Rick Ross & MMG Take Shots At Timbaland's Mosley Music Group Logo

Options

Comments

• sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

Ross is a ? idiot tho, at least Timbo's logo is actually authentic. Ross' logo is stolen just like his career and persona SMMFH.

Timbo's barely even looks like Mr. Roberts' labels' logo. That Mosely Music Group logo looks more like a record with a needle anyway, which is a much better logo anyway, since it actually has a real connection to what Timbo does.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P. Town wrote: »
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Rick Ross steals everything. I bet his wingstop chicken is similar to Popeye's

Ross a fluke, but them lemon pepper wings with the extra ranch dressing was made for real ?

Teriyaki wings, with The honey mustard Sauce....HuH
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Maybach ain't even a ultra exclusive luxury brand anymore, Mercedes benz took them and made them basically super S-classes. Still dope, but not exclusive enough to name a record company after. Phantom Records has a better ring to it, and at least you can rebrand after the culture doesn't care too much about the car anymore.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Phantom records sounds like a label tech 9 and MF doom would start
    A.k.a. some ? you ? would love
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Moseley Music Group has been around for a minute and has only put out like 3 artist.

Nelly Furtado
    One Republic
    Keri Hilson I believe

? is more of a hobby than an actual label.

Ah yea I forgot Timbo put his own album out.

Bet those artists have sold more than Ross and his cronies though

All of them, except Keri, have dropped a platinum album on Mosley Music Group.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nelly furtado and one republic?
    You can't compare them to wale and meek mill
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nelly furtado and one republic?
    You can't compare them to wale and meek mill

To be fair, we really can't compare Tim's MMG to Ross's MMG because Tim's label has artists from different genres. Ross is mainly Hip Hop and R&B.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lets all pray this leads to more 50/Ross beef.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Moseley Music Group has been around for a minute and has only put out like 3 artist.

Nelly Furtado
    One Republic
    Keri Hilson I believe

Sounds like he's trying to restart things with Tink.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »
    lets all pray this leads to more 50/Ross beef.

So Rick Ross can keep calling 50 cent a swaggerless monkey?
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chiyosuke wrote: »
    CracceR wrote: »
    Maybach_Music_Group_Maybach_Music_Group-front-large.jpg

Maybach+Logo+3.png

the first one is the mmg logo, ross just stole the maybach car brand logo

I'm still shocked Mercedes hasn't clapped his ass with a trademark lawsuit. I guess he got the paperwork right in this case... Ol' image-stealing ass ?

Why when you have an entire genre giving you free promotion ? Saves a lot of money in marketing expenses, after all when was the last time you saw a Benz or Maybach commercial ? That's right you didn't cuz rappers got songs glorifying it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4eVTY4Qyw

If I was the CEO I wouldn't bother with it either. Cristal did that ? and watched sales fall 40% afterwards everyone jumped onto Ciroc & made Diddy dayum near triple his networth.

Ross is a ? idiot tho, at least Timbo's logo is actually authentic. Ross' logo is stolen just like his career and persona SMMFH.

Maybach+Logo+3.png

I'm still shocked Mercedes hasn't clapped his ass with a trademark lawsuit. I guess he got the paperwork right in this case... Ol' image-stealing ass ?

Why when you have an entire genre giving you free promotion ? Saves a lot of money in marketing expenses, after all when was the last time you saw a Benz or Maybach commercial ? That's right you didn't cuz rappers got songs glorifying it.

If I was the CEO I wouldn't bother with it either. Cristal did that ? and watched sales fall 40% afterwards everyone jumped onto Ciroc & made Diddy dayum near triple his networth.

Mercedes has their Christmas commercials running now.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    When will these rappers learn to stop promoting products that aren't going to get them paid?
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    We know that Rick Ross wasn't the most pleased when Timbaland decided to let us hear an alternate version of "Movin' Bass,"
    Lank to said feelings?

Late last month, Rick Ross joined Sway Calloway and Rob Markman at the YouTube Space New York for a Google Hangout session promoting the release of his new Hood Billionaire album. When asked about the unreleased version of "Movin' Bass" featuring Timbaland’s artist Tink, Rick Ross explained how that version came about and why he was disappointed to see it released.

“Timbaland released his version, I was real disappointed in hearing [that],” Ross said. “Me and Jay created the original version. That’s one of the records we vibed up when we had a couple sessions. Of course Timbaland produced it and had the production on it for a little while, I went by the studio before, he played me the [alternate] version. I was like, ‘I see what you did, but chill on that. We doing our thing on that.’ I was disappointed in homie on that.”

When asked about the perception that the Tink-featuring version was the original song, Rick Ross said, “That was one of the things I was disappointed in homie. We bigger than that. We bosses. I expect homie to clarify that whenever he make his rounds. But most definitely me and Jay did that record. It is what it is.” He later said, “He gotta handle that. He gotta fix that. He most definitely gotta fix that.”

Watch the video below.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.31671/title.rick-ross-mmg-taunt-timbaland-over-mosley-music-group-branding

Ross is salty because a female outrapped him on his own ? . she brought life to that track while Ross was just playing with it. her version included the jay verse listeners was looking for and never recieved. everybody giving her credit for what she was able to do with the record creatively except ross since she made his version a distant memory
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nelly Furtado
    One Republic
    Keri Hilson I believe

Bet those artists have sold more than Ross and his cronies though

Yea white people/pop fans buy more records.
  • s-dot
    s-dot Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    Options

Maybach+Logo+3.png

Mercedes doesn't need to advertise the Maybach anyway because it's a top luxury model. It maintains a certain status to do scant advertising or remain hidden entirely from the general public. You don't see Ferarri commercials either.

Cristal sales may have fallen, but that is likely a return to baseline sales figures (ie. what it was before rap endorsed it)
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waits for the Real Rick Ross to call ross out for this and he did way worse to him ...
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sn i thought the Fake rick ross was all about the music ?? if thats the case why leave tink off ?? with tink on the record the song is 10 times better ... which make it a better song better for music and it was more original ... we dont need another boring ross and jayz collabo .... imo thier only good collabo is FWYKIGI ... and that joint that dr dre did awhile ago forgot the name of that joint which goes to show it wasnt really that memorable .......
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta hear both versions. When Timb was on the Breakfast Club a few weeks ago he played a clip of the Tink one, sounded dope. But I didn't go check for it.

I think the issue that might be in hand is Timb is trying to use this joint to get the ball rolling for her. Nothing wrong with that, but when the last time a new artist with no real track record come in the game and just jump on a track with two of the top out in the game.(IMO)

It took Jay forever to get on a track with J.Cole and this girl got this on her resume out the gate. Ross may have wanted to use that version down the line as a remix or a bonus track, who knows.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

So Rick Ross can keep calling 50 cent a swaggerless monkey?

lol....watz funnie is the majority of the squares n here poppin ? is ggggggay-unit lovers....but wat them dumb fukz didn't realize is the thread title is misleading ...cuz rozay aint say ? about timbos logo the mmg twitter account said that ? ...
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its funny because Mosley Music Group been around longer than Mayback Music Group
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    gggggay-unit loving clown no ? that's y rozay aint say ? ....the mmg twitter said that Ross is not behind that Ross got his own twitter......the thread title is misleading cuz rozay aint say ? stop listening to gossip sites......ross has the highest hip hop lp 1st wk sells & sold the most hip hop records so far this yr wit2grammy nods(? the grammys 2). ...best believe timbos nu logo is the last thing on Ross mind
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? are way too sensitive these days