David Banner's Message to America on Sway In The Morning

Options
13»

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Next to Killer Mike, Banner definitely be dropping the most heart felt knowledge to black people and to just Americans in general.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoogaSuga wrote: »
    Hold up...

Batman beats his momma?

that's ? up

It was a dark night

yeah Banner is one of the realest out here and plays this game well.

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad he mentioned that ? about a lot of the conscious music being trash. I be in the reason and a ? will post some conscious ? with a good message but ? lyrics and production. The convo usually goes like this:

ME: ? this ? is trash.
    THEM: ? grow up? It's trash because he ain;t talking about killing ? and ? ? ?
    ME: No, it's trash because this ? can barely put to words together and this beat is terrible. Just cause it's uplifting and ? doesn't mean it gets a pass on the actual entertainment factor.
    THEM:...? shut up.
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    BoogaSuga wrote: »
    Hold up...

Batman beats his momma?

that's ? up

It was a dark night

He a true American ?
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I wish I could GOAT that video a million times. So much truth being told by Mr. Banner! A lot of things I say and feel was displayed by him in the vid
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Huhm_bruh wrote: »
    Huhm_bruh wrote: »
    of course jewels was dropped. a lot of which the IC been dropping for years though.

i think the bro would be more powerful if he sacrificed them worldly pleasures he mention he like indulging in though. until then, he'll never go full Super Saiyan lv4 and his message will not have the full potential impact it could have. we understand you human and no one is perfect, but main part of the message is encouraging ppl to be the supreme being that is in them, well you can't do that without self control. and you can't have self control without sacrifice. Sacrifice them pleasures. and really do it. Like you said, you gotta suffer a bit. A ? that make a habit of indulging into any 1 worldly pleasure is no ? ; that's a slave. The pleasure has more power over his body than he do, so that's his master. Even Guru kicked knowledge about that...

knowledge of Self is a start, but it don't necessarily translate into power. Especially if you still refuse to break free from them strip club traps. lol. Qtip and them ? don't be knowing everything. The only true power you gonna ever have is in the control of your own body G. That is the #1 reason why ? is stuck in them cyclones in the hood, doing the same ? over and over. lack discipline. It's not because we forgot we had ancestors in Egypt.

So basically a person hasnt reached their full potential until theyre perfect, no ? .

If you think having knowledge of self and knowledge power is being perfect, you've been sadly misinformed.

Lol @ "Q-tip and them ? dont know everything", bruh where are you getting this information from that has you thinking ? should know everything and be perfect?

Knowledge of self is meant to bring a sense of balance ,consciousness and confidence in your life , which ultimately helps you control your temptations and prevents you from indulging into worldly pleasures. There's many examples I could give,but Ill share one. In a capitalistic society that is based upon becoming rich off the esteem of the population, where people purchase things they truly dont need to fill a void within themselves because they have vacant esteem. Through knowledge of self and knowledge power , confidence and esteem is already instilled. A person with knowledge of self wont go out and purchase frivolous things to feel whole, because we already do.

So to say he should sacrifice his pleasures as if youve been living with him to see if has or not is foolish.

didn't said we supposed to have all knowledge of everything. More so im saying i understand knowledge of self have a lot of benefits but be reminded that knowledge of self ISNT everything. Dont forget once you have the knowledge then that mean now its even more responsibility to DO know you know u gotta do with it. so here self control comes into play. Im just dropping extra jewels. And a lot of people hang on to what these celebrities say because they're famous. but quick to forget when people right around the corner said similar things. im not here to knock the brother I did say of course he drop some good stuff.

and He mentioned he have a line saying he don't cuss but he like to ? . Ok, thats wassup. do what u gotta do. Lol. but I just thought that it be cool if he mention we need to learn to be better self controlled than even that while on subject of being conscious and a supreme being

I agree 100% fam. The question Sway asked was where do we start tho, and he said we should start with finding our ? and knowledge of self. Knowledge of self is a multiple hr conversation alone, but I agree knowledge of self isnt the end all be all.

Im glad you mentioned it tho, because conversation is key. One person cant do it alone, but if we come together, we'll be able to make changes.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    finally got a chance to listen to it in its entirety..

glad he said it..
    seein as people seem to respect titles..
    and only wanna listen to people "branded" a certain way..

some things he said its not that i dont agree wit.. i jus think its unnecessary.. but he aint sayin nothin new we aint been sayin here..

alot of what he sayin i and a few others was jus sayin in the black vs ? thread but i digress..

a few things i took from this interview.. the rest i already had.. dooe none the less..
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Yall waiting for ? to come out the sky, ? is inside you"

THEY DONT HEAR YOU THO!

Krs one said the same thing at my school last Feb
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Knowledge Reigns Supreme

He gave a lecture?
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^here ? go getting giddy and ? about the idea of america becoming more mixed race. idgaf, that ? aint a good look for black ppl when our population has stayed at a stagnant 12-13% for years. its always strength in numbers. but too many ? aint thinking bout the improvment of the black race, just looking for an excuse 2 have mixed mutt babies w/ non blacks.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow this man said EVERYTHING

100% agree

TABERNACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knowledge Reigns Supreme

He gave a lecture?

Yeeeeessss!!! I was taking notes!! Hell everyone was taking notes!!

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its a little hard to take a man like him seriously. He can talk the "talk" but can he walk the "walk". Like a previous poster said; his interviews rarely mirror his music. This kind of hypocrisy makes what little he has to say disingenuous.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    its a little hard to take a man like him seriously. He can talk the "talk" but can he walk the "walk". Like a previous poster said; his interviews rarely mirror his music. This kind of hypocrisy makes what little he has to say disingenuous.

smh. Have you ever listened to a banner album? Every album has songs about those topics.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Music isn't the only available outlet for him to "walk the walk" nor is it anything close to being the most important. Stop trying so hard to discredit ppl who look like you and speak for your interests.

Even if you feel that way about his music why is that what you'd choose to harp on?

This isn't even about him AS MUCH as it's about the knowledge and understanding dropped.

No one is gonna be perfectly consistent in all aspects of what they do. It's one thing to take note of that. It's another thing to disregard all the positive and/or useful ideas articulated and only comment on what you find wrong with him personally.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Wish i had people i could bounce views Intelligently with on topics like this in real life .

You need a new circle, fam. If you're always the smartest and most intelligent person in a room...you need to visit some new rooms.

That's the thing, i dont have a Circle .

#LonerLifeNigga