Jay-Z Meets With NY Governor Cuomo

Options

Comments

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    ? damn didn't know that Jay z paying some ? in ferguson and the tuiton of bells kids that's amazing

".....but what is he saying tho?" - The Reason

This says nothing about Jay's position on race, police protocol, or police brutality.

Jay's action shows he supports the victims which, highly is commendable but that is only a part of the story.

^^This crab ass ? here.....

Like he hasnt spoken about this plenty of times rather it be interviews or songs...

And this ? here with nothing to add to the discussion.

• Kwan Dai
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    ? damn didn't know that Jay z paying some ? in ferguson and the tuiton of bells kids that's amazing

".....but what is he saying tho?" - The Reason

This says nothing about Jay's position on race, police protocol, or police brutality.

Jay's action shows he supports the victims which, highly is commendable but that is only a part of the story.

What do a ? have to do to impress you my G?

Be honest. Let the people know who side you're on and be direct in what your objectives, ideas are.

This is also impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtv2w5Q2E-0

I respect that my ? . Everybody got a role to play, and everybody don't move the same way. You don't have to be on the front lines to bring about change.

Indeed. So, when you get the opportunity to meet with the Governor concerning Black Folks make that meeting transparent. The homie doesn't have to be on the front lines.

• bigbird_1
    bigbird_1 Members Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigbird_1 wrote: »
    Glad the brother is involved behind the scenes. Very positive look right there. And i really dont understand what there is to say negatively about what he's been doing for the cause. Some of you cats that's typin' down need to give it a rest

Who's typing down?

Why aren't you interested in what was discussed? What were Jay's idea's on how to bring about change? Was the Governor receptive? etc.

I guess I'm just not as skeptical as you are about their meeting and conversation. The tone of the article suggests to me that something positive came out of their encounter though. I get what you're saying though. I'll check back on the details of their sit down
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    Glad the brother is involved behind the scenes. Very positive look right there. And i really dont understand what there is to say negatively about what he's been doing for the cause. Some of you cats that's typin' down need to give it a rest

Who's typing down?

Why aren't you interested in what was discussed? What were Jay's idea's on how to bring about change? Was the Governor receptive? etc.

I guess I'm just not as skeptical as you are about their meeting and conversation. The tone of the article suggests to me that something positive came out of their encounter though. I get what you're saying though. I'll check back on the details of their sit down

That's where we need to be family. Let's get the details not a PR spin.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    real talk jay z inspires me nh lol

Not in a stan type way but just for 1 reason. Contrary to popluar to belief, he hasnt 'sold out', rather he handles himself around them crackas like he handles himself around nggas. A lot of us have no clue how to do that, you have "white people voices", (see Kanye), hell some of yall take up white people names (Anthony becomes Andy...Marcus becomes Mark). Some couldnt last a second in a corporate setting or just any job where you gotta actually function around white folk. I can tell by the posts! '? all crackas.', 'we must eradictae the white race'. Ok, where tha ? do YOU work?

Just 2 weeks ago he was singin a hook about movin bass, now he meetin the governor. lol Thats the type 'i am who i am' ditty bop i have around these white folk. At work or off. Hoppin out in the suit or hoppin outta the coup (bars) lol Real-nggga. *lux voice*

What makes you Chi Chi man ? rider is, you have no idea what Jay discussed with the Governor. He met, had a photo op and you are inspired? You are to easily impressed which makes you sheep.

C'mon fam. The fact that the ? can get the meeting in the first place is inspiring enough. You go to the state house and they tell cumo a ? named Kwan Dai is downstairs they might call security.

If that's what you aspire to I guess. You are right, a ? named Kwan Dai would be more threatening.

The bolded is why you're posting it, and he's doing it. Chess brotha, chess.

You have no idea what game Jay or the Governor are playing because, you have no idea what was discussed. If you are a chess player then you know your moves are recorded, seen and in some cases announced when made.

The point here is seeing Jayz in a photo with PR blurb shouldn't be worthy of any discussion or praise.

I want for all of us to know what was discussed, and what the plan is to work toward reform before idolizing and being googly eyed.

