Classic Or Not Vol 113.......Life Is Good

Options

Comments

• BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    No
    The beat and lyrics on Reach Out are good. I just don't like the hook much but I don't hate that track as much as yall. Song is cool to me, I don't skip it.

Coulda done without Summer On Smash lol.

The whole rest of the album is crazy. I might even file this one under personal classic for songs like You Wouldn't Understand, Back When, Stay, but I don't think it's a universal classic.
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    meme76d3a771364f80ee.jpg

YOU MUTHAFUCKIN NASTIALITES .......YOUUUUUUUUU DUSTY MUTHAFUCKAS ...... CLASSIC? THIS ? IS LUCKY TO GET ONE PLAY!

HOW THE ? IS THIS BABY SOFT ASS PEACHES & HERB KNOCK OFF OF AN ALBUM EVEN IN THE ? CONVERSATION FOR CLASSIC... IS THIS ? A JOKE? IN FACT THAT'S AN INSULT TO PEACHES ... AT LEAST HER ALBUMS ACTUALLY SOLD ...THIS "FLOP IS GOOD" ASS ? BARELY TOUCHED DOUBLED WOOD STATUS....

JUNGLE DONT EVEN WHIP THIS ? OUT TO BREAK DOWN HIS LOUD PACK ON ...ITS DISRESPECTFUL TO SOME GOOD WEED

I MEAN DAMN KEEP IT A BUCK NASTIALITES!!!! WHEN THE ? YOU EVER HEARD ANYONE BUMPIN THIS ? ? BE HONEST NASTIALITES ...OUTSIDE OF YOUR WEEKLY NASTAFARIAN BIBLE STUDY.. WHO DA ? /WHERE DA ? /HOW DA ? YOU HEARD SOMEONE PLAY THIS ? ?

? Aint Sittin At The Crib Bumping No "Cherry Wine" FOH ?
    ? Aint Chillin On The Block Bumping No "Summer on Smash" FOH ?
    ? Aint Pushin The V Wit The Bucket Low Bumpin No "Reach Out" FOH ?

CLASSIC?

FOH ?

? quit trolling..yeah this album aint no classic but it definitely had heat on it

Black bond
    Trust
    Back when
    Roses
    World is a addiction
    Nasty
    The don
    Stay
    Bye baby
    Where's the love
    Locomotive

Those were heat
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    meme76d3a771364f80ee.jpg

YOU MUTHAFUCKIN NASTIALITES .......YOUUUUUUUUU DUSTY MUTHAFUCKAS ...... CLASSIC? THIS ? IS LUCKY TO GET ONE PLAY!

HOW THE ? IS THIS BABY SOFT ASS PEACHES & HERB KNOCK OFF OF AN ALBUM EVEN IN THE ? CONVERSATION FOR CLASSIC... IS THIS ? A JOKE? IN FACT THAT'S AN INSULT TO PEACHES ... AT LEAST HER ALBUMS ACTUALLY SOLD ...THIS "FLOP IS GOOD" ASS ? BARELY TOUCHED DOUBLED WOOD STATUS....

JUNGLE DONT EVEN WHIP THIS ? OUT TO BREAK DOWN HIS LOUD PACK ON ...ITS DISRESPECTFUL TO SOME GOOD WEED

I MEAN DAMN KEEP IT A BUCK NASTIALITES!!!! WHEN THE ? YOU EVER HEARD ANYONE BUMPIN THIS ? ? BE HONEST NASTIALITES ...OUTSIDE OF YOUR WEEKLY NASTAFARIAN BIBLE STUDY.. WHO DA ? /WHERE DA ? /HOW DA ? YOU HEARD SOMEONE PLAY THIS ? ?

CLASSIC?

FOH ?

? quit trolling..yeah this album aint no classic but it definitely had heat on it

Black bond
    Trust
    Back when
    Roses
    World is a addiction
    Nasty
    The don
    Stay
    Bye baby
    Where's the love
    Locomotive

Those were heat

You forgot "You wouldn't understand"..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8awt-Qx4zo&list=RDd8awt-Qx4zo

Let's make a bet, I know the reason you ain't make it yet
    Your stage was set but you ain't see the tedious ingredients
    That go inside of a rider, you hiding from problems and
    You never knew how to make dollars
    You couldn't make orders at a drive-through McDonald's
    I was fly at the Apollo with Black Jason, 89 with a bottle
    ? jealous of Jason, dark green seven forty, no tint
    Rollie on wrist, gleaming he rock the baldy
    Used to ride with him to Brooklyn, Lewis and Halsey
    Cop chocolate Thai, Vernon style and burn it down

~NAS~
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Nah Son wrote: »
    Theres some heat on this album, but far too many fillers to be classic. Specially in the second half of the tracklist

???

