• BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    Options
    Atliens are scared of snooooooow
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Bruh we got 2 feet in Boston last week, 3 in some places and were getting another foot today. I don't know where we're gonna put anymore snow.

image_zpsfbd2tswf.jpg

That's my parents cars I had to go dig out on Wednesday.

Well damn....Welp it ain't all bad I guess...
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    How many inches is that nh

We got mostly slush over here

And yeah atl is some ?

3rd biggest snow storm in Detroit history

? it's snowing now and we just got 30 inches a couple days ago. You'll be alright kid
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westie wrote: »

And yeah atl is some ?

? it's snowing now and we just got 30 inches a couple days ago. You'll be alright kid

Where are you?
  • Westie
    Options

And yeah atl is some ?

Where are you?

Outside of Boston.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah well let it be 96 degrees 3 days in a row up there..y'all will be screaming about a "heat wave" . We call that "summer"
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cause it dont snow in atl
  • Westie
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Yeah well let it be 96 degrees 3 days in a row up there..y'all will be screaming about a "heat wave" . We call that "summer"

We have all the weather here. The storm made me seriously contemplate moving.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It wasn't just snow, it was the roads became covered in black ice. Snow never was the issue.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm in Cali. But I still don't really get what's so funny about Atlantans getting ? up over a little amount of snow.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We have all the weather here. The storm made me seriously contemplate moving.

I personally ain't tryna deal with any kind of frozen precipitation.. so yea when snow fall I want no parts of it!
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I'm in Cali. But I still don't really get what's so funny about Atlantans getting ? up over a little amount of snow.

lol people didnt read into it and think it was just a few inches of snow. Yes, it was a few inches of snow. What happened was, the Governor or Mayor decided to tell the whole city to go home at the same time(around noonish), the traffic around this ? is already nuts so you got a whole 5 million ppl getting on snowy highways at the same time. Hours go by with ppl stuck in traffic and that few inches of snow turned into ice. There was no preparation of the highways before hand so naturally its impossible to fix this ? while everyone is stuck in traffic. Thats how u get a whole city stuck on highways because of "a few inches of snow".
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

*cacs will

But 96 degree weather can be extremely dangerous in densely populated areas like Chicago or NYC
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

lol people didnt read into it and think it was just a few inches of snow. Yes, it was a few inches of snow. What happened was, the Governor or Mayor decided to tell the whole city to go home at the same time(around noonish), the traffic around this ? is already nuts so you got a whole 5 million ppl getting on snowy highways at the same time. Hours go by with ppl stuck in traffic and that few inches of snow turned into ice. There was no preparation of the highways before hand so naturally its impossible to fix this ? while everyone is stuck in traffic. Thats how u get a whole city stuck on highways because of "a few inches of snow".

Na, B. I get it. I grew up in Atlanta so I kept a close eye on the ? . My thing is this: If the city isn't USED to having snow and doesn't have the experience of how to handle it and doesn't have the infrastructure for it...it doesn't matter really. That's like military ? in Iraq coming over to like Houston or some ? and saying 'You ? complaining about a 100 murders a year? HAHAHA. ? we got car bombs, IED's and ? dying 3 per day!'.

If Houston isn't a warzone and isn't used to/prepared for it...then ? is gonna be ? up.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Na, B. I get it. I grew up in Atlanta so I kept a close eye on the ? . My thing is this: If the city isn't USED to having snow and doesn't have the experience of how to handle it and doesn't have the infrastructure for it...it doesn't matter really. That's like military ? in Iraq coming over to like Houston or some ? and saying 'You ? complaining about a 100 murders a year? HAHAHA. ? we got car bombs, IED's and ? dying 3 per day!'.

If Houston isn't a warzone and isn't used to/prepared for it...then ? is gonna be ? up.

Right. I shouldnt have quoted your post to say that.
  • Westie
    Options

Honestly it doesn't matter where you are, that first snow, everybody forgets how to drive in it. it's so irritating.