1. Money - Dr Dre
2. Producer - Dr Dre
3. Respect - Dr Dre
4. Label Diddy
5. Albums Dr Dre
6. Rapper Dr Dre
7. More important to hip hop Dr Dre
8. Classics overall Dr Dre
9. Found the best rapper: Dr Dre (Ice Cube) they came up together without Dre no NWA so I say Cube.

Dr Dre vs P Diddy 52 votes

Dr Dre
94%
mrrealonelion_hearteternal soldier[Deleted User]bigryder.prince18sapp08_2001ferociousmonknillerthekidLcnsdbyROYALTYgman82Stewkingblaze84nohiphop1illestni99ainnePanchoYoSanchodeathrowzorrowBussy_Getta BobOblahDillaDeaf 49 votes
Diddy
5%
antoseegTHE_R_macadonwoo 3 votes

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr Dre
    Dre is behind more classic albums.

When you really think about it, Puffy had a good run in the mid 90s but the only 5 mic classics were Ready to Die and Life After Death. The greatness behind those albums was Big as an MC. Puff molded Big from a underground mixtape rapper to a top 40 artist. Craig Mack, Ma$e, The Lox and Black Rob all had hits in the mid/late 90s but I still gotta give this one to Dre.

Actually, you could say that Puffy is better at producing great singles whereas Dre is better at producing great albums. Flavor In Your Ear, Money Power Respect and Whoa are classic songs but the albums those songs appeared on were good, not great.

I voted for Dre on the strength of

Eazy Duz It
    Strait Outta Compton <<< a Top 5 album IMO
    No One Can Do It Better
    100 Miles And Runnin
    Niggaz4life
    The Chronic
    ?
    Chronic 2001
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr Dre
    anyone that votes for diddy should be automatically banned for life.

Dre helped make his mark in hip hop history, snoop dogg is a legend, eminem and 50 cent made their mark on hip hop, kendrick lamar is one of the best out right now.

whats diddy's contribution besides ? ass adlibs? MGK? French montana? Haaaa.

And please don't try to hit me with that biggie ? , his ? got biggie killed by having a ? record party in LA during the peak of the east / west beef.

so in conclusion you got dre who helped make some of the most memorable hip hop songs ever and then you ? boy diddy who got biggie killed indirectly...bad boy for life.

• _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr Dre
    Dre Brought

Snoop
    DOC
    Eminem
    Game
    Kendrick

and much more artists to the game

Diddy only had Biggie who is no longer here.
    All his other artists are either broke or in jail and either converted to ISLAM or becoming Priests.

Dre>>>>>Diddy
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Dr Dre
    5 Grand wrote: »

Actually, you could say that Puffy is better at producing great singles

HELL NO, Straight outta compton, gin and juice, whats my name, ? please, let me ride, deep cover,nuthin but a g thang,still dre, boys n the hood, should I keep going?

You obviously weren't living in NYC in the summer of 97

Hypnotize
    Mo Money More Problems
    Been Around The World
    It's All About The Benjamin's
    I'll Be Missing You
    We'll Always Love Big Poppa
    Feels So Good
    Sky's The Limit

^^^^ That's just 1 summer. Dr Dre never had a summer like that.

• deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr Dre
    How you give label to diddy? deathrow was better than bad boy.

Aftermath = dr dre
    Bad boy = diddy
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr Dre
    Does Diddy have any producer credits without his team of hitmen?

That's not a challenge, I really always wondered if he EVER was a producer in the beatmaker/composer sense or just an overseer sense.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr Dre
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Dre Brought

Snoop
    DOC
    Eminem
    Game
    Kendrick

and much more artists to the game

Diddy only had Biggie who is no longer here.
    All his other artists are either broke or in jail and either converted to ISLAM or becoming Priests.

Dre>>>>>Diddy

Dre easily, but nosign the bolded.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

HELL NO, Straight outta compton, gin and juice, whats my name, ? please, let me ride, deep cover,nuthin but a g thang,still dre, boys n the hood, should I keep going?

