complex 10 reasons why tupac better then biggie

Options
270crownst
270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    better than him how? Ok he was better in that he was probably the more famous one and did more stuff outside of rap but what's that got to do with their material.
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Intelligent_Hoodlum Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who be writing this ? for complex seem like they outta touch
    oh and against all odds >>> Hit Em Up
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    N B4 Bilfiger gets in here wit that Ballerina henessee/enemies rhethoric
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Bieber ? at the end tho!!!!!
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9uM55gy3FE

NOTHING BUT RAW ASS TRUTH.
    2Pac’s catalog is a mess of experimentation, contradiction, and revolutionary promise. His first two albums are rather tattered around the edges; his third album, the self-titled group project Thug Life, is strong though neglected; and even Me Against the World sounds retro and lo-fi compared to 2Pac’s later (and posthumous) albums. Mid-career hits like “Death Around the Corner,” “Keep Ya Head Up,” and “I Get Around” revealed 2Pac to be a potentially blockbuster dramatization, however—more volatile and complex than his West Coast predecessors, and with an ideology to rally the proud black masses.

In 1996, the radical vision of Chuck D and KRS-One was once again viable in hip-hop, via the life and raps of Tupac Shakur.

All Eyez On Me, the crown jewel of 2Pac’s catalog, is a superhuman spectrum of virtue and vice, invincibility and paranoia, and sheer pettiness regarding the fairer sex. As his stardom caught fire in ’96, 2Pac would frequently shatter the fourth wall, with “Ambitionz Az a Ridah” being his anthem: “So many battlefield scars while driven in plush cars/This life as a rap star is nothing without heart.” All Eyez on Me is also the crux of so much 2Pac mythology; “Ain't Hard 2 Find” features the man rapping ahead of his own grave: “I heard a rumor I died, murdered in cold blood; dramatized/Pictures of me in my final stage; you know mama cried/But that was fiction, some coward got the story twisted/Like I no longer existed, mysteriously missing.”

The Notorious B.I.G., 2Pac’s most obvious rival in the East/West Coast wars of the mid-’90s, was the more proficient rapper on various rhythmic and lingual counts; though critical retrospect tends to exaggerate the simplicity of 2Pac’s rhyme schemes and vocab. In any case, B.I.G. was never quite the font of rage and grandiose action that’s inspired three (so far) generations of rappers—from Eminem and 50 Cent, to Lil Boosie, to Meek Mill and J. Cole—to follow 2Pac’s blueprint after the rapper’s violent demise.

And what a blueprint it was. Volume. Affect. Rage. Bass. In the 21st century, hip-hop is made in 2Pac’s image, his mark is indelible, and he’s the greatest rapper who’s no longer among us. May they all rest in peace.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    HELL YEAH ...NOW THIS A REAL ASS THREAD
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    WESTSIDE .....OUTLAWWWWSS
  • nohiphop1
    nohiphop1 Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is there an infinite GOAT button?

Expect irrational backlash. :)
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Intelligent_Hoodlum Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Ready to die better than any Pac project imo

MATW is ? wit it, hard to say which is better, i got em tied and i think overall they the best releases from Pac & Big....

RTD got them guttah/gritty street rhymes and Biggie flow,cadence,and worldplay was ridiculous
    MATW was straight poetry, that ? almost like a modern day Blues album its so sincere & soulful

on a lyrical level, from a technical aspect RTD might be better
    on the other hand i can relate alot more to what Pac was spittin
    songs like "Young ? " and "Lord Knows" really hit home for me
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    The 7 Day Theory>>>
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    1st of all ? complex.

And 2nd. When will people realize that these two rappers werent in the same category? Just because they befeed and died around the same time does not mean they're comparable.

Both are in my top 5 but let's be honest. One was a lyricist and the other was a poet.

A more credible debate is putting pac against another rapper who spoke from the heart and put bigger against another rapper who's dope on wordplay and being nice.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how about the fact that he was just a much better rapper than biggie? just 1 reason is needed

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Ready to die better than any Pac project imo

ready to die wouldn't ? pac's top 5 best albums

i know it's the holidays but lay off the dust
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    how about the fact that he was just a much better rapper than biggie? just 1 reason is needed

Based on what? Emotion? Feelings don't make a dope rapper
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Complex out here trolling ? before the holidays lol. If we're talking lyrical ability, it's Big. If we're talking better albums, its Big. If you're talking about someone who was able to inspire through his words, give it to Pac. I've always said Pac was a better inspirational speaker than anyone in the game, and that's not a slight. But if we talking rapping, c'mon son. ? ain't even close if you being realistic and not in your feelings

yea, only song pac tried to come ill was got my mind made up cuz he had some heavyweights and he had to

but pac better imo just cuz he tried to inspire
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All Eyez On me & ME Against the world = Pac best albums