THE OFFICIAL 2014-2015 CHICAGO BULLS THREAD

Options

Comments

• RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snell +1st for Shump I can do all day.... but will they smh n u talmbout pipe dreams lol
  • RiGGA
    Options
    On 2nd thought, Dunleavy not being able to play the 2 does hurt us. Thibs is just asking for an injury playing Butler that much but he doesn't have many options at the 2. Now that I think about it, I'm willing to part ways with Dunleavy for shump but hopefully we can package Kirk tf outta here too (get mad idgaf)
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gerald green is nice but only in the right system he sucked in indiana half court sets and even in the up tempo suns system hes playing in now he still takes a lot of bad shots it just that sometimes they go in -- hes wild but when he catches fire just get out the way

on the low defense dont win championships in the nba these days especially with these rules in place the bulls stayed having the best defensive team in the league the last several years and it has got them nothing without looking at the numbers im pretty sure history shows most title winners are top 10 or close to it on O and D -- thats why as ? as i was in the game against the mavs i was surprised that the bulls got into a shootout with probably the best offense in the nba and kept up -- a game that they should have won but you know enterprise kirk striked once again in the clutch

i still like this team a lot man i knew some defense would have to be sacrificed for some offense where they are ranked 11th in points scored but not at the rate they are giving it up on defense though but i still believe that the bulls still have the ability to flip the switch on d and get a stop when they need it

as bad as some of these losses have been if derrick had been playing better they win those games

so for right now im chilling being patient just watching
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    About time they get a win at home.. need to re-establish that home court advantage.
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ooohhh shumpert on the bulls i like the sound of that.........combination of butler and
    iman on the wings, and teams like the cavs and golden state are gonna have problems.....

u lose a lil offense with dunleavy gone but ? it u gonna need another wing defender
    come playoffs time.........

ya ? got enough offense as it is, gasol mirotic,mcbuckets,rose,brooks,taj
    Butler
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ooohhh shumpert on the bulls i like the sound of that.........combination of butler and
    iman on the wings, and teams like the cavs and golden state are gonna have problems.....

u lose a lil offense with dunleavy gone but ? it u gonna need another wing defender

Butler

I can't remember the last time he made a bucket
  • RiGGA
    Options

Butler

I can't remember the last time he made a bucket

I'm saying! Dude is just McDermott until further notice
  • ckfree
    Options
    pau/tyson success this season just makes me wonder how many other players recently have been just waiting for the right system to flourish its not like they are fundamentally different players (maybe a little more healthy) than they have been the last few years -- obviously everybody that knows basketball knows how good a player they are but there have to be other players with a lot of potential that just need to get into a favorable coaching/personnel situation to show it

and i think shump is definitely one of them

lol i take back what i said about taj needing to be traded so niko can get more minutes its just that he was out of sight and out of mind for too long man that i forgot how much of a dog he is he was the personification of a pit hanging from a tire swing yesterday
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    pau/tyson success this season just makes me wonder how many other players recently have been just waiting for the right system to flourish its not like they are fundamentally different players (maybe a little more healthy) than they have been the last few years -- obviously everybody that knows basketball knows how good a player they are but there have to be other players with a lot of potential that just need to get into a favorable coaching/personnel situation to show it

and i think shump is definitely one of them

lol i take back what i said about taj needing to be traded so niko can get more minutes its just that he was out of sight and out of mind for too long man that i forgot how much of a dog he is he was the personification of a pit hanging from a tire swing yesterday

He dunked the ? out of homeboy
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good win tonight
  • RiGGA
    Options
    They gotta find a way to play Mirotic more...I wish that fool could play the 3
  • S.jR.
    Options
    Finally beat Portland after losing the last 7 to them.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mcdermott has a torn meniscus had surgery yesterday out 6-8 weeks
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That rookie curse. Luckily, we don't need him right now.

On another note, it's good to see Derrick play with another PG not named Hinrich. Him and Brooks gave Portland hell. I just wish we could've seen Rose play with DJ or Nate.
  • S.jR.
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hopefully the McFresh injury led to his slow start to the season. And not him just generally need to still pick up with the NBA's game speed.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Hopefully the McFresh injury led to his slow start to the season. And not him just generally need to still pick up with the NBA's game speed.

*Dmx voice in belly* That's ya man.THAT'S ya man *Dmx voice in belly*

Bulls need another shooter since thibs refuses to play snell and with mcdermott out.Ray Allen would be ideal
  • ckfree
    Options
    mike malone gets fired for using a system thats best suited for their franchise player and not wanting to trade for josh smith wtf that 21 pts 13 rebs 5 asst 5 blks 2 stls line josh dropped on them saturday had their owner feel some ? probably

this the same owner that wants to utilize the 5 on 4 defense lmao

?
    collison
    boogie

were playing some of the best ball of their careers under him especially mcclemore

so if the system he was running was the problem malone getting fired was just inevitable they probably figured they were gonna suck this year and then they would fire him without getting their hands ? but malone had them dudes fighting and were looking to be an above average team before boogie got sick so he took it upon himself to fire malone under the guise of their recent struggles even though boogie been out

yea

this was a tank move so that the bulls wouldnt get their 1st round pick smh
  • ckfree
    Options
    jimmy should be the first option

hes the most reliable scorer the team has now and hes not luol denging himself to his 21 points either

hes being fed the ball in isolation situations and thriving
    hes hitting tough layups
    knocking down his jumpers
    and getting to the FT line

i still think against certain teams and especially in the playoffs this team is gonna need jimmy defense and i dont think he can sustain his defensive effectiveness when he has to score like this because he be working for his ? hard but he has earned extra opportunities and should definitely be the main option with pau the second and derrick the third -- if/when rose gets back to playing at a high level things may change but for now jimmy should be the guy
  • RiGGA
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    jimmy should be the first option

hes the most reliable scorer the team has now and hes not luol denging himself to his 21 points either

hes being fed the ball in isolation situations and thriving
    hes hitting tough layups
    knocking down his jumpers
    and getting to the FT line

i still think against certain teams and especially in the playoffs this team is gonna need jimmy defense and i dont think he can sustain his defensive effectiveness when he has to score like this because he be working for his ? hard but he has earned extra opportunities and should definitely be the main option with pau the second and derrick the third -- if/when rose gets back to playing at a high level things may change but for now jimmy should be the guy
    Thanks again :trollface:
  • S.jR.
    Options
    Niko and Butler did ? work against the Grizz. Put the team on their back tho!
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ckfree
    Options
    nice try kirk

nice try

but the bulls prevailed anyway

his grit seems to transcend stats ? shooting and horrible decision making be damned because he had the highest +/- in memphis and ive heard thibs mention this metric as to the value kirk has on the team but the fact that he had the highest +/- next to tony ? snell lets me know that metric is flawed

you can literally count on him to ? something up at the end of the game its frustrating thibs doesnt have a leash on him when he does stupid ? -- his 'intelligent d' isnt enough to keep him on the floor especially at the end of games almost why i want a healthy rose more than just having a healthy rose -- it will (hopefully) keep kirk off the floor

hes 34 so i know he was bound to regress physically but holy hell i think hes getting senile too and i use to never hate him up until this year now im close to the point of no return with him