Options
_Goldie_
_Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
edited December 2014 in The Reason

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After Cole explained his thought process behind the line, it's definitely camping
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    Couple years ago

CROOKED I: “I think the dude is an incredible lyricist, but if you’re a racist, you get no support. If we support a racist, we cutting our own throat. If he’s racist like that, he gotta fall to the side. I want to see him on TV publicly apologize to Black women.”

that's y I will never support crook again cuz he sold out playing a housenigga slave on the shady plantation 4 a paycheck callin that shady racist crackkka Marshall massah

suge predicted the future n 2000 wit the Marshall KKK mathers skit
    http://youtu.be/ls0kG1TRK_w

Loooool never heard this.

He said N.W.Aids lmfao
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's got a point, but if you can say that for Em, you can say it for Elvis too. People always bash Elvis, but don't seem to realize, Elvis was closer to someone like Eminem than he was to someone like Macklemore. Elvis got his style by hanging out at black clubs. Before he got his break he was staying with and working for black artists. Even when he got on, he always gave credit back to the people that helped him up and admitted his style came from black people. Now the people that ran his machine are a different story. They stole from black artists and sold Elvis as some kind of originator, but the man himself was never really like that. At least that's what people like James Brown and B.B. King say.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's got a point, but if you can say that for Em, you can say it for Elvis too. People always bash Elvis, but don't seem to realize, Elvis was closer to someone like Eminem than he was to someone like Macklemore. Elvis got his style by hanging out at black clubs. Before he got his break he was staying with and working for black artists. Even when he got on, he always gave credit back to the people that helped him up and admitted his style came from black people. Now the people that ran his machine are a different story. They stole from black artists and sold Elvis as some kind of originator, but the man himself was never really like that. At least that's what people like James Brown and B.B. King say.
    People say it about Elvis also
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Loooool never heard this.

He said N.W.Aids lmfao

dr ? lol....Simon was ahead of his time cuz zno made that skit come 2real life n 04 wit the marshall kkk mathers racist tapes every thing n the skit is happening n real life right before our eyes smh
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    People say it about Elvis also

That was my point. Everyone compares white rappers to Elvis. The implication is that they are all culture vultures. I get the point Crooked I is trying to make with Eminem, but if you consider Elvis a culture vulture, then Eminem is too because they are pretty much the same artist just in two different eras and genres of music.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options

That was my point. Everyone compares white rappers to Elvis. The implication is that they are all culture vultures. I get the point Crooked I is trying to make with Eminem, but if you consider Elvis a culture vulture, then Eminem is too because they are pretty much the same artist just in two different eras and genres of music.

feminem is the worse culture vulture between him& Elvis cuz Marshall got on the MIC & recorded himself rappin white supremacy dissin blk women.....i never heard Elvis on record sayin "I DONT LIKE THAT ? ? ....IM JUST HERE 2MAKE A BIGGER HIT" like that crackkka Marshall all while making a living off Blk culture/music
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant agree with Cole. Because without EM alot of Brothas wouldn'tve been successful or been able to make hits without his help. Wouldve made more sense if Cole said Vanilla Ice or Bieber imo, because unlike them Em actually came from the slums thus a product of his environment.

• sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Without Em theres no 50, Dre wouldn't have as many hits without producing Em albums, no obie trice, no D12, no collabs wit Jay, not to mention all the artists hes produced for
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Without Em theres no 50, Dre wouldn't have as many hits without producing Em albums, no obie trice, no D12, no collabs wit Jay, not to mention all the artists hes produced for

Dog, none of that really takes away from Cole's point. Dre would not have as many hits from Em if Em wasn't white either. Think about it.

The success of those ? should not have had to ride on such a shallow point. Not to mention, there is no guarantee 50 wouldn't have had prospered. He was, after all heavily involved with Jam Master Jay before Em. I think it's suffice to say, he would have found a way.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Couple years ago

CROOKED I: “I think the dude is an incredible lyricist, but if you’re a racist, you get no support. If we support a racist, we cutting our own throat. If he’s racist like that, he gotta fall to the side. I want to see him on TV publicly apologize to Black women.”

Never knew this step-n-fetch said that ? but regardless, why would anyone take Crooked I serious? This ? got a misspelled "Slaughterhouse tat on his arm
    crooked-i.jpg
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant agree with Cole. Because without EM alot of Brothas wouldn'tve been successful or been able to make hits without his help. Wouldve made more sense if Cole said Vanilla Ice or Bieber imo, because unlike them Em actually came from the slums thus a product of his environment.

You are out of your ? mind. You do realize that there was hip-hop long before eminem right?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

he explained his point in an interview

He was simply saying white people had gotten their foot in the door like they did with Jazz and Rock n Roll

Like somebody said, the rappers named are conduits for the mass of whites being exposed to and eventually ? the culture

and lol @ "the artists he's produced for"
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yep. Leave Eminem out of that.

Did he get rich off of something created by black people? ... Sure he did ... But he carved out a completely new lane that other brothers followed and he shows respect to the culture and the history.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hip hop hasnt been exclusively black since the basement parties. regardless of race if u rep the culture well i give no ? .
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why not? Cuz he ur fake ass friend? Gtfoh
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yep. Leave Eminem out of that.

Did he get rich off of something created by black people? ... Sure he did ... But he carved out a completely new lane that other brothers followed and he shows respect to the culture and the history.

What lane would that be?
    Multiple styles and personalities displayed in a single song like 'My Name Is'. It's not too much different than what Kendrick now does in songs like 'Swimming Pools'.