Jamacian Women Take Over, Build Women-run Utopia

Options
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica is about to pop off economically when the United States legalize weed federally.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Jamaica is about to pop off economically when the United States legalize weed federally.

I hope so but i doubt it
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Noir
    @? _Lyfe
    How do y'all feel about this?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn where @zombie at? You better get your cousins to step it up.

This ain't really that big a deal. I wouldn't say traditional African cultures are woman run, but women certainly had more power than what we're accustomed seeing to in the West.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are some problematic things mentioned in this article....
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interestin' from a sociological point if view. The high percentage of men in crime allowed/forced the women to excel in education and business
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Link?

I see it...
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

I think it'll be the opposite. At that point it will just end up getting factory farmed like tobacco, with corporations that get licensing for production and distro being the only ones that make real money off it. There will still be demand for "artisan" stuff I'm sure, but that won't need to be imported really.

I also imagine a fair amount of Jamaica's tourism comes from it being known to Americans/Westerners as "weed friendly" which gives it a niche to compete with the other island locations. If the U.S. legalized marijuana then I think Jamaica would lose a lot of that allure to Westerners and while tourism will still be strong, it will be harder to compete.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica has strains of weed that other places don't have
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U ? and this jamacia ? . Y'all gonna learn to spell my countries name right got dam it.
    J-A-M-A-I-C-A
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If America officially legalizes weed at the federal level, then scientist (by way of corporate interest) will corner the market and synthesize anything that isn't available here and work to destroy or condemn anything in demand that they can not synthesize (or acquire for "free").
  • zombie
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If America officially legalizes weed at the federal level, then scientist (by way of corporate interest) will corner the market and synthesize anything that isn't available here and work to destroy or condemn anything in demand that they can not synthesize (or acquire for "free").

That's what you call copyright infringement and no american company can openly do it not on a natural product. Weed is not a pharmaceutical pill, you can't just synthesize it and still call it weed it will be something else.
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Jamaica ever legalises the herb foriegners will own 3/4 of our farmland before the ink dries on the bill.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "It's almost as if manhood and masculinity have been hijacked by a thug culture far removed from education,"

Hmmm this is an important statement.
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And big up every empress and clean hearted gyal in Jamaica love to see them prosper.

I don't agree that the males are being led astray by the music. Dancehall artistes do not promote petty crime or the sale of drugs in their lyrics. Class discrimination is what they need to talk about, the yutes dem want to uplift themselves.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is all good and I am happy for these women.

But you all have to realize that this only being done in these types of numbers with black people. This ? ain't but another way to further emasculate black men and drive an even deeper wedge in the relationship between black men and women.

? like this the reason you hear some black women screaming "I don't need a man" ? a boss at work she not going to come home and let a man who makes less than her be the head of the household like he should be.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Ranxx wrote: »
    And big up every empress and clean hearted gyal in Jamaica love to see them prosper.

I don't agree that the males are being led astray by the music. Dancehall artistes do not promote petty crime or the sale of drugs in their lyrics. Class discrimination is what they need to talk about, the yutes dem want to uplift themselves.

they promote promiscuity and being a "bad mon" tho. some of the popular tracks in dancehall are awful now
  • zombie
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

they promote promiscuity and being a "bad mon" tho. some of the popular tracks in dancehall are awful now

yes but the thing about music is jamaica is that it's balanced out better than american music

You have alkaline and then you have chronixx
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

yes but the thing about music is jamaica is that it's balanced out better than american music

true
    but this ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yHmiixs3qI

is garbage

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

true
    but this ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yHmiixs3qI

is garbage

Lmao
    Bruh that song goes, for the female dancehall crowd. Slackness has always been in dancehall and more lines get crossed everyday/year.

As zombie said we r more than balanced. Mad positive ish is out there sad rap isn't the same way where the positive songs can still be popular.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's Black Greatness
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    This is all good and I am happy for these women.

But you all have to realize that this only being done in these types of numbers with black people. This ? ain't but another way to further emasculate black men and drive an even deeper wedge in the relationship between black men and women.

? like this the reason you hear some black women screaming "I don't need a man" ? a boss at work she not going to come home and let a man who makes less than her be the head of the household like he should be.

dude... you do realize that's ? when there is evidence of warrior women tribes?

you are operating on a rhetoric still steeped in white christian ideology.

whites fear that ? you talking because their culture comes from oppressing their women to control the spread of STD's.

think about it.

rome was a certain way at one point and then Christianity took over and ? became more straight forward, everything had its place.

you are doing nothing but repeating St Augustine's ? rhetoric.

was a time we would have broke bread with a village like that instead of fear it.

Why you talking about the past when I am talking about ? that is going on right now?

Don't take that the wrong because I understand knowing the past is important but do you really think we need black women on some women's warrior tribe ? right now? Most so called black femenist don't even know what the ? they fighting or arguing for.

You can call it rhetoric all you want but is white christianity not in power in America and Jamaica where this ? is most prevalent?

You can call it opressing but they not having the same problems with their white ? as much as black men are having with our women.