Kanye West's Next Album Will Be Entirely Co-Produced By Paul McCartney

Options

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Paul Mccartney almost ruined Michael Jackson's Thriller Thiller Thiller Thriller!!! (breh) album with that ? The Girl is mine song.

Kanye is screwed

Foh girl is mine dope as ?
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll hold my opinion for now, but I really hope his next album isn't going to be "a la 808s and Heartbreaks". I can't take an entire album of him singing again.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll wait to hear the album before I judge. Did not feel Yeezus outside a couple songs
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    To whoever said that the Beatles music is overall soft.....I would have to agree. I wouldn't consider them the greatest rock band ever...but just the greatest music band/act ever. They wrote beautiful music, ballads, acoustic, hard rock, etc. What they did in the 60's will probably never be matched again. I personally liked the Beatles in their later years ('67-'70) when they started to grow their hair out and the drugs were beginning to take a toll.

As far as hard rock music, I think Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd fight for that spot. Hell, even the Stones and the Who were more edgier and rebellious than the Fab Four.

But as Sion mentioned earlier...I don't think there's much of a difference between a Jon Brion and Paul McCartney. One is much more famous than the other and it gets automatic hate. I think it's a good look. 2 household names from different generations working on music together to see what they can come up with.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The acoustic song is wack...simple,as that
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The funniest thing about the thread is people really acting like they ? with Paul, I bet everyone who saying this ? gonna be classic don't have 1 Paul solo song or beatles on their ipod. I'll check it out because it's ye but it'll def be a download 1st lp
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    the funny thing about claims of "bending the genre" or taking hip hop to "other places" is that the ? is post modern from the jump..
    hip hop is a blending of multiple genres...

So that would make him a Purist in the most absolute sense ... which would make claims of him "selling out" foolish .... correct?

Rap is a blend of all genres. basically rapping over beats from other genres.
    But.......

Was Ye rapping, on his last two songs?
    Or was he struggle singing??
    hence his heavy use of auto tune.
    Aint nothing wrong with singin, I love r&b.but Ye wasn't rapping over acoustics

I love 808s N HB, but it wasnt rap. it was what Ye called pop art, it ended up influencning the rap game n brought a new production sound to rap.
    like 808, What Ye is doing with Paul aint rap, but unlike 808, the ? he doing with Paul is trash. He 0/2

West is a genius, yet not to long ago, dude said his heart ain't into music... I don't care how much of a genius u are. u lose ya passion, ya ? is gonna b trash. Yeezus Case n point.

Kanye is a true artist that covers the full gamut of creativity ... even in incorporating different musical elements there will always be hiphop sensibilities in the approach of his music so what exactly are you trying to articulate with all this text my man?

&

Yeezus is legendary.... It's time for you some of you last Neanderthals to just face facts with that...sorry
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    This album should make you hippy weirdos happy
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »
    The funniest thing about the thread is people really acting like they ? with Paul, I bet everyone who saying this ? gonna be classic don't have 1 Paul solo song or beatles on their ipod. I'll check it out because it's ye but it'll def be a download 1st lp

? , some of us got the beatles on vinyl homie
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Kanye is a smart man, even though i don't ? with 808 and Yeezus. He intentionally switches his music so he doesn't become stale to the listeners ears. That ensures longevity. Don't want to be like TI and Rick Ross making the same album over and over and lose your fanbase 5 albums in.

This is prolly one of the greatest displays of common sense but will go over most people's heads SMMFH. The double edged sword with music tho is that it marks time and people often want to live the past and want their artists to be "new" all over again. It's not even about Kanye anymore. However, I've always believed tho that part of the reason why Kanye gets so much hate is because he's married to Kim Kardashian now and people just don't like that broad so by default they don't like Kanye either.

? . A fallacy I wish people would stop regurgitating.

Stevie Wonder, Bon Jovi, Bruce Spingsteen, Frank Sinatra, Rod Stewart, Dolly Parton, Tony Bennet, Barry Manilow (tha GOAT), Santana, Earth Wind & Fire...the list goes on.

All of the aforementioned artists did not constantly switch up their styles and have(had) very long careers. Of course they all deviated from their normal sound at some point, but it is completely incorrect to say you need to switch up your style to ensure longevity and a dedicated fanbase. Some of the artists mentioned, now sing/perform jazz standards and/or classic records, but they still incorporate their signature style. They may not perform at the same venues that did in their prime (some still do, like Bruce), but they have some of the most loyal fanbases, and they have the type of careers most artists could only dream of.

If you want to defend kanye, go right ahead, but don't do it on those (incorrect) premises.

