When Will it End? 18yr Old Antonio Martin killed by Cop

Options

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Lyfe wrote: »
    I don't believe he was pointing a ? gun at a cop. What Black kid do you know with all that's going on would raise a deadly weapon at a cop? What a crock of ? .

Chief Keef

#BangBang
    #3Hunna

This is one of the most naive comments I've seen...these youngins don't give a ? lol

• BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

After further looking at this video, the kid with the bookbag on the left is Antonio Martin. I really can't tell if he has anything in his hand but he did have something in his pocket walking in camera view. The cop in front has a flashlight in one hand and empty in the other. Antonio moves closer and a light goes off Martin's side then the witness runs. If Martin was not shooting why would the light go off on his side instead of from the 2nd cops side.

Either the cop out of the frame shot Martin or Martin did shoot first. The other witnesses were women pushing the stroller. I don't wanna take sides but something seems off.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    I always say ? these crakkkers but where's the other cameras?
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    but white men do draw on the police all the time and dont get shot

Dublin got the answers.......
    http://youtu.be/Aeoca-VmpcM

Lol yeah if Dublin CA I bet they took his ass right over to Santa Rita.

You know that ? ain't gon work for black folks tho. It's gon be "drop your weapon" "I felt threatened" "shoot to ? " .

• Cunt_Lyfe
    Cunt_Lyfe Members, Writer Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    I don't believe he was pointing a ? gun at a cop. What Black kid do you know with all that's going on would raise a deadly weapon at a cop? What a crock of ? .

Chief Keef

#BangBang
    #3Hunna

This is one of the most naive comments I've seen...these youngins don't give a ? lol

? does keef have to do with this?

Common sense tells me that with Tamir Rice being shot, there would be a fear if being shot. As much as ? fear cops, pointing a gun at a pig doesn't make plausible sense.

Also, I've seen how cops lie to justify using force. I was at a protest and saw cops antagonize protesters, 5 of them jump a kid for nothing, then charge him with a felony so they could be seen as justified. So I have no problem believing they'd lie--it's naive to believe otherwise
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They really out here with these struggle cameras in 2015? I got better cameras than police departments in my home? Man them ? need to quit playing and turn on these damn cameras! I know that store got better video than that too.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options

Chief Keef

#BangBang
    #3Hunna

Common sense tells me that with Tamir Rice being shot, there would be a fear if being shot. As much as ? fear cops, pointing a gun at a pig doesn't make plausible sense.

Also, I've seen how cops lie to justify using force. I was at a protest and saw cops antagonize protesters, 5 of them jump a kid for nothing, then charge him with a felony so they could be seen as justified. So I have no problem believing they'd lie--it's naive to believe otherwise

The justice system is built on lies so even when the rarely follow the correct protocols, it's hard to believe them.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seem like the cop was ready to shoot.

Look how dude steps back and that's when Antonio approaches the cop.

and sealed his fate........
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Dude from where I grew up who drew on a cop, it does happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlhM-HJ3U0o
    At first I was gonna say they could have rushed him. Then I got to the end of the video and that ? drew that gun like he was a muthafukkin Cowboy/Outlaw in a former life gotdamn that was a quick ass draw.

Plus he was literally asking for it lol

As for this particular situation I dont trust anything police say. Like I put on FB, if he didnt have a gun he will by the time he gets to the coroner and he'll have gun metal traces on his hands and finger prints will be on the gun they put at the scene and all.
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so it looks like this will immediately erase any goodwill those two cops being murdered gained
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Chief Keef

#BangBang
    #3Hunna

The justice system is built on lies so even when the rarely follow the correct protocols, it's hard to believe them.

Good point, it's why I can see why some are skeptical about what cops are saying in this case
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    The_Man wrote: »
    twitter is not a reliable source of information.

cobbland wrote: »
    My mans on facebook said they put his body in back of a van instead of an ambulance.

How do you post tweets?

There was a twitter user who posted a Vine clip of people screaming about a body being loaded into a van.

The twitter post and the vine clip have been removed.

#https://t w i t t e r.com/ceesolano/status/547724551992672257#
    (^^^Remove the spaces in the address to open in a new tab, it will read: "Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!")
    https://twitter.com/ceesolano

#

Edited:
    Found the clip:

Is it possible this was the moment the coroner took his body away?

1. In cases like these, I've found the legitimate twitter users to be more reliable than the MSM.

2. It's possible that the coroner is shown in the video taking away his body. Still doesn't explain why EMTs weren't called to the scene.

3. I posted an example on page 2 of this thread of an attempted robbery that happened at a gas station on the south side of Chicago in February of this year. The man who was nearly robbed happened to be an off-duty sheriff deputy. The individual he shot was 16. He called an ambulance after he shot the teen. Multiple cameras (near and far) caught the incident, and were immediately shown once obtained by local news. The camera footage released in the incident involving Antonio Martin comes from the cameras furthest away from the incident.

