to be in love to cape so hard.
  • The Nuisance
    The Nuisance Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Andre fed up with the direction that hip hop is going. He stands against everything the industry stands for now. Them old lyrics might remind him of how young and misguided he was or bad times.

Big Boi's music never matured, he's still Southern Playalistic and 3000 is stuck on Atliens. Their worlds apart
  • Stew
    Options

That's not at all what he's saying. ? is wrong with cats on here. It's like ya'll are in love with these rappers or something. You got to be in love to cape so hard.

How am I caping? I just came out and said "I been stopped caring, you could tell he wanted nothin to do with this ? a long time ago. I got classics on classics from him that I will enjoy for the rest of my life."

Idk why others care so much.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? is a terrible actor

Hopefully he has another medium
    HIM AND TI

.... I THINK HE'S A LITTLE BETTER THAN TI DOE
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3000 is what jay elec would be if he jay elec put an album out
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

How am I caping? I just came out and said "I been stopped caring, you could tell he wanted nothin to do with this ? a long time ago. I got classics on classics from him that I will enjoy for the rest of my life."

Because twisting what others say as a way to defend the person being criticized is a usual tactic people use to cape. It seemed to fit the bill with your comments.
  • Stew
    Options

Because twisting what others say as a way to defend the person being criticized is a usual tactic people use to cape. It seemed to fit the bill with your comments.

If I assumed incorrectly he can come explain. Or maybe you can cause thats exactly what it sounds like to me.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    So no Andre 3000 solo?

mr-t-crying.gif
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think people would respect him wanting out of hip hop if he left it completely and did something meaningful. He hasn't done that. He occasionally does features and acts in ? movies. That strikes me as someone who's interested but not dedicated to the business. That's fine; I'm sure he still has that "heya" money. As far as Big Boi goes, I think he gets that this is their job. He sees that there's money to be made that won't be there forever. He also has to know that he needs Andre to get that money.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

If I assumed incorrectly he can come explain. Or maybe you can cause thats exactly what it sounds like to me.

To me it sounds more like he's pointing out that Big Boi should be given more credit than that Dre sucks like you're implying.
  • Stew
    Options

To me it sounds more like he's pointing out that Big Boi should be given more credit than that Dre sucks like you're implying.

Ok I didnt take it that way cause Big Boi is in my top 10.
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK now I'm done with weird emotional ? smh
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    How about he just sing his pain on the beats for now on while big boi lyrically slay the song.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We all appreciated the reunion tour. But that ? didn't NEED to happen. I think we all would have been fine with that one immaculate 3000 verse a year. I would have been anyway.
  • Stew
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    We all appreciated the reunion tour. But that ? didn't NEED to happen. I think we all would have been fine with that one immaculate 3000 verse a year. I would have been anyway.

The world tour didnt, I agree. The Atlanta show did and from what I recall from it (? ) it appeared like he had fun.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    Hes one of my favorite rappers and Kast one of the GOAT groups but everytime I read an interview Andre comes across as a weirdo, kinda like a depressive and moody person that cant enjoy ?

Why make Big Boi look bad like that? Hes basically saying that BB wantd to do it for the money and he (Andre) just obliged. Thats wack to me. If you didnt wanna do it, then dont do it you a grown man smh. If I'm not mistaken thats not the first time he was sneak dissing him neither.

Cs. You're a grown man, if you don't want to do it then don't. Don't do it and then complain about not wanting to do it later. No one made you.

In before another "Sorry" verse to Big Boi