Besides 'summer on smash' name them..

• EyeofAsaru
    Options
    No
    This album lyrically is goat...like I said..nas' albums mainly suffer from dull production
  • BobOblah
    Options
    No
    This album lyrically is goat...like I said..nas' albums mainly suffer from dull production

This is an overblown complaint at this point. Nas production hasn't been that bad. There's been plenty of heat, including on this album.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    THIS ALBUM WAS QUITE OVERRATED WHEN IT DROPPED...
    ITS NO CLASSIC, BUT ITS A GREAT 4/5 ALBUM THO...
    IT DID A GOOD JOB BLENDING PERSONAL TRACKS OVER MODERNIZED 90'S BEATS...
    ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS FROM A RAPPER 20 YEARS IN...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    No
    Production is subjective. I may like a beat, but you may not.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yes
    There is too many little boys on this poll. Life is good is the first truly grown man hip-hop album and I still bump that ? to this day. Pure ? classic.
  • EyeofAsaru
    Options
    No
    Music is subjective...everyone doesn't interpret art the same way...

Overall this album was another great addition to nas' catalog of gems..i can say it was definitely stronger than jay's magna carter album
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    No
    There is too many little boys on this poll. Life is good is the first truly grown man hip-hop album and I still bump that ? to this day. Pure ? classic.

Charity Starts At Home by Phonte was a grown man hip hop album and it was better than LIG IMO.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    good album, but not a classic
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    5th Letter wrote: »

Charity Starts At Home by Phonte was a grown man hip hop album and it was better than LIG IMO.

Not a Little Brother fan
  • BobOblah
    Options
    No

Great album that I own, but LIG is better IMO
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

I don't think it was better than LIG, but Charity Starts at Home is an incredible album that I still play as well. Good mention.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    meme76d3a771364f80ee.jpg

CLASSIC?

FOH ?

Black bond
    Trust
    Back when
    Roses
    World is a addiction
    Nasty
    The don
    Stay
    Bye baby
    Where's the love
    Locomotive

Those were heat

? NASTIALITE AIN'T NOBODY TRYNA HEAR THIS ? YOUR TALKING ABOUT ....THIS ? IS TRASH POINT BLANK PERIOD ...IT WENT DOUBLE WOOD IT FLOPPED NOBODY COPPED THIS ? OF AN ALBUM AIN'T NOBODY TRYNA HEAR NO QUIET STORM ASS SOFT PATTI LABELLE RNB BEATS ...YOU ? NASTILITES MAKE ME ? PUKE YOU ? COMPLAIN ABOUT DRAKE MAKIN SOFT MUSIC BUT CLAIM YOU ? WITH "CHERRY WINE" FOH ? AND TAKE THIS ? OF A THROWAWAY ALBUM THE ? OUTTA HERE

ONE OF THESE NASTILITES ACTUALLY WROTE "MY PERSONAL ADJUSTED VERION CLASSIC THO"

LMAOOOOOOO FUKIN DELUSIONAL ASS NASTIALITE ...YOU ? ARE THE WORST KIND OF ?

LMAO AT POSTING THAT PIECE OF AGIT TRACK LISTING LIKE IM SUPPOSED TO CHANGE MY MIND...FOH ?

DON'T NOBODY IN THE REAL WORLD OUTSIDE OF Y'ALL'S CHURCH WALLS GIVE A ? ABOUT NO LIFE IS WOOD
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    No
    lol I read all homie's posts in madd rapper voice
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    meme76d3a771364f80ee.jpg

CLASSIC?

FOH ?

Black bond
    Trust
    Back when
    Roses
    World is a addiction
    Nasty
    The don
    Stay
    Bye baby
    Where's the love
    Locomotive

Those were heat

Don't forget "No Introduction", Nas started the album off right with that joint
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Dont understand the Reach Out hate......
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yes
    I just dont like summer on smash(probably some ? def jam gave him) and you dont understand
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Dudes in here be tryna make EVERY nas album a classic.... Honest question no shade...if you feel this album is a classic then how many classics do you think nas has what 5???? 6????
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

If that ain't the dumbest ? I ever read
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    That whole ? bump to me....

Classic
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    I just dont like summer on smash(probably some ? def jam gave him) and you dont understand

that's like me saying I don't like New York State of mind but Illmatic is a classic, or I don't like take it in blood but IWW is a classic, you don't like one of the undeniable classic tracks but LIG is a classic album?
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

that's like me saying I don't like New York State of mind but Illmatic is a classic, or I don't like take it in blood but IWW is a classic, you don't like one of the undeniable classic tracks but LIG is a classic album?

Theres a difference between classic and flawless.....
This discussion has been closed.