Kevin Hart At The Breakfast Club

Options
2»

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    When you see Rock, Chappelle,etc perform they are thought provoking. With Hart I feel like he is getting to the point where he is almost minstrel. He better be careful with that physical comedy and loud ? . Make the audience think and laugh. He lacks that thinking part of his act imo.

But like he said, he not tryin to be them. And its funny that chapelle now gets the 'thinking man's' comedian tag when in comparison, and at his height, he was nowhere near a thinking guy and he's not in rock's league in that regard

But thats why they say the winners write the history. I mean....you call Kevin Hart a minstrel have you watched Chapelle show layely? He quit bc he felt he was becoming a minstrel

And b4 anyone tries, i OVERSTAND Chapelle's intellect. But at the end of the day this is comedy. Yall dudes stay tryin intellectualize and sophisticate the ? . I guess Martin was doin buffonery on his show too, huh...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2015
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    When you see Rock, Chappelle,etc perform they are thought provoking. With Hart I feel like he is getting to the point where he is almost minstrel. He better be careful with that physical comedy and loud ? . Make the audience think and laugh. He lacks that thinking part of his act imo.

But like he said, he not tryin to be them. And its funny that chapelle now gets the 'thinking man's' comedian tag when in comparison, and at his height, he was nowhere near a thinking guy and he's not in rock's league in that regard

But thats why they say the winners write the history. I mean....you call Kevin Hart a minstrel have you watched Chapelle show layely? He quit bc he felt he was becoming a minstrel

And b4 anyone tries, i OVERSTAND Chapelle's intellect. But at the end of the day this is comedy. Yall dudes stay tryin intellectualize and sophisticate the ? . I guess Martin was doin buffonery on his show too, huh...

I've actually heard quite a few people ? on that show for Martin dressing up as his mom and Shenneneh on that show. I don't agree with them, but there's people who don't like the show for that reason and consider it cooning
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol Chappelle has always been a thinking man's comedian. I've been following dude way before the Chappelle Show. Even the Chappelle Show had social awareness with skits like The Racial Draft, Black white supremacist, racial music stereotypes,etc. It wasn't just the Lil Jon ? . He forced us to look at how we look at each other from different racial perspectives.

Killing me softly his stand up special also tapped into to race, sexual objectification of women,etc.
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall bet not start hatin on Chappelle.

Comedic genius

Todd+Jacobson+mahogany.JPG

He was always socially aware no matter how suttle.

A sketch like "Calvin gets a Job" has social undertones when you really look at it. Chappelle Show is the greatest tv sketch show ever made.

• S2J
    Options
    BoogaSuga wrote: »
    Yall bet not start hatin on Chappelle.

Comedic genius

Todd+Jacobson+mahogany.JPG

He was always socially aware no matter how suttle.

A sketch like "Calvin gets a Job" has social undertones when you really look at it. Chappelle Show is the greatest tv sketch show ever made.

Sigh. I spoke a lil about this in the boondocks thread

Its after the fact that people over-analyze an art form like comedy and make it a science.

Chapelle's main goal was to be funny. Period. Then after the fact, yes, its poignant and telling, but It really doesnt take a lot of intellect to make a Calvin gets a job', or race draft, or pixies, etc. Its just some REALLY funny observations of life, not some super genious social commentary. I'd give that to Rock and some other old heads, not Chapelle

AMD HE DOESNT HAVE TO BE THAT TO BE ELITE LEVEL FUNNY

Stop over-intellectualizing comedy!

• S2J
    Options
    'Yo did you see race draft?, Chapelle was a politcal activist, b'
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

not all comedians want to be thought provoking... he even said in this interview he's not that guy...
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Son, "Toilet Pioneer" sketch...

CHAPPELLE_02_0213_TOILET_640x360.jpg?

"Everyone's ? is brown, except for the clay ones, and of course the spinach green. Now no matter the hue of your poo, it will undoubtedly stink."

...that ? deep son
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's funny how goof ? in here, want a COMEDIAN to be THOUGHT PROVOKING.
    But when u bring up the concept, of a rapper being THOUGHT PROVOKING, they make it appear irrelevent .
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Watched him on SNL last night. Homie gotta do better. Different story, same delivery. His new routine is "Let Me Explain: I live in Hollywood Now".

what I seen he was funny..

The only consistently funny skit was the Chocolate Drop skit. James Brown skit was funny but went on too long. I was high as ? and struggled to laugh.

You thought so? I thought that Chocolate Drop sketch was cringe worthy. I did turn it off halfway though.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I kinda see what he was saying about his Instagram/Twitter but ? if you in the movie it's in your best interest for it to do well. So why wouldn't you do something as simple as post a picture with the caption "Go see this.....in theaters on blank".
    ? think he really he went and got a marketing degree.

But he bout his money, cannot hate on that. S/N I don't think them ? was joking on that last interview. Naim and Spank looked serious as hell.
  • S2J
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I kinda see what he was saying about his Instagram/Twitter but ? if you in the movie it's in your best interest for it to do well. So why wouldn't you do something as simple as post a picture with the caption "Go see this.....in theaters on blank".

But he bout his money, cannot hate on that. S/N I don't think them ? was joking on that last interview. Naim and Spank looked serious as hell.

"To the victor goes the spoils"

If Bradd Pitt said it, we'd think nothing of it.

Part of being elite is driving a hard bargain just becauase you can. Mariah Carey for example does diva ? and its just accepted bc...she can

Anoyer example is Kanye wanting to be paid for magazine covers. He was right! There are things in entertainment that for 98% of celebs its benefical to them as a person, then there is the 2% that the celeb is so big that themd oin ? is actually more helpful to the company.

We live in a society where celebs can get paid thousands to have their name on a flyer and/or literally WALK THRU a club for 10 mintues. Companies pay millions for ad space on websites. Youtube pays celebs and regular folk for hits, etc.

Kev may be ahead of the curve on this. Kev is smart not letting them take the internet for granted just bc tweeting can be done quicker and easier
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just saw the one with him on the block in Brooklyn... that was actually funny especially the end.. "so you shot him in front of the bytches?"

lol
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i read all that in a goofy bitter ? voice...

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

i read all that in a goofy bitter ? voice...

Coo
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He does laugh at me comedy

Not with me like the greats.