Actually I was, I lived in New York my whole life. the hell that got to do with anything? some of those you listed wasnt even produced by puff and they still not better than the ones I listed. and you talking about 1 year, I listed songs that ranged through multiple years. keep their head ringing, california love? cmon b
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The hell am I taking this thread serious for? the comparison sucks

Two undercover ? and a guy who openly admits to loving Nas. I lawse for even coming in here.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Dr Dre

Actually I was, I lived in New York my whole life. the hell that got to do with anything? some of those you listed wasnt even produced by puff and they still not better than the ones I listed. and you talking about 1 year, I listed songs that ranged through multiple years. keep their head ringing, california love? cmon b

I'm not talking one year, I'm talking one summer.

And if you were living in NY that summer, you weren't old enough to remember the stranglehold Puff had on Hot97. People couldn't stand him, they absolutely hated him. But the fact remains that you'd hear 4 or 5 songs produced by Puff in a row and they'd go to a commercial and comeback and play another 3 or 4 songs he produced. the only other song I remember from that summer was De Ja Vu by Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz.
  • deathrowzorrow
    Options
    Dr Dre
    I just want to know if people thinks like me.

dr dre goat. what he have done for hip hop makes him GOAT with NAS also that he made the fourth best album after Illmatic , Stillmatic & It Was Wriotten
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Dr Dre

And if you were living in NY that summer, you weren't old enough to remember the stranglehold Puff had on Hot97. People couldn't stand him, they absolutely hated him. But the fact remains that you'd hear 4 or 5 songs produced by Puff in a row and they'd go to a commercial and comeback and play another 3 or 4 songs he produced. the only other song I remember from that summer was De Ja Vu by Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz.

Lmao this old ass ? swears up and down nobody was old enough to remember ? around this piece.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Dr Dre
    Stew wrote: »

Lmao this old ass ? swears up and down nobody was old enough to remember ? around this piece.

It's because of the revisionist history that's being spouted as truth. Anybody that was 15 or older in 1997 wouldn't deny that Puffy had the rap game in the palm of his hands in the summer of 1997. Thats indisputable. Master P came a lil later.

Stew, how old are you?
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dre used samples, but he would also combine live instruments with the samples to make it sound even more dope.

Puff would just "take hit's from the 80's".

He was like hip-hop's version of Weird Al Yankovic...

That No Way Out album was garbage, when you stop to think about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxAEXUyGM94

^^^^This song >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Diddy's life.

(G.O.A.T. video, too.)
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    edited December 2014
    Options

Producing hits for multiple decades>>>>one summer
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    The hell am I taking this thread serious for? the comparison sucks

Cant believe I said this........and Im continuing to debate this ? smh I take the L today
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Dr Dre
    Stew wrote: »

It's because of the revisionist history that's being spouted as truth. Anybody that was 15 or older in 1997 wouldn't deny that Puffy had the rap game in the palm of his hands in the summer of 1997. Thats indisputable. Master P came a lil later.

Stew, how old are you?

Im 32.
  • deathrowzorrow
    Options
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Dr Dre
    I voted for Dre so I don't know why people are arguing with me.

Having said that;

Life After Death - 10x Platinum
    No Way Out - 7x Platinum
    Harlem World - 4x Platinum

^^^^ Those albums all came out in 1997.

Name another Producer/CEO that sold 21 million in one year
  • deathrowzorrow
    Options
    Dr Dre
    congratz on dr dre for being the first billionarie
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr Dre
    I voted for Dre so I don't know why people are arguing with me.

Having said that;

Life After Death - 10x Platinum
    No Way Out - 7x Platinum
    Harlem World - 4x Platinum

^^^^ Those albums all came out in 1997.

Name another Producer/CEO that sold 21 million in one year

But... But Diddy don't produce ? . Executive produce, yea, but actually making beats, that honor goes to the Hitmen (sans Diddy's credit stealing ass)
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Dr Dre
    Dre by far, he put out hit records for 2pac and helped him sell 10 mill with All Eyez On Me, to this day Pac's best selling album. What he did for Deathrow alone is legendary and same with NWA but for what he helped do with Eminem and 50, and the hot tracks he put out with G-Unit, there is no comparison.

But Diddy definitely did his thing, Bad Boy was a huge ass label for a long time, no one can deny this. LOX, Biggie, P Diddy's first album and even helping Lil Kim alone has made Diddy one of the most respected people in hip hop history. Both deserve my upmost respect.