Gas Less Than $2 A Gallon In 13 states

Options
124»

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    I would say Obama needs a third term, but I don't want Hillary to get too old before she takes office. Having democratic rule for eight more years via Hillary will have to suffice..

Honestly if we get 3 to 4 terms of a democratic president that will be the death of the Republican party.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gas prices going down but food prices remain the same. smh There is some trickeration going on here people. The reason why food is so expensive is because the cost of gas to transport ? and our dependence on corn to produce gas/food. If gas price is going down so should food prices.
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $1.819 today..crazy.

Oil briefly fell below $50.00 today

If you look at the price of oil per barrel this cast of countries needs to balance their budgets on, all I can do is laugh...

ada920.png
  • Darth Sidious
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Gas prices going down but food prices remain the same. smh There is some trickeration going on here people. The reason why food is so expensive is because the cost of gas to transport ? and our dependence on corn to produce gas/food. If gas price is going down so should food prices.

Unlike Oil, the demand for food is not decreasing while at the same time the global supply of food is increasing.

This is econ 101.

The price of oil is set by a cartel ( Opec ) and there is one player in that cartel who holds all of the card..saudia arabia and for a multitude of reasons, they are keeping it VERY low right now.

The price of food has way many more variables than transportation costs, look at what is going to happen to Olive oil prices next year because of a blight.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/jan/03/olive-oil-price-rise-feared

Price of olive oil soaring after worst harvest in over a decade

Wholesale costs double following ‘black year’ for farms in southern Europe and north Africa

Forget scouring the January sales for clothes and electrical goods and cheap Christmas wrapping paper for next year – the thing to be stocking up on this month is olive oil.

A dreadful 12 months for olives in several major producing countries has led to 2014 being labelled the “black year” for the industry and to the doubling of the bulk cost of olive oil in some areas.

Unusual weather and a proliferation of insects and bacterial blight have devastated the harvest in several countries. Analysts have been predicting a bad year for olive oil since the summer, after it became clear that hot late spring weather in Spain – the world’s largest producer of olives – was going to have a key impact on autumn harvests. Other producers have been coming in with equally poor results, adding to the woes of the industry Europe-wide.

• 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Funny thing about all this is that its actually hurting our economy, just to stick it to our enemies. I aint gonna get too deep with it but this one of those "laugh now, cry later" situations. Better enjoy this ? while it lasts.
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...Michigan...

...Gas $1.67 a gallon for Regular here...

so_maybe_white_people_can_actually_dance_after_all_09.gif
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Funny thing about all this is that its actually hurting our economy, just to stick it to our enemies. I aint gonna get too deep with it but this one of those "laugh now, cry later" situations. Better enjoy this ? while it lasts.

How so exactly?
  • Darth Sidious
    Options

There are always 'winners' and 'losers' but if you are an average US consumer without job or great financial exposure to oil industry or it's suppliers or need to pull money out of the stock market in the near term, lower energy prices are awesome.

Economies that rely so heavily on the price of oil being above a certain point should learn a lesson from this that they need to diversify as it can all come and go very easily.

• Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options

How so exactly?

American oil production has been at highest peak ever and with OPEC driving the prices down so low it hurts the gains we have made from fraking. American oil companies lose money, americans lose jobs. You can google all this information or even ask @sion how these oil prices ultimately affect the markets. Russia is losing crazy bread right now from this move.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...Michigan...

...Gas $1.67 a gallon for Regular here...

so_maybe_white_people_can_actually_dance_after_all_09.gif

cs
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what about the others? Are they to just keep paying more than they have to?

I can see this side getting upset with that side over this.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cheapest I saw here was $1.95
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all these other states drop their ? by dollars and ours is down like $0.20
    #luckyyoulivehawaii

2d2359cb581c232a1737fb12b90484b03cdb2b4.gif
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1.70 in Keller, TX. region (Fort Worth suburb)
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    ? i wish that ? drops to 1 and change
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wish it would drop to like 1.50 or less