The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Just watched The Judge with Robert Downey Jr good ass movie. I got a crush on Vera Farmiga nh

@Bcotton

Why would you say no ? after saying you have a crush on a woman?

He ain't ordinary
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Anyway seen equalizer ..good flick don't think denzel has one bad movie in his catalogue

Panther ..( movie was hard af to find) love the the black panthers got a couple books on huey newton ..cleaver and seale....this movie was good adaptation of the peebles book and had good cast of black actors
    S/O @missk on the find
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Anyway seen equalizer ..good flick don't think denzel has one bad movie in his catalogue

Panther ..( movie was hard af to find) love the the black panthers got a couple books on huey newton ..cleaver and seale....this movie was good adaptation of the peebles book and had good cast of black actors
    S/O @missk on the find

NP, bring it over I'll have popcorn ready
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

S/O @missk on the find

Nobody's got a perfect catalogue, John Q was wack and corny and got ? reviews to boot.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw a walk among the tombstone s...? was stupid. The tried to make it like a silence of the lambs thriller but failed
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

S/O @missk on the find

Nobody's got a perfect catalogue, John Q was wack and corny and got ? reviews to boot.

O OK don't really care about re views ...I enjoyed John Q just my opinion
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Just saw a walk among the tombstone s...? was stupid. The tried to make it like a silence of the lambs thriller but failed

Damn really .looked like it was gonna be good
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John Q was wack?

? your ? ? self
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

i liked it
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    John Q was wack?

? your ? ? self

Yes, it was corny and predictable and it's outstanding 28% RT score says that the majority of people agree with me. Sorry you love bad-average movies, maybe take your Denzel shades off when you watch his movies.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Robocop, the new one - Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be

True Romance - Great movie. That craKKKa Tarantino sure does love the N word doesn't he

Watched Wolf Of Wall street again on Netflix. Liked even more than the first time. 3 hours of pure entertainment

One day Leo

leo-dicaprio-oscar-mcconaughey.gif
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

True Romance - Great movie. That craKKKa Tarantino sure does love the N word doesn't he

"CraKKKas" invented that word.

Cold. Hard. Bitter. Truth.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Americans season 2. Great stuff. Not enough Claudia, but damn the centre is ruthless. Honey traps and kid-kgb's. Wish they wouldve did more with Larrick.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man keep being told to check out them hunger games movies.. I wanna check em out.. but just got a feeling it aint a black face in none of them flicks.. I could be wrong never read the books or anything
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Americans season 2. Great stuff. Not enough Claudia, but damn the centre is ruthless. Honey traps and kid-kgb's. Wish they wouldve did more with Larrick.

The Americans is my ? . Season 2 was GOAT

1237811519_chuck-norris-approves.gif
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tusk-Blu-ray-Art.jpg
    Watched this ? ? over the weekend while high as ? .....think Human Centipede meets Misery

watching it now, its weird af
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    man keep being told to check out them hunger games movies.. I wanna check em out.. but just got a feeling it aint a black face in none of them flicks.. I could be wrong never read the books or anything
    I read the first book and saw the first movie...both were super 'meh'
    you're not missing anything imo with or without black people
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Dead Pool - starring Clint Eastwood in his final role as '? ' Harry Callahan with his heavy calibre Magnum blasting the bad guys. Released in the summer of '88 it featured a little known Liam Neeson and Jim Carrey.. .

Our Idiot Brother - starring Paul Rudd and Elizabeth Banks. Rudd plays the 'loser' sibling of three chicks who bump into their lives after a stint in jail for selling weed to a cop. Hilarious in most parts.

Let's Be Cops - ? hilarious and as a team/buddy movie way better than the over hyped The Interview

The Road - Post apocalyptic story set in America in which a man and his son have to survive starvation, terrible weather and cannibals to stay alive. Starring Viggo Mortenson and Charlize Theron it is a very emotional and bleak picture and makes you reflect on life and survival. Incredible production design to show destruction on a massive scale to nature

Night Train To Lisbon - Independent film starring Jeremy Irons who stumbles on a book about a revolutionary Portuguese medical practitioner in 1960's - 70s Portugal and travels there to learn more

• marc123
    Options
    Lets be cops was funny, but better than The Interview? Nah ?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    11164167_pro.jpg

The biopic for Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski (played by Michael Shannon).

Movie is pretty good, it gives you a bit of backstory on his life but doesn't go into any real detail. What it does is explains Kuklinski's position as a hitman for a local Gambino mob associate DeMeo (Ray Liotta). You see his initiation and ultimately his downfall but of course that's what the movie is about.

The real meat of the film is about Kuklinski's home life and his relationship with his wife, his brother and his daughters. Without giving too much away for those who haven't seen it, you also see how his family led to his one big mistake that almost cost him everything and ultimately ended up with him in prison until his death in 2006.

If I had to grade..B+
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Lets be cops was funny, but better than The Interview? Nah ?

The interview is ass

Hot ? cakes
  • JusDre313
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    11164167_pro.jpg

The biopic for Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski (played by Michael Shannon).

Movie is pretty good, it gives you a bit of backstory on his life but doesn't go into any real detail. What it does is explains Kuklinski's position as a hitman for a local Gambino mob associate DeMeo (Ray Liotta). You see his initiation and ultimately his downfall but of course that's what the movie is about.

The real meat of the film is about Kuklinski's home life and his relationship with his wife, his brother and his daughters. Without giving too much away for those who haven't seen it, you also see how his family led to his one big mistake that almost cost him everything and ultimately ended up with him in prison until his death in 2006.

If I had to grade..B+

the deal with this one is.. you got to see the Iceman documentary first ... THEN the movie...if you watched the doc first.. it makes you appreciate Michael Shannon's performance ever more.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's Screener Season ? !!!!! alll the new movies out American Sniper is getting watched tonight
  • JusDre313
    Options
    It's Screener Season ? !!!!! alll the new movies out American Sniper is getting watched tonight

no ? that's out??? will be copping once im off work!
  • marc123
    Options
    DVDrip of Selma is out too!