Options
    Fourfiveseconds?
    That's how long it took me to realize the song was basura
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Find me a concrete example of 10 artists whose careers span 20 years that NEVER changed their styles up in music and are still around today and are hailed as definitive GOATs..... you won't find one.

good one
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody mentions the beatles when McCartney's name comes up, but he also did big numbers as part of wings
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Kanye is a smart man, even though i don't ? with 808 and Yeezus. He intentionally switches his music so he doesn't become stale to the listeners ears. That ensures longevity. Don't want to be like TI and Rick Ross making the same album over and over and lose your fanbase 5 albums in.

This is prolly one of the greatest displays of common sense but will go over most people's heads SMMFH. The double edged sword with music tho is that it marks time and people often want to live the past and want their artists to be "new" all over again. It's not even about Kanye anymore. However, I've always believed tho that part of the reason why Kanye gets so much hate is because he's married to Kim Kardashian now and people just don't like that broad so by default they don't like Kanye either.

? . A fallacy I wish people would stop regurgitating.

Stevie Wonder, Bon Jovi, Bruce Spingsteen, Frank Sinatra, Rod Stewart, Dolly Parton, Tony Bennet, Barry Manilow (tha GOAT), Santana, Earth Wind & Fire...the list goes on.

All of the aforementioned artists did not constantly switch up their styles and have(had) very long careers. Of course they all deviated from their normal sound at some point, but it is completely incorrect to say you need to switch up your style to ensure longevity and a dedicated fanbase. Some of the artists mentioned, now sing/perform jazz standards and/or classic records, but they still incorporate their signature style. They may not perform at the same venues that did in their prime (some still do, like Bruce), but they have some of the most loyal fanbases, and they have the type of careers most artists could only dream of.

If you want to defend kanye, go right ahead, but don't do it on those (incorrect) premises.

They did switch their styles uptho soooooo

If you're going to comment, at least read what I was responding to. This isn't about switching up one's style, this was specifically about implying that you need to, in order to keep a fanbase and ensuring longevity, sooooooo

Sion is right; all the goats in any genre were able to change/evolve/switch it up sooooooooooooooo

Bruh, just stop, you're embarrassing yourself now by showing you lack basic comprehension skills smh.

no, you embarrassed yourself for writing all that for a incorrect premise sooooooooooooooo
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »
    qawshun wrote: »
    The funniest thing about the thread is people really acting like they ? with Paul, I bet everyone who saying this ? gonna be classic don't have 1 Paul solo song or beatles on their ipod. I'll check it out because it's ye but it'll def be a download 1st lp

? , some of us got the beatles on vinyl homie

i can guarantee you represent the minority lol

Nicca ya'll fronting screen shot ya itunes homie
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    There's a white boy producer killing the charts globally now. Critical acclaim too for his new album that pays homage to funk music of the 80s (post modernism).. .

His name is Mark Ronson and he works most of the time with rappers. (Nas, Mystikal, Ghostface, Rhymefest etc)

He's a Briton like McCartney but judging on the two songs the latter has produced for KanYe so far, I think he's aiming for a folksy record?

No sight of drums on both songs.

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    There's a white boy producer killing the charts globally now. Critical acclaim too for his new album that pays homage to funk music of the 80s (post modernism).. .

His name is Mark Ronson and he works most of the time with rappers. (Nas, Mystikal, Ghostface, Rhymefest etc)

He's a Briton like McCartney but judging on the two songs the latter has produced for KanYe so far, I think he's aiming for a folksy record?

No sight of drums on both songs.

mark Ronson is more 60s to early 70s influenced
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would be dope if ye did something like dangermouse did with the grey album... but he won't...

