i knew this was gonna get posted soon lol
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "The only white rapper that's allowed to say the N-word" - Childish Gambino
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So charlamagne is in charge of who is black or not? Dudes need to stop deciding so and so is not black. Black is not one mind, one brain. Kkk kills us all equally. Tired of this divide and conquer ? . So if you not tooting guns or selling drugs you ain't black? ? kinda mindstate is that?

Gambino is a clown.
    giphy.gif?w=320

• bkzlostchild
    bkzlostchild Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? charlamagne is white himself.. Look at his skin color
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    So charlamagne is in charge of who is black or not? Dudes need to stop deciding so and so is not black. Black is not one mind, one brain. Kkk kills us all equally. Tired of this divide and conquer ? . So if you not tooting guns or selling drugs you ain't black? ? kinda mindstate is that?

SMMFH, got dayum watch the video fam. He said that if white people were trying to take Hip-Hop from us they'd have done so a loooong time ago b/c all the music execs ARE white. He said it's hard to be racist when you're son has a Snoop Dogg poster in his room and is a fan.

1) I don't have to watch ? . If that title is not what he said then change the title.

2) bolded is stupid and shows ignorance. Whites did take over hiphop, one they got a got in the game they eliminated black militant voices and promoted criminality and self hated. And racist ppl can love snoop too. Just cause they find snoop humorous don't mean they not racist. ? that gotta do with anything? Its not hard to be racist and like jordan, snoop, etc. Wtf? ? and amos and andy were popular among kkk.

If you tell me hard to be racist if you read and love cornel west or michael Eric dyson or Chuck d, then I'd agree with you. But snoop? Gtfoh.
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never heard a gambino track till last week here on the IC

Dude is talented.

Kinda like drake in ways but better imo
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    I can't listen to a ? talking about black ? , but bleaches his skin....
    That's like listening to a ? with no ? , talking about ? .

That ? look extra light too my ? , that screen shot don't even look natural before you play the video. He look like a 2k character at the GM house or where ever them ? be in the cutaway videos... Look at this ? hands vs his ? complexion yo. ? has waged war with his blackness. Then angela yee ? ass(smash) put him on blast all on youtube, he can't talk that black ? no more. How the ? you do that. Fredro shoulda snuffed him. I don't even know who childish gambino is, but i'm on his side. ? Charlamagne, Gucci had that ? shook. Lil beige ? ass ? /rant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BuJGjrtYns

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charlemagne is a ?
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all writing novels back and forth....he said homies was musty......that's not a good look I don't care how talented you are
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Childish Gambino talks more about black issues then most rappers.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. The grammies have no credibility and have consistently ? up with noms and winners. But since we're on this train of white artists "always winning the grammy" in our culture here's some facts: since 2014 for the 9 years prior a black artist has won a grammy for best rap song (Kanye West, Jay-Z dominating). Since 1996 for best rap album, Eminem won 5 and black artists winning 13 (most of them between Kanye West and Outkast, 1 for the Fugees and where else). Best Rap Performance has only been active for 5 years (it was discontinued then brought back) and Macklemore was the first white artist to ever win a grammy for Best Rap Performance. Soooo what are we so scared of again ? It's fair to say that perhaps Charlamange has a point about our fears. Besides that you have to admit, the competition for music in 2014 was weak point blank.

You're talking about best RAP album. Black artists should be winning awards for best album period.

How many times in the past 10-20 years has a black artist won for best album? I'm not talking about best R&B or best Rap. I'm talking about the best album of the year.

Seriously, Black people make outstanding music. If you were to objectively make a list of the best albums of any genre in the past 50 years (Jazz, Reggae, Soul, Rap, R&B, Rock, Country, Blues, etc.), the majority of them would be by black artists. Not saying that White people are incapable of making good music, but Black people excel at creating new styles and genres of music. I'm still waiting for white people to create a new style.

The Grammys are just a popularity contest anyway. Its a way of brainwashing people into thinking that certain types of music is popular and/or superior when history reflect something totally different.

Bob Marley never won a grammy
    Jimi Hendrix never won a grammy
    Run DMC never won a grammy
    Diana Ross never won a grammy

CHUCK BERRY never won a grammy and he is the father of Rock N Roll

2Pac and Biggie never won Grammys

As you can see, if you use Grammy awards as a yardstick to measure the quality of an an artist's music you'd miss out on a lot of good music.

But a lot of great rock bands never won Grammys either like Led Zepplin so take it all with a grain of salt.

• SheerExcellence
    Options
    @sion if someone saying so and so ain't black, I don't need to watch the video, sry. If that is not what he said then title should be changed. I don't have time to watch all these idiots videos. Titles and posts are supposed to give a summary, if the title is not accurate then tell vlad to stop shock titling ?

As for the remainder of my comments....racists can still like snoop, esp since he basically does nothing but bolster outlandish, clownish stereotypes...for Charlemagne to use that as justification for racism not existing is stupid.

I have nothing to say on other things he may have said. The two things I pointed out reek of stupidity though. Sorry if that upsets you but go to your grandparents and tell them racism dont exist no more because white like snoop dogg and see what they tell you.

