Gas Less Than $2 A Gallon In 13 states

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
gas.jpg?w=600

It was a good weekend for drivers to fill up. Cheap gas spread across the nation faster than holiday cheer.

After a weekend of price cutting at stations, gas for less than $2 can be found in 13 states across the country. Two weeks ago there was only one gas station in the country selling gas that cheap.

Data from price tracker GasBuddy.com shows that three states -- Oklahoma, Louisiana and Ohio -- have at least one station each selling regular gas for less than $1.90 a gallon. Cheap gas is most frequently found at stations in Oklahoma, which was the first state to break the $2 a gallon mark on Dec. 3.

Another ten states -- Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Texas and Virginia -- also have gas for less than $2.

Gas below $2 a gallon can only be found at a handful of stations in all these states, even in Oklahoma. Four of the states only have one station each with gas that cheap. All these states still have statewide averages well above $2 according to AAA. Missouri has the lowest average price at $2.25.

And with the statewide average in New York finally falling below $3 over the weekend, every state in the lower 48 now has an average below that benchmark. The nationwide average is now $2.55 a gallon, the lowest it has been since October 2009.

Falling gas prices have been driven by plunging oil prices. Crude traded below $60 a barrel for the first time in five years last Thursday and was just over $58 a barrel early Monday.

Comments

• MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BETTER ENJOY IT.. ITS GONE GO BACK UP FOR CHRISTMAS.. WATCH
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I filled up for 2.45 in Jersey yesterday. Bout six months ago it was like 3.70 or something.

Yall think itll stay low or go back up?
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOWEST I SEEN IT WAS 2.07... I GOT THEM KROGER PLUS POINTS, SO THAT WILL PUT ME UNDER 2.00
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder how much E85 is going for in those states seeing how its lower than regular gas.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    30 bucks gets me right
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Filled up my pickup for under $50 bucks for the first time ever I now kinda know how folks felt in the early 90s when that ish was like 89 cent for a gallon of regular unleaded.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just filled up from E for $49.? . When I first got this car I was filling up for damn near $65-70. I hope it keeps dropping, need that premium to get to about $2.25

• _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know about yall but I dont go to any gas station and pump gas.
    I dont give a ? if arco and 76 got it gor 1.50 a gallon

I'm going to Cheveron or Shell pumping 91 for 2.80 a gallon...

My car deserves better than that
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    DRO_BANKS wrote: »
    BETTER ENJOY IT.. ITS GONE GO BACK UP FOR CHRISTMAS.. WATCH

It will be back up when the next major terrorist attack hit US soil. i warned you with my Alex conspiracy theorist ass.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »

Yes I only put these in my truck.

For my car which is a gas saver though I'll put the cheaper brand stations like Murphy and Raceway.

Learned real quick about putting that cheap ? in the truck.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    I still lost cuz my car prefers premium anyhow.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i tend to only fill up by the pad..
    and thats Chevron..

but good luck catchin me givin a ? if I'm out and about on E wit no sign of gettin home..
  • _Menace_
    Options

i tend to only fill up by the pad..
    and thats Chevron..

but good luck catchin me givin a ? if I'm out and about on E wit no sign of gettin home..

if my ? is on E and safeway or arco the only places...

Im putting my ? in neutral and pushing it to the nearest shell and chevron...

I dont play when it comes to my car putting the wrong gas in my charger would ? it up
    especially with the mods I got.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    I just filled up from E for $49.? . When I first got this car I was filling up for damn near $65-70. I hope it keeps dropping, need that premium to get to about $2.25

where did you fill that SRT up tho?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Something is a brewing don't get relaxed.
  • Igot5onit
    Igot5onit Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get a full tank for just $30
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

where did you fill that SRT up tho?

That fill up was at Loves. I use them and Mapco mostly also use Shell and Valero.

The gas comes though the same pipe lines. Each company has their own additives they add after the fact.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is a shell down the street from my house got gas for like 2.30 ( last time I drove by) that's low for Washington...
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    gas.jpg?w=600

It was a good weekend for drivers to fill up. Cheap gas spread across the nation faster than holiday cheer.

After a weekend of price cutting at stations, gas for less than $2 can be found in 13 states across the country. Two weeks ago there was only one gas station in the country selling gas that cheap.

Data from price tracker GasBuddy.com shows that three states -- Oklahoma, Louisiana and Ohio -- have at least one station each selling regular gas for less than $1.90 a gallon. Cheap gas is most frequently found at stations in Oklahoma, which was the first state to break the $2 a gallon mark on Dec. 3.

Another ten states -- Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Texas and Virginia -- also have gas for less than $2.

Gas below $2 a gallon can only be found at a handful of stations in all these states, even in Oklahoma. Four of the states only have one station each with gas that cheap. All these states still have statewide averages well above $2 according to AAA. Missouri has the lowest average price at $2.25.

And with the statewide average in New York finally falling below $3 over the weekend, every state in the lower 48 now has an average below that benchmark. The nationwide average is now $2.55 a gallon, the lowest it has been since October 2009.

Falling gas prices have been driven by plunging oil prices. Crude traded below $60 a barrel for the first time in five years last Thursday and was just over $58 a barrel early Monday.

only time I thought I was gonna see 1.99 for gas on a sign was when I go to the hood and drive by a burned up gas station..