A Chinese Construction Company Just 3D Printed A 3-Story Mansion

Options

Comments

• CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea in the very near future they will be able to 3-d print missing/replacement organs

went some seminar where they were talking about it
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    hold up let me get this right....are we saying that this apartment building and mansion came out of a big ass ? printer?

Yep
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    hold up let me get this right....are we saying that this apartment building and mansion came out of a big ass ? printer?

Printer/machine/robot
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Just imagine the housing that can be built for the needy when this technology becomes cost effective.

And the amount of people who are soon going to be without jobs because a machine can do it for far less and at near perfect quality. No more pensions, no more lawsuits, no more wages, etc.........

Sad but true. I've been pumped about the potential applications for this type of tech for over a decade now. As a tech junkie it's dope to see some of those ideas finally coming to fruition, but the obvious downside is that it will eliminate the need for a lot of blue collar jobs. I hope people are paying attention and preparing for the inevitable future.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Technology has its downsides but the more advanced it gets the more faster and efficient basic things get done. Back before there was any technology and we were spending all day hunting for food, preparing for oncoming seasons/weather conditions, threats, etc, we didn't have time to research n study things that have expanded the human mind and experience.

Now we have grocery stores so we don't have to hunt, u just need people for mass delivery and its there for your choosing. Instead of making weapons and hunting we pull up to the store and throw the ? in a bag then head back home and cook it in the oven rather than open pit fire and it only took an hour at the most. People hunt for hobby and leisure time now instead of purely for survival.

And with all that extra time we can dedicate it to new research and advancement and learn things we otherwise would never know at faster rates than ever. ? can write fictional literature and record music and study the stars. There's a lot more to feed the mind.

But I will agree that too much of it takes u farther away from your essence so its pretty much up to the individual to keep a healthy balance. A lot of these tech moguls limit their children's phone/internet/tablet/gadget usage bc they know first hand the negative impacts.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    Technology has its downsides but the more advanced it gets the more faster and efficient basic things get done. Back before there was any technology and we were spending all day hunting for food, preparing for oncoming seasons/weather conditions, threats, etc, we didn't have time to research n study things that have expanded the human mind and experience.

Now we have grocery stores so we don't have to hunt, u just need people for mass delivery and its there for your choosing. Instead of making weapons and hunting we pull up to the store and throw the ? in a bag then head back home and cook it in the oven rather than open pit fire and it only took an hour at the most. People hunt for hobby and leisure time now instead of purely for survival.

And with all that extra time we can dedicate it to new research and advancement and learn things we otherwise would never know at faster rates than ever. ? can write fictional literature and record music and study the stars. There's a lot more to feed the mind.

But I will agree that too much of it takes u farther away from your essence so its pretty much up to the individual to keep a healthy balance. A lot of these tech moguls limit their children's phone/internet/tablet/gadget usage bc they know first hand the negative impacts.

Very well put
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just imagine the housing that can be built for the needy when this technology becomes cost effective.

And the amount of people who are soon going to be without jobs because a machine can do it for far less and at near perfect quality. No more pensions, no more lawsuits, no more wages, etc.........

Welp when the manufacturing and construction industries completely eliminate workers and they all end up homeless maybe they'll have some cheap efficiently made shelters for them to stay in?
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Yeah, go live in that ? if you want to.

it cant be any worse than the ticky-tacky houses they throw up in like a month..

tumblr_mxgoluepO31qdlh1io1_250.gif
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know how safe I'd feel in a thunderstorm or heavy snow though. Damn sure not eating that though hell naaah
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You still need a nugga to design it when printing extravagant ? like that. So, on flip side it might increase jobs for 3d designers and draftsmen.

I aint all that surprised one of my homeys told me one of them white boys in his class use 3d printer to build custom AK-47s and ? complete with all the functionality and you gotta actually put it together. Said the purpose is for modeling. Though you could actually use some of the guns he printed they obviously break easily. So yea these buildings certainly wouldn't be fit to move in and fully furnish and all that. Still GOAT
  • Stiff
    Options
    Huhm_bruh wrote: »
    You still need a nugga to design it when printing extravagant ? like that. So, on flip side it might increase jobs for 3d designers and draftsmen.

I aint all that surprised one of my homeys told me one of them white boys in his class use 3d printer to build custom AK-47s and ? complete with all the functionality and you gotta actually put it together. Said the purpose is for modeling. Though you could actually use some of the guns he printed they obviously break easily. So yea these buildings certainly wouldn't be fit to move in and fully furnish and all that. Still GOAT

I'm sure they're still working out the kinks because the technology is still relatively new. In time the results will probably be more reliable to where a house can hold up pretty safe.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options

Nah brah. They working on that too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le46ERPMlWU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWsMdN7HMuA
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We're already seeing a shift away from those jobs though
    people should be training for service jobs, not manufacturing
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Huhm_bruh wrote: »

I'm sure they're still working out the kinks because the technology is still relatively new. In time the results will probably be more reliable to where a house can hold up pretty safe.
    no doubt just a matter of time im sure
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3d printing in 10-15 years will change the world. Imagine 3d printing a car or organs. I wonder how the criminal underground will use it?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Technological advancements always ? ? careers. Internet is still ? ' the game up, but it also created countless opportunities to the creative, driven and ambitious. Those who became successful then created companies that hire many different types of people.

Instead of thinkin' about the few this will hinder, we should think about the many who it will help.

I'm sure them 3D ? will need maintenance, managers, plumbers and other blue collar workers
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They 3d printed a car at the Detroit auto show and built that ? and drove ill post a link if I find it
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    They 3d printed a car at the Detroit auto show and built that ? and drove ill post a link if I find it

Exclusive pic

ZoUdN71.png
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To be devils advocate at the same time a lot of these "advancements" caused people to in all reality lose all those basic life skills posted above. People become too dependent on the structure with these advances. Like how advanced are we if the avg person doesn't even know how to put clothes on their back, provide shelter and food without purchasing or stealing? If ? was top hit the fan people would be really sol, including myself. Of course there's plenty of great benefits just something I think about sometimes.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »

To be devils advocate at the same time a lot of these "advancements" caused people to in all reality lose all those basic life skills posted above. People become too dependent on the structure with these advances. Like how advanced are we if the avg person doesn't even know how to put clothes on their back, provide shelter and food without purchasing or stealing? If ? was top hit the fan people would be really sol, including myself. Of course there's plenty of great benefits just something I think about sometimes.

That's not entirely true. A lot of people retain those skills through hobby. The internet probably got more people farming these days with in home gardens just for the ? of it. You can learn all types of stuff to become more self sufficient.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just saw a 3d printed car on a magazine yesterday.
  • Stiff
    Options
    I've seen multiple documentaries on 3d printing and read some articles and still don't get how that ? works...

now I know how old ppl must've felt when the internet was unveiled for the first time.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    3D houses
    3D food

Half the U.S. would be out of a job.

it gonna impact the world on a full scale imo
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dayumm its time to think about the nex society