You can't have it the way you want it every trip bruh. I understand where you comin from, and I respect that position, but nobody owes you an explanation.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    real talk jay z inspires me nh lol

Not in a stan type way but just for 1 reason. Contrary to popluar to belief, he hasnt 'sold out', rather he handles himself around them crackas like he handles himself around nggas. A lot of us have no clue how to do that, you have "white people voices", (see Kanye), hell some of yall take up white people names (Anthony becomes Andy...Marcus becomes Mark). Some couldnt last a second in a corporate setting or just any job where you gotta actually function around white folk. I can tell by the posts! '? all crackas.', 'we must eradictae the white race'. Ok, where tha ? do YOU work?

Just 2 weeks ago he was singin a hook about movin bass, now he meetin the governor. lol Thats the type 'i am who i am' ditty bop i have around these white folk. At work or off. Hoppin out in the suit or hoppin outta the coup (bars) lol Real-nggga. *lux voice*

What makes you Chi Chi man ? rider is, you have no idea what Jay discussed with the Governor. He met, had a photo op and you are inspired? You are to easily impressed which makes you sheep.

C'mon fam. The fact that the ? can get the meeting in the first place is inspiring enough. You go to the state house and they tell cumo a ? named Kwan Dai is downstairs they might call security.

If that's what you aspire to I guess. You are right, a ? named Kwan Dai would be more threatening.

The bolded is why you're posting it, and he's doing it. Chess brotha, chess.

You have no idea what game Jay or the Governor are playing because, you have no idea what was discussed. If you are a chess player then you know your moves are recorded, seen and in some cases announced when made.

The point here is seeing Jayz in a photo with PR blurb shouldn't be worthy of any discussion or praise.

I want for all of us to know what was discussed, and what the plan is to work toward reform before idolizing and being googly eyed.

You can't have it the way you want it every trip bruh. I understand where you comin from, and I respect that position, but nobody owes you an explanation.

I don't understand your position then. You are saying it's great Jay sat with the Governor? Yet you have no idea what they discussed. What if the conversation ended with Jay siding with the Governor for reform that could further incriminate Blacks and Browns? Would that be cool?

I am not asking for an explanation. I am asking for the facts from a reported news story. How is this lost you family?

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Man wrote: »
    Jay is the perfect role model, only he can save us and stop all this racism, just you wait and see crime is about to be halved now jay is messing with politics.
    Someone ban this cac
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas in the streets while Hov doing the political ? . Ying yang

True. Esco and Cwebb donated to pay for Sean bells funeral. These are things I like to see, like Hov said get rich who else going to feed we
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ? ain't ? lol.....let this have been nas and you ? would of had to have y'all ladies change y'all diapers....? find a way to hate everything this ? does ? be funny
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where is azealia banks?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    Chill bro,
    we don't know what they do behind the scenes..

Just cause they aint out here like Al Sharpton,
    posing for the cameras every chance they get,
    don't mean they aint doing ? ..
    Y'all ? let these celebrity rappers ? it up 2 much. Jayz, Kanye & even NAS. Them ? been quiet this WHOLE time (not even a ? tweet smh) then when ? becomes "trendy" ? wanna jump in for PR reasons. It's funny, because you'll ACCEPT this coonery because you're ? yourselves. Jus remember when the war pops off them who side they gon be on

10301534_638082642948194_6322103858659056259_n.jpg
    "Where's the tweet tho?"
  • jayvon32
    jayvon32 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Damned if you do, and damned if you don't!" No matter what Jay does, someone is always going to interject a "but" in the equation. Jay can cure Cancer, and a ? will still say "So, he just did it for publicity."
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    "meanwhile i had Oprah chillin in the projects,
    had her out in Bed Stuy chillin on the steps,
    drinking quarter waters gotta be the best,
    MJ at summerjam, Obama on the text,
    y’all should be afraid of what I’m gonna do next"
  • bkzlostchild
    bkzlostchild Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a good look for Hov.

