Are brothers getting tired of weaves?

Options
Muhannad
Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
Recently, on and offline, I've noticed that brothers seem to be getting tired of weaves. I see guys going off on weaves and the perceived attitude and insecurities that come along with it. I've seen dudes go off at females with weave on platforms like youtube with the type of venom that makes me scratch my head.
All in all, it seems that brothers with options don't wanna deal with that weave sh*t on a longterm basis. Some of the women even anticipated on this trend by 'going natural' or rocking a baldy a la Amber Rose.

There seems to be a backlash against weave. It seems like everyone has a problem with it because of varying reasons. So called pro-black dudes might feel females getting weaves is a sign of selfhate. They also seem to have a problem with all the money that's being spent at other non-black communities since they run that weave trade internationally. I've noticed that regular dudes have practical objections to weave like the cost, the practicality, the smell after a few days (these chicks don't wash their weaves), the females not wanting to do anything because of that (I can't go outside when it rains, can't workout or do anything that make me sweat etc.). Then you got dudes who feel like they might as well get the 'original' instead of dealing with the artificial.

In almost every race/ ethnicity, men get to dictate how women should look. Northern European men like their women slim and with big brests, so their women generally conform to it. Asian men like their women docile and sweet, so their women generally conform to that. Afghan men like their women covered from head to toe, so their women conform to that. Not too long ago American black men weren't able to impose their tastes to 'their' women. They got shamed out of stating their preferences. It seems like American black men are trying to assume that role of a man now.
What y'all think? Are brothers getting tired of weaves?

Are brothers getting tired of weaves? 65 votes

No, it's their hair and their money. Besides, men shouldn't have any say in how women present themselves anyway.....
0%
Yes, I rather not deal with females that wear weaves on a consistent basis because they often deal with selfhate issues/ it stinks/ it's too expensive etc., etc.....
60%
OhMarsgnsB_Adwade206CincoleftcoastkevzombiewhatevathehellJusDre313nillerthekidsr_the_freshmanvagrant-718jmolPILL_COSBYKINGECKwan DaifranknittiSo ILLThe Lonious MonkSwiffness! 39 votes
Neutral, I don't care either way. It's a non-issue to me.....
40%
[Deleted User]soul rattlerthe ghostbigduece69nex ginCapitalBMr.LVlamontbdcBussy_Getta goldenjaTheBoyRonumbaz...80's babyBilly_PonchoYoung GunnerAristo_V300CashmoneyDux32DaysOfInfinitiTrillfatemanofmorehouseTonyDubbz 26 votes

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as long as your ? tight i'm cool...don't make me no difference...I'm not ? her hair.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao this is the most stupidest, anti-women, and ill-informed thread ever
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Tyga - Ayo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50jzKk6V070

You got 'urban' artists releasing joints like these nowadays. 15 years ago this would be career suicide.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Noir wrote: »
    Lmao this is the most stupidest, anti-women, and ill-informed thread ever
    Thnx for the feedback. How was it anti-women though?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i prefer it to LOOK natural whether it actually is or not... idgaf tho
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I rather not deal with females that wear weaves on a consistent basis because they often deal with selfhate issues/ it stinks/ it's too expensive etc., etc.....
    cant stand that ? ....
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never cuffed a chic that wore weave
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never dealt with a woman who wore weave.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who cares, why bother?
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we do know black ? aint the only ? rockin weaves right??
    i mean i didnt read OP.. jus hopin we are all acknowledging the fact..

? EXCELLENCE we all know why, dont you ?

jewish women rock weaves at the place of the veil due to their traditions. nevertheless it about BLACK WOMEN and black women rock weaves cause they deem their hair not NICE SEXY ETC....

if not why we do not see them weaveless MOST OF THEIR TIME and when THEY WANT TO DISPLAY THEIR BEST LOOK?

• goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm more concerned about a woman's character. As long as she's happy.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I havent dated a female that wears weave since 2012, but ill ? them though
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your hair didn't just magically grow 10 inches overnight, ? . As long as its not "too much", I don't totally hate weave. But I prefer when a woman wears her own hair.
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For all intents and purposes, it is black women who wear weave. To deflect it by saying other races wear it is laughable. Visit any elementary school and you will for sure see little black pre-school girls with that stuff attached to their heads for months. What other race embraces weave like that?
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes she sewed up, sometimes she natural, don't matter to me her hair still gettin pulled. Self hate issues? ? over analyze everything.