The Iggy/Azealia/TI/Eminem/QTip/Lupe/Migos/Ross/Gucci/Coontastic Mega Thread

Options

Comments

• Avenged Sevenfold
    Avenged Sevenfold Members Posts: 199 ✭✭
    Options
    BarryHalls wrote: »
    I also wanna know how Ja Rule feels about this.
    Who gives a ? what Ja Rule thinks? I don't want to dance! I scared to death!
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    I can't even. Eric Garner lost his life leaving behind a mourning family and the discussion turns to how T.I. is a ? and how Iggy and others are appropriating Black culture. Then people ask why the music is watered down and why Hip Hop is silent. We out here participating in senseless beefs with a rapper who people pretty much don't even consider Hip Hop. On top of that, none of the energy is directed into creating something that's actually a catalyst for change. People are out here losing lives yet we're praising some Tweets.

This thread is about Azealia's issues with Igloo. There is already an Eric Garner thread with posters chopping up game. So please don't do this.

Is #EricGardner not in the thread title?
    It is but did you read the contents of the tweets? No one (not even Azealia) is saying that they want to actually hear what Iggy has to say about these issues. It's just that her silence on these issues are coincidental since she loves using black culture; and pretends to be a black woman from the south. Yet when these issues pop up she's quiet. But that wasn't just the crux of Azealia's point.

I read the Tweets. The thing is that it's still petty to call out artists that she had problems with before. She's asking for solutions and then gives some semblance of a soultion with some of the follow-up Tweets. Then she goes into cultural appropriation which was more of a transition into dissing T.I. and Iggy than defending the culture.

If she's going to diss artists for cultural appropriation, do that, but don't connect it with something as tragic as an unarmed man losing his life.

I explained the WHY already. Don't feel like going around in circles.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She was right about EVERYTHING she tweeted..... iggy fake and t.i. is a ? ass ? .Something we already know but its good to see somebody call both of them out about it rather it be face to face on wax or via twitter either way the ? has to be said....azealia at all these white brawds necks.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That hoe just a ? getting murdered by the police as a way to throw more shots at a ? she stay throwing shots at anyway
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    She took aim at the biggest culture jacker in the game from jump. Black folks wanna ? it up and let these people marginalize us and mock us but attack this girl for throwing shade appropriately. To have a black man that's only perpetuated violence through his lyrics cosign this is an epic fail for our community that continues to accept the insult. She was mad that a man of her state was choked out with an illegal choke hold and attacked the one person that elicits the most tension within her due to her offending the people and not supporting the people. Iggy is the face of ? gentrification in our music. She also properly called out the fact that the first time they had a female freshman on the cover of XXL, it was a pasty face fake white women and it was done in the midst of conversation about the white take over. It didn't have to be her, but anybody from the culture that is actually about the culture. It actually should have been her, because the girl actually had a hit at the time by herself. It's crazy because just before that, we were ? on Kreayshawn for jacking our culture and saying some racist ? . It changed quick when black men saw the ? huh? None of that may be important to some, but these are communication outlets painting the picture of our society and it will be recorded in history that we will fall for anything.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That hoe just a ? getting murdered by the police as a way to throw more shots at a ? she stay throwing shots at anyway

I'm not understanding how people don't see that. Yes, she Tweeted about more, but she still used it as a means to diss artists she's been dissing anyway.

I'm not sure how many actually followed Azalea Banks before this, but if you'd seen her other Tweets, the cover she did for Vibe, a lot of you would be saying about Banks what you're saying about T.I.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone who thinks Iggy wrote that Twitter response herself and not her well paid PR team is just deluding themselves.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    igloo australia. thats funny right there.
  • s-dot
    s-dot Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Why she ain't tweet that ? to macklemore?
    Mac miller?
    Asher Roth?
    The 2 remaining Beastie boys?
    Hell vanilla ice?
    I'm not an advocate of Iggy but y'all trippin if u don't think banks motives ain't a lil bit hate involved

True but.

1. She's her comp since her being a woman.

2. Asher roth and Maclemore are not trying to act stereotypically black.

3. Beastie boys are just some dudes from Brooklyn that act and rap like Brooklyn whites do. (See Action Bronson)

4. The girl is from Australia and she's supposed to be a stand-in for Nicki for fans who don't like black people. Why she got a southern accent b?

...1. Which is why her rant is partly disingenuous. She being an opportunist to get cosigns against the artist she hates. She still is right to call her out though for the simple fact that Iggy is a hiphop artist.... And Iggy is lame for pushing that "doing actions off twitter"> "commenting on twitter". You've got thousands of followers. Tweeting lets the world know where you stand, and promotes awareness and moral support for the actual activists out there. It's free to type. You trying to say that you can't tweet something and then do something tangible after?!

...2+3 None of that stuff matters. If we're being serious about social issues involving black americans, it;s about whites that have hiphop careers--who associate themselves with the culture. Eminem too. It's not about singling out those who who "try to act black".
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoogaSuga wrote: »
    Ive heard of Azealia but really have no idea who she is. Sounds like she's in her feelings box.

Too many tweets for me to read for 2 people I couldn't care less about.

I was done with this after the ? said "throw a jar of my ? at her." Nasty ?

She can spit but i dont know which black market she can catch with her TRISEXUAL LYRICS.

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn at shoe shining ? ..lol.
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't forget Snoop and Iglo happened a while back
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only thing I got from this was..."shoe shining ? " & "Igloo Australia".......#dead

From now on these two shall forever be known as the real life version of Shoeshine Boy and Sweet Polly Purebred.

0.jpg
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She wants to be famous so bad

she is kinda famous tho, that video has 80milli cliccs on yt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Jv9fNPjgk
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