Why does Recovery get so much hate?

Options

Comments

• macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listened to it again sober and still think y'all hating...
    it's so much better then most albums from the last 4 years
    And everyone hated on Em before because they always said his songs weren't serious enough........
    can't please everybody I guess.

don't forget this album wasn't Slim it was marshall
  • macadonwoo
    Options
    Also one more comment
    Someone had it right. He was doing a pop album which still ended up better than all those other drake ass and Company albums.

Those others lyrics would never touch this
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    macadonwoo wrote: »

LOL
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dont listen to much other hip hop huh?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And everyone hated on Em before because they always said his songs weren't serious enough........

So u enjoy pop music, nothing wrong with that. U ARE White right?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also @ the bolded, T&Y would like to have a word with you. Inb4 Lu roundhouses you back through the last 4 years. Recovery sucked. Period. And I consider myself an Em fan.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    Em gets so much hate on this board.
    I pride myself in not being racist at all.
    I got lots of black friends, my gf is black , my top 5 mc s are black except Em who's at 4.

So is it just racist hate that some of y'all hate??

it's just ppl being stupid and racist....recovery is an excellent album, not a classic but it's still good
    I got lots of black friends, my gf is black , my top 5 mc s are black except Em who's at 4.

it's just ppl being stupid and racist....recovery is an excellent album, not a classic but it's still good

So college dropout and late registration is weak but this album is "excellent" smh reason ?

college dropout is good, i've always said that, but late registration is doo doo grits....you can't compare kanye to eminem, kanye isn't on eminems level with heart or lyrics...not to mention he ain't the producer he once was either

kanye's been trending downward for years now, eminem at least had a bump in his stock after this album

tumblr_nbj831318u1r2r6qqo1_400.gif

Late Registration ? on Recovery and its not even close.

Yall know that girls basketball game where one team got blew the ? out?
    It was 161-2.

You could say these albums are like that and that's being generous.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Askin why Eminem get hate on here is like wonderin why Birdman bushes stay poppin
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What?! You don't think Em's latest offerings are good?! You must be racist. Is it cuz he's white? - Every white person that believes Eminem to be the end all, be all of rap.

It's like white people can't hear the differences between his first three efforts to his last 4 solo joints. Completely oblivious. Smh.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    What?! You don't think Em's latest offerings are good?! You must be racist. Is it cuz he's white? - Every white person that believes Eminem to be the end all, be all of rap.

It's like white people can't hear the differences between his first three efforts to his last 4 solo joints. Completely oblivious. Smh.

thats not true

• macadonwoo
    Options
  • macadonwoo
    Options
    Westwood - *EXCLUSIVE* Eminem freestyle Radio 1: http://youtu.be/KwyOfqbP8JU
  • macadonwoo
    Options
    ? maybe y'all is right
    :-/ :))

The Interview Funny Scene - Eminem ? ?: http://youtu.be/qW31MBrbZnM
  • macadonwoo
    Options
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And I ? with em and have defended him many of times on this forum but this album didnt cut it for me. I do ? with seduction tho

Word for word CS.

Smh at Late Registration bein' Doo Doo Grits. This ? is gettin' outta hand
  • willywanker
    willywanker Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some just do not like the album, not me tho I stan the ? out to this ? !
  • macadonwoo
    Options
    ? this thread I started , Relapse >>>>>>>> Recovery..
    still think recovery was good but......m
    I gotta lay off the mollys
  • Like Water
    Options
    ? this thread I started , Relapse >>>>>>>> Recovery.. I still think recovery was good but......m
    I gotta lay off the mollys

So what we have here is yet ANOTHER white poster, who is an Eminem stan, that reinforces the notion that the nuances of hip-hop culture are completely lost on them.

Better than most albums released in the last 4 years? Smh... And you're not cool because you do Mollys, if you even do... ? follower.

Why does this site keep getting infiltrated by these parasites? It's like KTT's leftovers come over here and run amok.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    What do yall expect from a dude who said this unfunny corny ? lol
    Yall heard Drakes new one.??????Its to the beat of Eminems Cleaining out the closet. Drake goes in with " Im sorry Daaaddy I never meant squirt you. But Im a ? so Im comming out the closet!" Check that ? out ( comming out the closet - Drake - feat Lil b , young thug and Mr Cee
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Em generally gets ? on round here not just recovery. He's still one of the best of all time whether he fell off or not.

Someone in this thread said he aged the worst musically out of all the 90's rappers that are still around. Answer me this, how many rappers from the 90's are still relevant today? Em's staying power speaks for itself.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Em generally gets ? on round here not just recovery. He's still one of the best of all time whether he fell off or not.

Someone in this thread said he aged the worst musically out of all the 90's rappers that are still around. Answer me this, how many rappers from the 90's are still relevant today? Em's staying power speaks for itself.

Whats your defintion of "relevant"
  • Like Water
    Options
    Nas
    Jay
    Wayne
    Bun B
    Common

That's just off top. There are more, I'm sure. Despite what Young Thug and other like-minded individuals would like to believe, hip-hop is getting "older".

I've said it before, the "black Eminem" is Royce. And although he's regarded as a great lyricist by a few fans/peers, he doesn't even get an iota of attention he deserves.

I hold Em in high regard in terms of his technical ability. He's top 5 easy. But beyond that? Nah. Jeezy has a better discography than Em.
  • kingMansaMusa
    kingMansaMusa Members Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Options
    RiGGA wrote: »

you ? just don't get it. Please watch "Dear White People" and if you aren't at all moved by it, I then suggest you do us all a favor and drink Crystal-Light flavored bleach and get it over with.
    that movie was ? my ?