Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I identify more with my race.
    kzzl wrote: »
    a.mann wrote: »
    Neither.

I am a human of the male sex; gender is a social construct, as is race under its popularized usage.

dead man has a point

Fiat died?

Didn't he have a particular way he wanted to die, too?

Dude had a strange fascination with death already.

Ironic.

nobody said how tho if he really did..
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I identify more with my gender.
    Westie wrote: »
    FourEfil wrote: »
    Not all black people are the same but all men are the same? Lol ok
    Yes and females too. It get's different when you add in class, skin tone, aesthetics , etc.

So skin tone between black people matters and makes us different, but we're similar to those with completely different skin tones because we share similar ? ? That makes zero sense.

It actually does make sense.

Biologically and genetically yes.Culture,race and morals separate everyone but are nurture not nature

Oh ok. So because testosterone is coursing through you and mitt Romney's veins you have more in common.
    As a man yes,as a person no.The flaw is that race is being compared to gender.Look how much black men and black women disagree with eachother (on this board) than you have loca and her ? /? rants disagreeing with other black people about Blacklivesmatter.How can you.identify with blacks when black men and black women just don't understand eachother sometimes?That's the point I made about a ? like Barkley.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    race =/= gender =/= sexual orientation =/= etc. etc.
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not all black people are the same but all men are the same? Lol ok
    Yes and females too. It get's different when you add in class, skin tone, aesthetics , etc.

So skin tone between black people matters and makes us different, but we're similar to those with completely different skin tones because we share similar ? ? That makes zero sense.

It actually does make sense.

Biologically and genetically yes.Culture,race and morals separate everyone but are nurture not nature

Oh ok. So because testosterone is coursing through you and mitt Romney's veins you have more in common.

By being males by nature why yes. It only becomes a issues when race, class, aesthetics, religious beliefs, social, etc. come into play. You race, class, aesthetics, religious beliefs, social, etc. where both the same DNA, hopefully same xy chromosome, raised by loving families, taking care of loved ones, dealing with ladies and goofy ? , being dudes, leadership, wisdom, self-reliant, etc. The list goes on.

My answer in the thread is neither
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All male all day.

Ummmmm
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This conversation has taken kind of a stupid term. The question is whether you see yourself in terms of your gender first or race first, not necessarily which group you feel more camaraderie towards. It's silly to talk about the latter because people are so different across race and gender. No matter how pro black you are, there have to be some people of another race that you would identify with more than some people of your own race. Likewise, no matter how much you're down for your gender, there would have to be someone of the opposite gender that you can identify with more than some of the people within your same gender.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Human variables, but I seen that mob mentality prevails all over logic. Something you have to think about.
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    'Black' first.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't identify with anything else beyond being a black man. I can't be one without the other, so asking me to pick one only is like telling me to divide by zero.

Thread makes no sense at all too me. I keep coming back thinking I'll get it, but I still click outta here mind ? .
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a Black Male. Couldn't picture myself as anything else.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If youre primary identifier is anything else than human, youre just as petty and narrow minded as ? in that Exodus Gods n Kings movie lol.

it means the system/society/losers have snatched you.

whats your first memory as a child? You acknowledged yourself as what?

in the end, when you peeled of all the layers society taught you, youre human, the greatest primate our planet and likely the universe has ever seen.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Now if secunday, you consider yourself *insert random made up race/gender/town/province/country/sport...thats all cool..

but pri mofucking mary should be human..
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? I think it's a given that everyone in here is human
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ranxx wrote: »
    ? I think it's a given that everyone in here is human

Lmfao. You know what is said about common sense..
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    If youre primary identifier is anything else than human, youre just as petty and narrow minded as ? in that Exodus Gods n Kings movie lol.

in the end, when you peeled of all the layers society taught you, youre human, the greatest primate our planet and likely the universe has ever seen.

no offense bruh but as a non America, non black person, your comments are not needed here
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah this is off topic, but ? is petty as hell in that story period. I'm not even sure what point the story is trying to make. It would be one thing if Pharaoh was just obstinate for no reason. But the Bible says that Pharaoh was ready to give in, but ? hardened his heart so he wouldn't. That's crazy. It's like ? just wanted to murder some Egyptians.
  • Alkinduz
    Options

Yeah this is off topic, but ? is petty as hell in that story period. I'm not even sure what point the story is trying to make. It would be one thing if Pharaoh was just obstinate for no reason. But the Bible says that Pharaoh was ready to give in, but ? hardened his heart so he wouldn't. That's crazy. It's like ? just wanted to murder some Egyptians.

yeah if anything, the whole exodus/abrahamic ? displays rutless and sadistic human atributes. The whole 'freeing the enslaved, needing a general/make innocents suffer plight' could be quite the eye opener lol.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

no offense bruh but as a non America, non black person, your comments are not needed here

non taken fam, keep in mind though that this thread was made by a pale skinned, 20 year old biracial chick who rarely made it outta her state and is either a goat troll or has obvious identity issues.

and playing the 'foreigner' card shouldnt really matter like that.

arent you a non-european, non italian, non milanese, supporting AC Milan(a city you probably rarely been at), posting in the European football thread?
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I saw a bunch of white men standing on one side of a room and black women standing on the other and I was told to stand with my people....Im standing with the black women
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am the energy that is contained within a vessel suitable for navigating through this plane of existence.

Nothing more. Nothing less.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

non taken fam, keep in mind though that this thread was made by a pale skinned, 20 year old biracial chick who rarely made it outta her state and is either a goat troll or has obvious identity issues.

and playing the 'foreigner' card shouldnt really matter like that.

arent you a non-european, non italian, non milanese, supporting AC Milan(a city you probably rarely been at), posting in the European football thread?

Football =/= race
    Football is english sport and niether of us are english are we lol?
    Now while i dont know the motives behind thisthread or your life story, i thought you were being insensitive to the real issue of race and identity issues in the US. I got mad relatives overseas that diss the US for being "obsessed with race" but rarely understand the dynamics at play here

Like in that other thread some white brit cac is trying to tell people a black man couldnt have possibly been lynched in the American South and cant understand why we would be mad

When you talk about early memories, i bet most of us can think of times where our race or color became an issue/insult/object of shame or ridicule
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you're a black feminist then you hold your gender no less than equal to your race. Otherwise, you would just be pro black.

Race or gender ... pick one.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I identify more with my gender.
    <<I'm just a ? on the Internet.