T.I. On Larry King (old) - Speaks on Gun Charges

Options
5 Grand
5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in The Reason
In the other thread people were basically calling T.I a snitch because he only served a year in jail for those weapons charges. I remember watching this Larry King episode the day it aired. @ 4:00 into the interview he explains why he had those guns. His explanation gives a good enough reason of why he had them. A good lawyer could have argued duress, paranoia or some psychological reason.

If I was on the jury I might have voted not guilty. I can see why the Prosecutor made a deal. TI had a good reason to have those guns. He was paranoid because he got shot at in Cincinnati.

TI on Larry King part 1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RYPUAvLgRvo

TI on Larry King part 2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w-To3tvHWgI

TI on Larry King part 3

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9GyU0CJ5Px0

TI on Larry King part 4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jrbm0KqNLt8

TI on Larry King part 5

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G8_cewgMQ4g

Comments

• IAmDopeSmoke
    IAmDopeSmoke Members Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This what I been sayin from the start but ? don't speak English round here
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    its the kangggg homie
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But then couldn't anybody use that defense? Why makes TI special?
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    At the beginning of Part 3 Larry King asked him if he thought his sentence was fair. T.I. explained his sentence and it was more than just a year in jail. He served,

a year of house arrest,
    a year and a day in jail,
    1,500 hours of community service
    and 3 years probation.

Thats not such a light sentence, especially considering he had the best lawyers money can buy.
  • The Furley Ghost
    The Furley Ghost Members Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^^GTFOH a year in prison is all that matters not even giving a ? about t.i. in general.... that is beyond generous for one of those guns being that he's a felon....and you're here giving out house arrest credit.....give real street dudes the option (if it was an option) to lay up at home or do jail time...
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I KNEW!! this was gonna be a 5 Grand thread

My take on this and always has been, that TI must be paying A LOT of money ongoing for his freedom. I think the only way he came out of there after 1 year was making a deal to give up much of his money from here on in. I've never seen any proof he turned snitch.
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    At the beginning of Part 3 Larry King asked him if he thought his sentence was fair. T.I. explained his sentence and it was more than just a year in jail. He served,

a year of house arrest,
    a year and a day in jail,
    1,500 hours of community service
    and 3 years probation.

Thats not such a light sentence, especially considering he had the best lawyers money can buy.

And still got off light though. I don't think he snitched but they did take it easy on that man. I remember reading that he paid like 3 mill on I wanna say bail but it's been too long
  • IAmDopeSmoke
    IAmDopeSmoke Members Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^^GTFOH a year in prison is all that matters not even giving a ? about t.i. in general.... that is beyond generous for one of those guns being that he's a felon....and you're here giving out house arrest credit.....give real street dudes the option (if it was an option) to lay up at home or do jail time...

Ya but that's the point ya ordinary street ? felon <<<<<<<<< a famous well known loved byb millions with lots of money felon.....status still does and always will count for something in society the rich get the top floor the poor get the door
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whocares at this point if he snitched or not . ? still goin to support him regardless.
  • 5 Grand
    edited December 2014
    Options

Yeah but he got shot at in Cincinnati. He said there were over 50 bullet holes in the van he was riding in. That fact alone could be used in court that he was under duress or paranoid and he wasn't thinking clearly. Also, he tied it into the 2Pac, Biggie and Jam Master Jay murders. He said they were killed and nobody solved those crimes yet so he was paranoid when he got shot at. A good lawyer could have got him off, well maybe. Thats why the prosecutor made a deal

Also, they showed him going to juvenile detention centers and talking to the youth as part of his community service. Since he's a rich, high profile celebrity the kids look up to him. Like he said in the interview, he can do more good for the community if he's on the outside than he can do inside a jail cell.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The lengths folk go to justify explain to situation is hilarious... But but Ross fake for having a job lol... This ? is hilarious. Straight popularity contest