Your biggest hip hop related pet peeves

Options
12346»

Comments

• BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoogaSuga wrote: »
    These younger rappers using Dragonball Z references...

I dont be knowing WTF they talkin about

who doesnt know about dbz

Me. The only cartoons i grew up on were ? Tunes, classic Mickey Mouse/Goofy/Donald Duck (before education took the fun out), & Simpsons
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    sleeping
    inaccurate rankings based off talent and skill
    internet hater balla blockers always trying to knock
    and dismiss the best underground artists as broke and irrelevant
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Fans

example; Kendrick was hip hops "savoir" next he's "koondrick lamar", then drops a nice track now yall on his ? again

And also what happened to ja rule. I was never a ja fan even in his prime(some songs I liked tho) but how can he be such a huge artist and 50 comes out and says what ja is doing is wack and now all of a sudden, dude has no fans AT ALL. 106 fans dissing him and ? . Like nobody even admits they were a ja rule fan back then.
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Me. The only cartoons i grew up on were ? Tunes, classic Mickey Mouse/Goofy/Donald Duck (before education took the fun out), & Simpsons

Same here. ? a DBZ.
  • spayspay
    spayspay Members Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
    Options
    When rappers spell out words to complete a rhyme because they can't think of a word that rhymes.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When rappers promote sleep deprivation like it's the move..like nah bruh go to sleep sometimes..all that no sleep ? is bad for you.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Hip Hop elitists can be overbearing, but who can deny that most of the rap in the mainstream is garbage. Nicki Minaj hasn't made a good (or maybe even decent) song in ages and she's probably the most popular rapper out right now. Lil Wayne has clearly shown shown he doesn't give a ? anymore yet nobody is questioning his Best Rapper Alive title. And I don't give a ? what anyone says, there is no reason Jay shouldn't have EASILY outspit Kanye on every song on WTT. Rap should be a competition, where the ? is the hunger? As much as I like J. Cole, duke wouldn't even be considered all that lyrical in the 90s, yet he's one of my favorites because he is atleast TRYING to spit.

thing is nobody is forcing u to listen to "mainstream ? " when I dislike an artist i ignore em simple as dat wat good is complaining about an artist u dislike? you can bump them underground artist u feel aint gettin enough love when in actuality they dont have hitmaking ability if dat wat makes u comfortable dats wat youtube was made for u can bump the artist u prefer without a problem

The problem is that when you have so many wack rappers that cant rap for ? , but since they're popular people start calling them legends, or goats, or their albums classics, is like, ? can barely rhyme ? with ? and yet he's in your top 5? ? makes songs saying ? like "you're a good girl and you know it" and you as a man are listening to this and are like "yeah, this ? right here talks to me". Im not saying that there's a problem with people that makes or listen to ? like this, but when you start saying ? like "Drake is a top 5 rapper" or "Big Sean isnt a one dimensional rapper" makes me think that you aint listened to a rapper that can actually rap, not meaning super lyrical biblical rappers (Canibus) but cats with talent that actually put an effort in their rhymes.

Yo i wrote this like 2 years ago lol im too high for a rebuttal
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ? , im high too bro
  • jayvon32
    jayvon32 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rappers who copy the feature artist style on the same song (I.e game)

Rappers who bite the current hottest rapper style and pass it off like a ? isn't going to notice

Every hood artist on WSHH or coming up rapping to a generic Rick Ross beat with their struggle bars like its the only beat in the world
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The existence of WSHH
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gum989 wrote: »

Same here. ? a DBZ.

^^^
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    The term "classic" being thrown around so loosely

• Ear2DaSt
    Options
    small group of fans talking like they dictate rap
  • bkzlostchild
    bkzlostchild Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A artist that use " Young" or " Lil" as their name
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    My biggest pet peeve is people that don't listen to KB Da Kidnappa. That makes me furious.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White girls rapping.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    Monkey see Monkey do..
    They see underground rappers as competition so they copy whichever direction the underground artist takes
    The underground taking the street direction the mainstream start trying to be more street

They see a soutern underground rapper being more lyrical they try to be more lyrical if they see he is being more southern they try to take that route etc..
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Axel I know you a young brother but I grew up in an era where cats were spitting lyrics on songs for women/club.

post an example of this... i was born in 88 and dont remember any club song wit lyrics..
    Pretty much any song was played in the clubs back then. The only thing you did'nt hear in the club was hard core gangsta rap but the club used to be diverse with the music. ? , "Mind Playing Tricks on Me" by the Geto Boys used to get played in the clubs along with "You Gots to Chill" by EPMD. It was all music

Emphatic nosign. I was DJing that summer. It was the summer of 1991, the same summer I graduated from High School. You couldn't play My Minds Playing Tricks On Me within 100 yards of a party or a fight would break out.

I remember I played My Minds Playing Tricks On me at one party and this kid I knew stabbed 4 people.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options

5th Letter wrote: »
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    My biggest pet peeve is people that don't listen to KB Da Kidnappa. That makes me furious.

K.B. retiring when he's as cold as he ever been
    K.B. finna blow up