Comments

• Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can i get a link. Pleaseeeeeeeeee
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, , iont give a ? about numbers, but I pray this ? go number 1. He deserves it with this masterpiece. im in my warehouse bangin it now.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody figure out what the Seasonal interludes refer to?

Maybe the seasons of life? Spring being birth and winter being death? Also, has anybody played this thing backwards? Makes just as much sense as listening to it going forward.

And Terrace Martin is a g.damn beast on the sax at the end of Body of Work. Makes me wanna dust my sax off and get my Charlie Parker going too.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Anybody figure out what the Seasonal interludes refer to?

Maybe the seasons of life? Spring being birth and winter being death? Also, has anybody played this thing backwards? Makes just as much sense as listening to it going forward.

And Terrace Martin is a g.damn beast on the sax at the end of Body of Work. Makes me wanna dust my sax off and get my Charlie Parker going too.

They Resurrect Over You

..then comes "Spring"

The season of "rebirth" as the next track

If you subscribe to the theory that this album is essentially a retelling of the story of Christ then that makes a whole helluva lot of sense

I mean think about it ...look at all of the correlations and the song titles

"The adoration of magi"
    "Madonna"
    "They resurrect over you"
    "Deliver...ence"
    "Mural"
    "Prisoner 1 & 2" (the two prisoners next Jesus during his crucifixion?"

? deep
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man imma just wait until Tuesday and get my ? lol...I heard Mural though. That ? is crazy!
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone send that link pleaseeeeeee
  • verbal juke
    verbal juke Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sonically this ? is amazing. Lupe lyrically is on his sh*t... Dope ass album.

This ? bumped while working out, thumped in the whip and now I'm breaking it down in the crib.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe back! Top 5 ? your list is the movement!

We see through the ?

tumblr_m6ba5sBu0S1qze5gko1_500.gif
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im feeling left out
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    Nah, Was going to wait until tuesday but I guess ill check it out tomorrow
  • Like Water
    Options
    After multiple listens, there may be a possibility that Body of Work and Madonna could refer to Michael Young's mother. I don't know man. I'm winging it at this point. I do know people were saying there are parts of The Cool's story on here though.

This whole album is like one big double/triple entendre. Smh...
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    So he did continue the cool story on here. Good, Ill listen later before the playoff games start
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "But life's a 1 on 1 and ur caught up in the Jam"

I ? love this song! And Guy killed tha hook!
  • Like Water
    Options
    So he did continue the cool story on here. Good, Ill listen later before the playoff games start

In one form or another. I haven't deciphered it yet. But if you do play this in reverse order, then you have three songs that are directly linked. No Scratches=tumultuous relationship.

Little Death=the French refer to orgasms as 'little deaths'. Make up sex in the midst of a breakup?

And Body of Work=which I really feel like is pregnancy. Especially considering the chorus, "Anatomy gonna be the death of me..." and how women used to die during pregnancy. And the bridge: "Closet full of bones, just don't try to put em back together... I'll just bite my tongue and wear it like the scarlet letter."

Bones=The Cool. If you take all this into account, this could be referencing Michael's parents, and how he was doomed before he even arrived. Born to an unhappy mother and a father that never had the intention of being there.

mind_blown.gif
  • LurkdogAchilles
    LurkdogAchilles Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 weeks ago i was already more excited for an album drop as i've ever been
    after reading all these comments I CANT WAIT TIL TUESDAY!!!

i'm also feeling left out cuz i haven't heard it yet but i'm sure it'll be worth the wait
    been bumping all my favorite super lupe ?
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What does Tetsu and Youth imply? Never understood the album name, all I know is it somehow reference a anime.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn im listening to this on my Pill, seems like he finally got it right with the production, if this ? came out after The Cool Lupe would be in a much better place.
    It doesnt drags like F&L II does thats quite good.
    Coming into this album with low expectations and got quite satisfied, i dont give a ? about Lupe's twitter beefs and ? , as long as he raps like this and delivers this type of sound he can talk ? for years.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He said there was no meaning behind the Tetsuo part
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    And Im positive the direction of this album changed once he couldn't get a release date. Cause he mentioned the "Drizzy's Law" "? " with Chris Brown, a Krit & Ross feature and mad other tracks that he dropped.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Mentioned about a year ago* ? mobile
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    What does Tetsu and Youth imply? Never understood the album name, all I know is it somehow reference a anime.

Its got something to do with the Akira movie, Tetsuo is a character thats young and dumb thats pretty much a nobody 'till he gets power, then he ? it all up.
  • xiceman191
    xiceman191 Members Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Lupe went straight fire on an 8 minute track without cursing. I didn't even notice that he didn't curse once on Mural unless I missed one.

Edit: I missed one
  • daboyag1
    daboyag1 Members, Writer Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So what happens to all of those other songs Lupe dropped, "Next To It", "Mission", etc?