Jehovah Witness

Options
adagreat
adagreat Members Posts: 679
edited September 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Any! here follows that religion?
i work with sum1 who is a jehovah witness and she tells me bout things that they believe and all that and it seems a lil weird, for example they dont celebrate holidays, not even christmas or birthdays!Let me kno if you guys familiar with them, beyond you closing the door in their faces on a saturday afternoon, lol

Comments

• jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Them ? stop coming to my house cuz my father would debate with them about the Bible everytime. ? is tooo funny
  • Paul Mooneys Dad
    Paul Mooneys Dad Members Posts: 22
    edited June 2010
    Options
    they only eat pork which is dope but they also gotta ride them really old bicycles with the paper thin wheels.. ? all that
  • HustleTree
    HustleTree Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Them ? stop coming to my house cuz my father would debate with them about the Bible everytime. ? is tooo funny

Seen a video similar to that ...Some mormon's stepped to a black dude trying to drop knowledge and ol boy chewed his their ass up ...? was hilarious
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Even if Jehovah witness he'll never testify.

-Jay-Z-
  • trailblazer98
    trailblazer98 Members Posts: 76
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If you have done any research on holidays that are celebrated in this country you would know that it all stems from some type of paganism that has nothing to with Chritianity. And that includes Christmas. Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus, its all about tradition and retail.
  • KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Holidays are man made things and witnesses is to try and follow and live how jesus lived. thats why they go door to door just like jesus went town to town city to city to teach people about his father's kingdom.jesus never mentioned any thing about celebration except about his death. thats why they have that drinking of wine and bread thing and thats it.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I have some fam that are.. and known people in school that were.. idk its seems cultish.. especially with that 144,000 or whatever the number is.. that goes to the kingdom..lol foh with that ? .. i cant even respect that ? ..
  • KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I have some fam that are.. and known people in school that were.. idk its seems cultish.. especially with that 144,000 or whatever the number is.. that goes to the kingdom..lol foh with that ? .. i cant even respect that ? ..

the 144,000 is the ones chosen to rule in with jesus in the new system and the rest is to live on earth in a paradise.so its not like they saying only 144,000 will live and the rest die.
  • playmaker88
    edited June 2010
    Options
    KplusK wrote: »
    the 144,000 is the ones chosen to rule in with jesus in the new system and the rest is to live on earth in a paradise.so its not like they saying only 144,000 will live and the rest die.

Regardless...
  • trailblazer98
    edited June 2010
    Options

12,000 each out of the 12 tribes of Isreal=144, 000. People ? me with this. You should respect other people religions. you don't believe then don't believe. but don't knock other peoples religion. Real Talk, they knocking on your door out of love for you as a human being. They are trying to help you see what they see.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult!!! -Christian Zealot
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I had some mormons come to my apartment door and then one of them got into this whole thing about how all mormons have their cupboards well-stocked and how a mormon would never live how people in my neighbourhood lived. He probably deserved a beating over his gelled-up mormon tabernacle choir head with his own knapsack. I just told him to leave.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Somebody should create a Jehovah's Witness alias.
  • playmaker88
    edited June 2010
    Options
    12,000 each out of the 12 tribes of Isreal=144, 000. People ? me with this. You should respect other people religions. you don't believe then don't believe. but don't knock other peoples religion. Real Talk, they knocking on your door out of love for you as a human being. They are trying to help you see what they see.

They can do them.. but they cant hwo me anything.. Im not particularly religious but i respect other peoples views within reason.. idk some aspects such as not celebrating occassions are not going to give you the window seat on the flight to heaven im just saying..
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

? they don't respect your religion by trying to tell you that you're wrong and they're better.....
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    One of my most beautiful and talented female friends is a Jehovah's Witness...
  • trailblazer98
    edited June 2010
    Options
    goat334 wrote: »
    ? they don't respect your religion by trying to tell you that you're wrong and they're better.....

I've listened to them and not one them has said this to me nor have I gotten that vibe from them...ever.
  • trailblazer98
    edited June 2010
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    do jehovah's witness from diff countries practice differently? i used to have some JW neighbors that were hispanic and they were very religious. the girls only wore long skirts and on sundays the played the guitar and sang all day. but the black ones i see here i've never seen them doing the singing thing and they dress how they want and drive some nice cars. its the mormons i always see on bikes

from my research, they teach everything the same everywhere...how many religions can say they do that?
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I've listened to them and not one them has said this to me nor have I gotten that vibe from them...ever.

Congrats.......
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I used to study the bible with Jehovah's Witnesses and really enjoyed it. There's things I agree with and there's things I disagree with, but that's life, in general. My mom is studying to be one.
  • Moment.of.Silence
    Moment.of.Silence Members Posts: 1,144 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • missiamtheshit
    missiamtheshit Members Posts: 949
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Damn Beam is back?
  • trailblazer98
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I used to study the bible with Jehovah's Witnesses and really enjoyed it. There's things I agree with and there's things I disagree with, but that's life, in general. My mom is studying to be one.

What didn't you agree with?
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Fam Mike was a Jehovah's witness so they can't be turrible
  • jbrooks229
    jbrooks229 Members Posts: 1,306 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    THey say one 1500 people are going to "heaven"