Rappers that need to prove more in their legacy?

Options
2»

Comments

• Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZ should run this thread...has the technical skill, delivery, and swag to be THAT ? but never reached that level.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    -Busta on his own albums. He's really the 1st that comes to mind. Somebody already mentioned him though and i'm just repeating
    -Kendrick because he just really caught the attention of the masses so now he has to bring it again.
    -Childish Gambino cause he gets no respect in the rap world.
    -Slick Rick just to re-solidify himself as one of the best ever
    -Kilo (ha,ha, just cause people outside of ATL really don't remember how he at one point was the A)
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some Of these ? y'all need to just let go of ... Busta Rhymes been in the game 20years now? If you don't feel he has a "classic" album at this point it's pretty clear the ? just ain't gone happen ... You simply have to respect guys like him and a Fabolous' ability to stay relevant for that long ...that's their legacy ...the hits ..that's the legacy
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really this ? should be about new artist ...these old ? legacy has pretty much been ingrained one way or another ...? if you 15years in you ain't just about to change your entire legacy off one good album ...nah

For Me...I'd put ? like

Wale
    Meek Mill
    ASAP Rocky
    Jay Electronica
    Lupe Fiasco
    Wiz Khalifa
    Jcole
    Kendrick

Etc etc ....

You know these guys are all in some way relatively fresh enough in the game were they can still sway were their legacies end up ...their still writting them as we speak ... Some of them ? that have been doing this ? for 2 decades is like c'mon my ? ...you are who we thought you were!
  • Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Love Below, even with all the synching up it does, still doesn't stand the test of time. At all. Luda, I concur there's always something lacking. It's like his albums will be riding then you'll hit some randomness that just feels out of place. Theater of the Mind was borderline classic.

Method Man co-runs this thread, though. I can still listen to 36 Chambers and come out expecting a ? album like a fiend. Then I listen to Tical and forget its that same beast.

Other side of this thread is Busta Rhymes. Said it a million and one times here: Busta's features are better than anybody's in Hip Hop. Period. Only person close is Ludacris. Unfortunately, none of that translates to his albums. You got banging singles and ? in between. He needs one big-ass cohesive front to back bomb. Maybe work with a single producer and see what happens.

Strongly disagree with you on Busta. Re-check his albums, all the way from Leaders albums to his own solo, most def album # 1-5 & then Big Bang too. I just think its more to do with people not taking him serious, for whatever goofy reason, prolly cuz his style been animated (like Luda). Doubt its his catalouge cuz cats are crazy to say that about his albums IMO.

Luda? Maybe. Word Of Mouf was pretty dope and cohesive tho IMO, but overall you might be right. Even ? is correct, but i personally ? with Tical. I get it tho.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Busta might be meh now but he set he dont need more to prove
  • ikey_baby
    ikey_baby Members Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Options
    If a rapper has more than 5 albums & is close to 40 or past he will never cement his legacy as a great.

It's a rap for busta he put in a lot of work he is a legend it's nothing wrong with having a solid catalog.

Method man is a legend but c'mon son you'll really think he can do any better

Jada still has the potential

Fab still has the potential to

Andre will never put out a album time for you'll to face facts. Dude is kinda overrated imo but he is already a great.
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Royce
    Juelz ( lazy ass)
    Melle Mel ...... jk........
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fabolous owns this thread. I remember that ? ? had the nerve to wonder how people thought he was underrated.

As if his body of work is worth mentioning outside of street dreams and the soul tapes.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fabolous owns this thread. I remember that ? ? had the nerve to wonder how people thought he was underrated.

As if his body of work is worth mentioning outside of street dreams and the soul tapes.

Tinc series was dope too
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K.B. needs to stay in the game
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »

It would be alot better if he didn't.
    imma powerbomb you off the tallest building in Houston onto a pile of K.B mixtapes bruh.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 cent

T.i

Jeezy

Nah 50 T.I. and Jeezy have released great albums more or less especially 50 with over 30 million sold. They could retire today and their careers would be solid runs
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Really this ? should be about new artist ...these old ? legacy has pretty much been ingrained one way or another ...? if you 15years in you ain't just about to change your entire legacy off one good album ...nah

Y

Sometimes u can tho.

Stillmatic and 2001

Showed that you could be in the game for 15+ years and still shock the masses with the hottest album.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    American gangster too
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options

imma powerbomb you off the tallest building in Houston onto a pile of K.B mixtapes bruh.

can't let the suburbs dictate what the streets do

• Ear2DaSt
    Options

U stupid azz a b*tch if u think ima listen to yo azz

• GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 cent

T.i

Jeezy

Nah 50 T.I. and Jeezy have released great albums more or less especially 50 with over 30 million sold. They could retire today and their careers would be solid runs

Those dudes should not be automatically lumped together but I agree that there are solid to legendary careers here.

50 Cent and T.I. are definite legends from record sales and classic albums alone.