How do you guys feel about the Benjamin Button Special as a form of punisment?

Options

Comments

• Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I couldn't humiliate my child like this but if it works for the next parent, cool
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    lol that's my style of parenting. Homie gave him the george castanza lol
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't be liking those punishments where it's like you're setting your child up to be ridiculed by the world...but that's their kid so whatever.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Question.

And this is for yall that received REAL whoopins.

Woukd you rather get your ass whooped or go to school with the George Jefforson for a week?
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    i don't be liking those punishments where it's like you're setting your child up to be ridiculed by the world...but that's their kid so whatever.

Not at 8 years old anyway. It's too early in the formative stages of identity. Kids at that age are not able to conceptualize and differentiate between "I did something ? up" and "Im a ? ". I dont know about a haircut, but I'm skeptical about humiliation punishment in general, particularly holding a sign that says "I stole from Walmart" or some ? like that. I'll pass
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Question.

Woukd you rather get your ass whooped or go to school with the George Jefforson for a week?

kids are ? . i woulda took the whoopin.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    corny and also enforces trivial standards of outward appearance...
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and I have the same cut...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd like to think I wouldn't need to resort to humiliation as a punishment for my kid.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    What if his hair doesnt grow back

what?

@Copper Well of course it'll grow back, but sometimes when kids are that young, if you cut it too low, it doesn't grow back the same or have the same thickness. He could ruin that kid's hair trying to be funny. It's completely bald in the front

you sound like one of my old country great aunts who think putting a baby under a light will make them darkskin

It happened to my eyebrows in high school. They'll never grow back the same. How do guys end up with those receding hairlines when it just doesn't grow back?
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what?

@Copper Well of course it'll grow back, but sometimes when kids are that young, if you cut it too low, it doesn't grow back the same or have the same thickness. He could ruin that kid's hair trying to be funny. It's completely bald in the front

you sound like one of my old country great aunts who think putting a baby under a light will make them darkskin

It happened to my eyebrows in high school. They'll never grow back the same. How do guys end up with those receding hairlines when it just doesn't grow back?

lol that's genetic..not from haircuts
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OB thinks MPB is from haircuts?

lol.gif
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wait - you think receding hairlines is self-inflicted?
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what?

She eats chitterlings bruh, the case has been closed on her old country ass
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OB is on some DRO ? right now
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I used to think OB was one of the smart females here
  • King Ghidorah
    King Ghidorah Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This kinda of thing stick, I still remember getting my ass whooped in my kindergarten classroom bathroom by my mama, everyone in my class heard it! But y'all don't get it, that ? was so etherous, nobody laughed at me, ? was getting sympathy fruit roll ups from ? lmao. Teacher had the nerve to look sorry for my ass, my mama corrected that ? so proper.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what yall gon do when he get suspended for fighting cuz other kids keeping smacking him in the back of his bald ass head?
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Question.

Was thrown through glass for bucking up. Would still take that over the clown cut.

• obnoxiouslyfresh
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I used to think OB was one of the smart females here

I AM! X(

Look here... The founder of molecular biology believed that vitamin C could cure terminal cancer. He actually believed that ? . I'm highly intelligent and sharp, but I am absent-minded and scatterbrained, which often results in appearing willfully clueless. It's not intelligence level, so much as it is there's a limited amount of attention one has, which may be more or less for different people, and it has to be divided between various things. I have no interest in what causes baldness but I certainly didn't think you could just shave a kid's head like that at that age.

I've come to realize that I just cannot focus and I accept this. I personally know a surgeon who types with two fingers. So yes, it is possible to be sharp and ditzy. I'm fine.

• MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What if you got a badass girl tho'?! Same cut ...... or nah?
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This happened to me once..in 4th grade I cut a piece of my hair off in class..my mama noticed and got heated...

This woman gave me some scissors and sent me to the bathroom talkin bout, "You wanna cut your own ? , aight go head."

I came out bout an hour later wit MAAAAD patches in my ? ...? I had to go to school like that the next day...
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Question.

I have no problem with this type of punishment

I used to get beat by then syllable, to the point where I eventually built up an immunity to it. I would act out knowing I would get a beating, so I would base the amount that I acted up on what level of whooping I could handle that day.
    I would cry or whatever but by the next day I woulda forgot about it.

However nothing ? me up more than my ? as ? dad coming out the house in nothing but a robe and cussing my out in front of all my homies.

Embarrassment is way more of a punishment than a beating
  • Young Stef
    Young Stef Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @obnoxiouslyfresh Absentmindness is a sign of high intelligence tho your googles will back it up.