Gonna disagree with some of those names on that list (Santana, Jovi, Wonder and Sinatra - Quincy Jones helped give Sinatra a new sound and many of those artists took major chances with eclectic collabs which translated into major success for Carlos Santana and others), my thing is why is it a problem for him to have Paul McCartney produce his album tho ? That's why I said earlier that ? wouldn't like it at first. ? are calling Kanye a sell out b/c he's having a former Beatle produce his album, don't see how that's much diff't than having Jon Brion, Bon Iver or Rick Rubin help executive produce your album and handle the musical direction. As if to say he won't still be doing rap music on records. He challenges himself musically, and whether you want to admit it or not if you look at all of his albums none of them sound alike. It helps significantly to up the ante on every album and reach new heights and audiences.

This kinda reminds me of when Jay did MCHG and hood ? weren't ? with it b/c of the art references and diff't things Jay was talking about. Jay's not the same person anymore he can't tell you about cars that might follow and being on the corner and make a whole album and entire persona dedicated to that (AG being an exception b/c it was a concept album). He's acting his age now. Kanye is stepping outside the box musically, before yall cast judgement let's see what they do together first. It may not be the only way to ensure his success but it definitely helps keep his sound fresh. Remember this is the same kid from Chicago that said he wanted to make stadium music, and be the greatest who ever lived. If I'm going for that accolade I'm trying to find people who have done it already and are still doing it.

And nah, I've got to disagree. You say none of his albums sound alike, Kanye's first two were sonically similar. Identical? No. Similar? Yes.

Nah babe ...I gotta disagree with that ...the live 20 piece orchestra implementation from J.Brion gives that album a distinctly different feel sonically than what you get on CD .... even the percussion arrangements on LR are totally evolved in comparison to what he went with on CD... listen to "Roses" or "Diamonds" there's nothing that sounds like those records on CD... That honestly is the main focus the adulation comes from in regards to that record

"Gold Digger" & "Touch The Sky"

Are probably the only two tracks that I would say have a CD feel to them
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Kanye is a smart man, even though i don't ? with 808 and Yeezus. He intentionally switches his music so he doesn't become stale to the listeners ears. That ensures longevity. Don't want to be like TI and Rick Ross making the same album over and over and lose your fanbase 5 albums in.

This is prolly one of the greatest displays of common sense but will go over most people's heads SMMFH. The double edged sword with music tho is that it marks time and people often want to live the past and want their artists to be "new" all over again. It's not even about Kanye anymore. However, I've always believed tho that part of the reason why Kanye gets so much hate is because he's married to Kim Kardashian now and people just don't like that broad so by default they don't like Kanye either.

Stevie Wonder, Bon Jovi, Bruce Spingsteen, Frank Sinatra, Rod Stewart, Dolly Parton, Tony Bennet, Barry Manilow (tha GOAT), Santana, Earth Wind & Fire...the list goes on.

All of the aforementioned artists did not constantly switch up their styles and have(had) very long careers. Of course they all deviated from their normal sound at some point, but it is completely incorrect to say you need to switch up your style to ensure longevity and a dedicated fanbase. Some of the artists mentioned, now sing/perform jazz standards and/or classic records, but they still incorporate their signature style. They may not perform at the same venues that did in their prime (some still do, like Bruce), but they have some of the most loyal fanbases, and they have the type of careers most artists could only dream of.

If you want to defend kanye, go right ahead, but don't do it on those (incorrect) premises.

Gonna disagree with some of those names on that list (Santana, Jovi, Wonder and Sinatra - Quincy Jones helped give Sinatra a new sound and many of those artists took major chances with eclectic collabs which translated into major success for Carlos Santana and others), my thing is why is it a problem for him to have Paul McCartney produce his album tho ? That's why I said earlier that ? wouldn't like it at first. ? are calling Kanye a sell out b/c he's having a former Beatle produce his album, don't see how that's much diff't than having Jon Brion, Bon Iver or Rick Rubin help executive produce your album and handle the musical direction. As if to say he won't still be doing rap music on records. He challenges himself musically, and whether you want to admit it or not if you look at all of his albums none of them sound alike. It helps significantly to up the ante on every album and reach new heights and audiences.

This kinda reminds me of when Jay did MCHG and hood ? weren't ? with it b/c of the art references and diff't things Jay was talking about. Jay's not the same person anymore he can't tell you about cars that might follow and being on the corner and make a whole album and entire persona dedicated to that (AG being an exception b/c it was a concept album). He's acting his age now. Kanye is stepping outside the box musically, before yall cast judgement let's see what they do together first. It may not be the only way to ensure his success but it definitely helps keep his sound fresh. Remember this is the same kid from Chicago that said he wanted to make stadium music, and be the greatest who ever lived. If I'm going for that accolade I'm trying to find people who have done it already and are still doing it.

And nah, I've got to disagree. You say none of his albums sound alike, Kanye's first two were sonically similar. Identical? No. Similar? Yes.