Also...
    plug plug plug....

http://youtu.be/l7v5Ms3axl8
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First let me say College Dropout is one of my fav albums though I believe Late Registration is sonically superior

Im not even afraid to admit "heartless" and "paranoid" from 808s is two of my fav Kanye tracks of all time along with "all falls down", "gone", "hey momma", etc

With that said kanyes music the last 3 solo albums has been largely trash

I understand that it's natural for an artist to grow and evolve but his attempts to be this great innovator sound forced at least to my ears ... Like he is being different just to be different

Unlike the greatest innovators of our time his music doesn't sound inspired nor has it been inspiring

And to be honest kanyes "growth" has been superficial... his lyrics have always been politically laced/ socially conscious since college dropout ... Yea he's somewhat ramped it up but I dont remember kanyes lyrics ever being as misogynistic they are now which isn't a good thing ... His writing hasn't gotten better either ...Not to mention his music nowadays is largely produced by other mutherfucking people lol

Smh ... Obviously I don't have high hopes for this next album

Again I feel like dude is just doin this to be this contrarian

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First let me say College Dropout is one of my fav albums though I believe Late Registration is sonically superior

Im not even afraid to admit "heartless" and "paranoid" from 808s is two of my fav Kanye tracks of all time along with "all falls down", "gone", "hey momma", etc

Damn you like some ? these songs fuccin suck.
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was his best album tho

But you right about Yeezus & 808s
  • desertrain10
    Options

Bruh

Those songs >>>> anything on yeesus except bound 2

And that was besides the point

I like when ye experiments but good music is good music

Black slave, for ex, was ye experimenting with a new sound but it was ass
  • desertrain10
    edited January 2015
    Options
    BoogaSuga wrote: »

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was his best album tho

But you right about Yeezus & 808s

LR>>>>

That was ye at his best ... He was still the same guy who penned "through the wire" yet his sound had obviously grown ... He hadn't lost his self

Matter of fact ...

? Music > anything on MBDTF

Can't tell me nothing > anything on MBDTF

we major > anything on MBDTF

And I could go on lol
  • willywanker
    willywanker Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye is in the illuminati now, it's all down hill from there.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah.... you going too far

MBDTF is a classic NOW, wait till that ? has the time to age like his first 2.

Definitely ye's best with LR being a close second.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh-boy...-Here-we-go-again-_a54153d7c3172f8d00795a1a52670d2a.gif

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gawd

I knew it was only a matter of time before @desertrain10 player hating ass would make her presence felt ..talking that got damn Susan B Anthony ? ...

good lord ....you taken up a whole damn page with this ? .....check it out "? " ..ain't nobody tryna hear that ? ? ...still talking about records from '05 damn!!!
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Mbdtf is better than LR
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

didn't read! You a ? robocop!
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Dark twisted fantasy is his 3rd best after LR then CD

Edit: 4th best, graduation is better too
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Graduation is his 3rd best . CD Is his 4th best. All classics
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Graduation is his 3rd best . CD Is his 4th best. All classics

#ALLCLASSICS
  • desertrain10
    Options
    Oh-boy...-Here-we-go-again-_a54153d7c3172f8d00795a1a52670d2a.gif

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gawd

I knew it was only a matter of time before @desertrain10 player hating ass would make her presence felt ..talking that got damn Susan B Anthony ? ...

good lord ....you taken up a whole damn page with this ? .....check it out "? " ..ain't nobody tryna hear that ? ? ...still talking about records from '05 damn!!!

@JDSTAYWITIT to the rescue lol

bruh

ye hasn't made any relevant music in forever ....nowadays he's better known for his twitter rants and love for extremely low cut shirts

so excuse me for having to talk about records from '05

• eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^this is exactly why magazines and websites scramble when new music speculated or even released. And talk about records from 05? Graduation and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy have come out since then. You are highly delusional if you say those albums weren't important... I disgress.
  • eternal soldier
    Options
    ^^^^this is exactly why magazines and websites scramble when new music speculated or even released. And talk about records from 05? Graduation and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy have come out since then. You are highly delusional if you say those albums weren't important... I disgress.
  • eternal soldier
    Options
    Digress*

Mobile Edit 2015!