I'm done this discussion.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He made a few points but I disagree with him for the most part. He ain't dumb. He knows exactly what he's doing and what he's saying. He's making statements like this to show the people who cut the checks which side he's on. He wanna be that dude that white and other non black hip hop fans can point to and say "he's one of the good ones, he gets it." N*ggas like that legitimize their presence in this genre. He uses his platform to preach this all inclusive "hip hop has no colour", "hip hop brings races together" etc. gospel that these people love to hear. This is a hustle. Steve Stoute kinda did the same thing in "the tanning of America".

This n*gga's hustling and I can't even be mad at him. He's doing the same thing in that podcast with that Jew boy....
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

SMMFH, got dayum watch the video fam. He said that if white people were trying to take Hip-Hop from us they'd have done so a loooong time ago b/c all the music execs ARE white. He said it's hard to be racist when you're son has a Snoop Dogg poster in his room and is a fan.

Its not hard to be racist and like jordan, snoop, etc. Wtf? ? and amos and andy were popular among kkk.

reminds me of do the right thing. the most racist white boy in the movie was a magic johnson, eddie murphy and prince fan. "they black but they not really black, they more than black" smh
  • Muhannad
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Why is Charlamagne playing dumb?

He knows d@mn well n*ggas ain't 'scared' white rappers are taking this genre over because the white rappers are better at rappin'. They are speaking out because they're seeing history repeating itself right under their noses. The industry white washing genres ain't nothing new. Their whole culture is based on them incorporating cultural aspects from other races, altering it to make it more palatable to them and claim it as their own...

This whitewashing has happened to every genre blacks have birthed. The 'fear' is warranted. Rock & Roll > Elvis, Buddy Holly etc. Rolling Stones was more a cover band than anything else. They bit/ stole entire songs from black artists, bit routines on stage which ? Jagger admitted in that doc on James Brown that came out recently. They and these other British acts from that era bit swag from black artists who came over to Europe to make money and escape racism in that segregated US. They can still sell oput tours worldwide while the black artists that they bit from died broke.
    Blues been whitewashed... Jazz, same thing... House music was started by black homosexuals from the midwest after disco fell off. Now we got EDM... R & B is getting whitewashed too because these black artists are either making crossover techno/ EDM joints, are wannabe rappers or producers/ ghostwriters turned subpar singers while your Robin Thicke's, Justin Timberlake's, Justin Bieber's b*tch a*s, Adele's and Ed Sheeran's are doing what black artists have done better before them. These white artists doing their version of R & B be getting get all the accolades though.

Charlamagne was wrong on "white execs could have taken over hip hop already if they wanted". No matter how they pushed certain artists, they still needed that 'black' cosign in this black dominated genre. These execs couldn't just put their plants out there without black credible artists legitimizing them. That white fanbase wouldn't accept theit plants. Now, the tide has turned and these white acts don't need a black artist to cosign them anymore. That's why Macklemore blowing a few years ago had real headz scratching their heads. That's why that dopefiend rapper Yellawolf was mouthing off to Lord Jamar. They don't need blacks to legitimize them any more like they did back in the day.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    @sion if someone saying so and so ain't black, I don't need to watch the video, sry. If that is not what he said then title should be changed. I don't have time to watch all these idiots videos. Titles and posts are supposed to give a summary, if the title is not accurate then tell vlad to stop shock titling ?

As for the remainder of my comments....racists can still like snoop, esp since he basically does nothing but bolster outlandish, clownish stereotypes...for Charlemagne to use that as justification for racism not existing is stupid.

I have nothing to say on other things he may have said. The two things I pointed out reek of stupidity though. Sorry if that upsets you but go to your grandparents and tell them racism dont exist no more because white like snoop dogg and see what they tell you.

Vlad's titles can be misleading. You can't take his titles for face value.

Eventhough I disagreed with @Sion on this one he was right on one thing. How you gonna form a opinion on something you haven't seen? That's like me writing a review on a movie I haven't watched.
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    Muhannad wrote: »

Vlad's titles can be misleading. You can't take his titles for face value.

Eventhough I disagreed with @Sion on this one he was right on one thing. How you gonna form a opinion on something you haven't seen? That's like me writing a review on a movie I haven't watched.

I agreed with what you said so im not going to sit here an insult you, but we make snap judgements all the time. Its called life.

Besides I used to watch breakfast club and his vlad videos everyday at work, so it's not like I dint have an idea of ? he says.

Lastly sion transcribed a bunch of what he said and I don't agree with a lot of it. If I see a taylor swift on vlad video and the caption says "taylor says ? ain't even worthy to wash her funky ass" I don't have to watch it to speak on it.

If david duke wrote a book and the big quote was "blacks are dumber than monkeys" I don't need to read the book to speak on it

Some statements are so outlandish and ridiculous that they can be critiqued on their own merit. Saying a blsck man isn't black is one of those for me.

Lastly, sion says Charlemagne then goes on to say we need to respect jt and so on. And sorry I don't need to watch that ? . As you said all these elvis, rolling stones, beatles, still our culture and become super famous and popular....they even admit to it and charlamagne out here caping for them?

Whites are aren't taking over hip hop? While iggy, Mackelemore, etc are getting mad pub and press. By imitating us? I'm sorry fam. I don't need to hear this ? talk.

I'm out here working trying to help build confidence in black youth and donate my time to helping my community in addition to my day job. I chose who and what I want to watch and I choose not to give vlad or charlmagne any clicks.

If that upsets anyone feel free to skip my comments, but don't bother telling me what I need to be doing.