Nah babe ...I gotta disagree with that ...the live 20 piece orchestra implementation from J.Brion gives that album a distinctly different feel sonically than what you get on CD .... even the percussion arrangements on LR are totally evolved in comparison to what he went with on CD... listen to "Roses" or "Diamonds" there's nothing that sounds like those records on CD... That honestly is the main focus the adulation comes from in regards to that record

"Gold Digger" & "Touch The Sky"

Are probably the only two tracks that I would say have a CD feel to them

I see where you're coming from, but Sion's comment was that no two Kanye albums sound the same (I didn't take the comment literally as that would be redundant). His first two are definitely more similar than anything from the rest of his catalog, and I don't think it's a stretch to say many people would agree. My point was that Kanye didn't diverge as strongly until later in his catalog.

But tbh, that wasn't even my focus point, and I know you aren't going to try and make me divert from my original point lol.

I feel what your saying ... I think all sion was trying to articulate with that point was that Kanye attempts to reincarnate his sound with every record ...and while you may have simular characteristics present in each project ..non of them feel interchangeable as they all bring some sort of unique quality that the other may not have ..unlike some of the other "stale" artist he was referring to..and that perception of "staleness" has hurt the relevancy of those artist as time has gone on...PARTICULLARY.. In hiphop where I would say people are more fickle in artist loyalty than any other genre

But I'm out of it now @Bolded .. Lmao ...just wanted to say my piece .. we ain't chopped up music in a minute I had to throw my two cents in there lol
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

They did switch their styles uptho soooooo

If you're going to comment, at least read what I was responding to. This isn't about switching up one's style, this was specifically about implying that you need to, in order to keep a fanbase and ensuring longevity, sooooooo

Sion is right; all the goats in any genre were able to change/evolve/switch it up sooooooooooooooo
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority but I aint tryin to hear those wacc ass chipmunk sounding soul samples on every song

Maybe 1 an album but those college dropout days over.I hope kanyes next album sounds like mbdtf
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ye can do what he wants. Its music, its not like he's grabbing a football player to teach him hope to play pool. At the end of the day it is music and should be viewed as such.

You can hate Ye all you want but that ? draws from everybody. He'll have like 15 people on one song and were like why? Because Kanye succeeds in bringing all of these sounds and ideas together. No he isnt the first to blend different genres; he didnt found anything but he is pretty good at it.

We really don't know how it went about. McCartney could've in fact reached out to Kanye. Its not likely, I doubt it but it is possible. Only gripe is that no one is running to rap to be included in our ? . we have to be the ones to reach out. Its been here long enough to deserve that respect.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he hasnt disappointed me yet so im lookin forward to it
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good move

? will clown but Ye not making music for simpletons anymore. This reminds me of when he linked up with Jon Brion for Late Registration and Graduation, then Mike Dean for MBDTF. Thank ? he got rid of Rubin (no diss). Kanye is trying to go beyond Hip-Hop musically, to do that he has to link up with other genres. Can't blame him, I'd wanna be a lot bigger than a rapper.

This is good look for Rihanna btw, good way to make ppl forget about her thotness and ratchet.

If that track is an idea of what Kanye is going to come wit next album, ? are gonna hate it. I feel that his next album gonna be more acoustics and the party tracks gonna sound more like No Church In The Wild and Power. ? like that. Iuno bout Kanye sometimes, he do surprise. Wish more rappers did collabs like this.

gift and a curse simply cause i like HIP HOP ... bringing in McCarthy imo is going to take the hip hop out of it .... its all music so it will work ... but i just want some boom bap and some ill raps .... if they cant elevate from that without going left ... IM GOOD !!!! dont go love below on us !!!!! lol
  • antarticp
    edited January 2015
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »

i can guarantee you represent the minority lol
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »

i can guarantee you represent the minority lol

shouldn't be, but sadly your right...the greatest band ever and john lennon being one of the most intellectual minds of music...paul is in no way john lennon but he's still done more in the music industry than just about anyone
  • antarticp
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority but I aint tryin to hear those wacc ass chipmunk sounding soul samples on every song

Maybe 1 an album but those college dropout days over.I hope kanyes next album sounds like mbdtf

you sort of hit the bullseye with that one .... its been a minute since kanye hit us with that sort of production altho he did go back some what on that DJ Mustard collab with Big Sean .....
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alotta ppl in here, r actually in love with the idea of Paul n Kanye collaborating, and not the music itself.
    hence, why alotta posters r talking about everything but the songs. So far Musically, imo Ye is 0/2.

Some ? in here are just chasing their tails. they create arguments just to argue them selves.
    This is Kanye, he's the outside the box ass ? , the experimenter. we know that.
    Its not like these songs are certefied bangers. Theyre okay at best.

Also, when artists from other genres, step out their genres, and do something different, they find a middle ground. They just don't forsake their roots...
    Best example, Mike Jackson. From 79 to, 2001 all his albums sounded different, n experimented with numerous genres.
    Yet he Kept it MJ, you can tell its a mj track, whether its was a rap, funk doowoop, country, rock sounding joint.
    That's something Kanye did well throughout his career. The last two songs with paul.not so much... But we'll see.

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn lol

Kanye obscure tweeting ass had me thinking it was his ? . He tweets in riddles and codes lol