We do not know for sure if no ambulance was called, maybe he was dead and there was no need? couldn't one of the many people standing around have called one? all the information is not known, unless I missed it I haven't read everything.

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    latimes.com/nation/la-na-berkeley-grandmother-20141224-story.html
    Berkeley suspect's grandmother: 'I want to see the gun in his hand'

The grandmother of the 18-year-old black man shot and killed by a white police officer in Berkeley, Mo., on Tuesday night was quite clear about how she felt about the shooting.

“I ain't thinking about Ferguson, ain't thinking about anything else," Margret Chandler, 65, of St. Louis, told the Los Angeles Times on Wednesday. "I’m just thinking about my grandson. ... I ain't interested in what people are talking about. I want the facts."

And the only thing she wants to know is whether her grandson, Antonio Martin, who died outside a gas station near Ferguson, Mo., pointed a gun at a police officer, as officials have said.

“If he was in the wrong, I want to know he was in the wrong. I want to see the gun in his hand," Chandler told The Times. "I don't want them to tell me he had it. I want to see it. These police do some ? things. They just wait until nightfall to see some young black men and gun them down.

Martin died in what police and city officials on Wednesday tentatively deemed a justified shooting, largely because of a loaded 9-millimeter handgun reported found at the scene and gas-station surveillance footage that shows Martin lifting up his arm at the unidentified officer.

The unidentified officer had a dash camera in his car and a body camera, but neither was activated, officials said. The gas-station footage released by police shows the encounter only from a distance, and police said they trimmed the footage to end at the moment before Martin was shot in order to spare his family the pain of seeing that.

Chandler made it clear that seeing her grandson being shot wasn't an issue, and that only the facts mattered.

"We want to see the whole thing," she said. "They can show it to us in private, or in the media, or whatever."

Chandler, who said she hadn't seen Martin in a while, described him as being interested in sports and making music videos. “When he was around me, he was quiet, because he knew I didn’t go for no foolishness," Chandler told The Times.

Chandler added: "I want to know if Antonio was in the wrong. If he was in the wrong, it’s all over. But if they can’t show me he's in the wrong, then something's wrong."

Police officials said Martin had already been in trouble during his young life. Since turning 17, he had been arrested on suspicion of assaults, armed robbery, armed criminal action and theft, according to St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar.

Belmar said the 9-millimeter handgun found at the gas station had its serial number filed off, raising the possibility it had been stolen. Missouri law, with a few exceptions for military members, does not allow residents younger than 19 to carry concealed handguns.

"This doesn't make any sense for them to ? my son like this," Toni Martin-Green told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch from her home near the University of Missouri-St. Louis. "I am trying to be calm."

Martin's father, Jerome Green, told the newspaper that Martin was the oldest of four siblings and took medication for being hyperactive.

"He was not a violent person, to our knowledge," Green told the Post-Dispatch. "Around us there weren't any pistols. It's hard to believe that."
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like hes pointing something at the officer. in the other video i seen on CNN

Thats not how you hold.. ID or hotdogs... soooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfK5HcQrgOQ

there has to be other angles though
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ who pulls out guns on cops?

Like 3 days ago some dude didnt ? 2 cops
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    . . . My homie used to be a Cop in Houston, he told me they would hurry and call EMT's to the Scene regardless if they knew the victim was dead or not & then would say the Person died at the Hospital in order to prevent Riots & Uprisings like the one you see here .

So the cops in STL in general are Stupid ? when it comes to handling Deaths .
  • stringer bell
    Options
    nbcnews.com/news/us-news/crowd-protesting-antonio-martins-death-shut-down-highway-n274646
    Crowd Protesting Antonio Martin's Death Shut Down Highway

A small group of protesters twice shut down a highway near Berkeley, Missouri, a day after an 18-year-old was fatally shot by police after authorities said he pointed a 9mm handgun at the officer.

The group of about 70 people brought traffic on I-170 southbound to a halt after protesters entered it at about 7:30 p.m. local time (8:30 p.m. ET). The group later exited the highway. There was no reports of arrests. Protesters then reentered the highway in the northbound lanes about an hour later, NBC station KSDK reported.

The highway shut downs occurred after demonstrators gathered at the Berkeley gas station where Antonio Martin was fatally shot by a police officer late Tuesday.

• king mocha
    king mocha Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Witness #40 knows what really happened. Lets wait on her remarks
  • stringer bell
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Apparently ? are turning up in the hood where Martin got killed.. Throwing bottles @ the pigs & running off the lying ass media...
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    A. It's possible he did not point a gun and the cops are on their ?
    B. It's possible he did point a gun and got shot
    C. It's possible this guy pulled out a phone with a camera with a flash activated (to record) held it up and got shot. But, that is an alternative speculation of mine only based on 1 angle of the release videos