Even if we don't know the full details of the meeting, I like the fact that Hov is stepping up, I applaud him for that.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One man up in the office of the mayor aint gonna change the game for any player
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Russell Simmons: Gov. Cuomo promised executive order requiring special prosecutors in police brutality cases (UPDATED)

Hip hop impresario Russell Simmons said Wednesday that Gov. Cuomo promised to sign an executive order to require special prosecutors handle future cases of police brutality.

Simmons during a City Hall protest Wednesday over the Eric Garner case said Cuomo made the promise during a conversation earlier in the day. Simmons said he also spoke to de Blasio Wednesday, as well.

"I'm very excited about what the governor said," Simmons said. "I'm going to hold him to it. I have a lot of faith in him. If he said he's going to issue an executive order, we can certainly count on it, but we'll make sure it happens."

A Cuomo spokesman had no immediate comment.

Both Queens natives, Simmons and Cuomo have a long history, including working to repeal the draconian Rockefeller-era drug laws.

Attorney General Eric Schneiderman Monday called on Cuomo to sign an immediate executive order that would let the attorney general's office usurp local district attorneys in cases where unarmed civilians are killed by police.

Publicly, Cuomo has said he believes there needs to be a top-down review of the state's justice system in the wake of the Eric Garner case in which a grand jury decided not to indict NYPD officer Daniel Pantaleo in the chokehold death of the Staten Island resident.

Cuomo has said one issue that should be considered is requiring special prosecutors. But on Monday, his office had said the governor was only reviewing the Schneiderman request.

Meanwhile, Cuomo Wednesday met with Jay Z about developing legislation to reform the state's justice system in the wake of the Eric Garner case.

"Gov. Cuomo and Shawn "JAY Z" Carter had a productive conversation about doing a top to bottom review of the criminal justice system and how we can all work together to pass a reform package that ensures equality in the eyes of the law," Cuomo spokeswoman Melissa DeRosa said.

The Jay Z conversation was first reported by the Daily Kos, a progressive online website.

The governor met on Tuesday with city Police Benevolent Association President Pat Lynch and has spoken to a number of district attorneys in recent days about potential justice system reforms, DeRosa said.

New York Daily News
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tompz not gonna like this
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol y'all ? never cease to entertain me.
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I commend Jay Z for his philanthropy, I'm sure all of the things he does for the community we will never hear about. However, "In my opinion".....It's not about what he does, but what he says. His words have power. He made his living selling dreams "street entrepreneurs" and extravagance at all costs. His image prevails. He would do MORE good stepping out from behind his "brand".

Wait so action doesn't speak louder than words anymore?
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao some of you ? are really out of your minds ..
  • verbal juke
    verbal juke Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I commend Jay Z for his philanthropy, I'm sure all of the things he does for the community we will never hear about. However, "In my opinion".....It's not about what he does, but what he says. His words have power. He made his living selling dreams "street entrepreneurs" and extravagance at all costs. His image prevails. He would do MORE good stepping out from behind his "brand".

Wait so action doesn't speak louder than words anymore?

To answer your question, in some cases no. Yes he met with the Governor, does that one meeting encite change? You have the National Black Caucasus standing outside with there hands up showing solidarity towards both the cases of Brown and Wilson. These individuals are members of the United States Government and they can't make change so what makes you think a meeting with the Governor will?

What I'm saying is if Jay changed his tactic it would be much more impactful. For example in the late 80's there was huge racial tension in NYC. Some young Black Men were beaten for being in predominantly Italian and Jewish neighborhoods. Chuck D started speaking out and even made a song about the injustices. More importantly, the young black men who looked up to or respected him, began to educate and organize. His celebrity started a movement. That's how you make change. If you can't understand this, I don't know what to tell you.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Yall always nitpick what Jay do lmfao
  • verbal juke
    verbal juke Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's funny that's how the Panthers was formed, through education and organization. I yeah let's sit back and wait for legislation. Smh
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jayvon32 wrote: »
    "Damned if you do, and damned if you don't!" No matter what Jay does, someone is always going to interject a "but" in the equation. [/b]Jay can cure Cancer, and a ? will still say "So, he just did it for publicity." [/b]
    Cure chance? I doubt it. But he could've definitely dropped Barney's after racially profiling black customers. Now he's for equality? Y'all ? is ? gullible