CyHi The Prynce - Black Hystori Project 2: N.A.A.C.P (Tape is out!)

Options

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm ? with this when it drop... I like the forever joint...
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did they push it back again?
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did they push it back again?

Nah it just dropped
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn this ? is flames so far. Cy gets better w/ every release. Easily in the top 3 best pure lyricist from ATL if not the best...#Fact. ? me off that dude doesn't get the shine that he deserves.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    Options
    Master P>>>>>>>>
  • MrCrookedLetter
    Options
    Weak People>>>>>>>
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't believe Kanye got this ? in the bushes,b

Cyhi is one of the new age goats
  • EarPlug0128
    EarPlug0128 Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    Options
    Forever is that ? . I zoned out to that one. Another consistent effort overall!
  • southernmade
    Options
    Sub this ? in Kanye....Cyhi has never had an issue rapping...
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Official Mixtapes 9
    Albums 0
    7 years

I ? with dude but smh.

If he sells it digitally what difference does it make ? Will ? even remember that ? in 10 years tho ? If the music is original then IMO its an "album".

Exactly. I never get a "cd" anymore. If I get an album it's digital. If it's all original music there is no difference between a mixtape and an album other than it being free
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Sub this ? in Kanye....Cyhi has never had an issue rapping...

Ye too busy focusing on his new wardrobe for the Walking Dead movie smh

hilarious

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Official Mixtapes 9
    Albums 0
    7 years

I ? with dude but smh.

If he sells it digitally what difference does it make ? Will ? even remember that ? in 10 years tho ? If the music is original then IMO its an "album".

The 2 songs I heard from the OP are far from original(or cleared from the owner) tho. Correct me If Im wrong.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    flipped samples tho, just like game-celebration. its a full length body of work at the end of the day
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok this ? is dope
  • Stew
    Options
    flipped samples tho, just like game-celebration. its a full length body of work at the end of the day

Jesus Piece is a studio album tho so that means he got that sample cleared for retail purposes. No way CyHi go those samples cleared like that. Totally not the same thing.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    true, but should we take away from cyhi just cuz he decided not to wait on def jam or them artists to clear that ? , i think not, at the end of the day "mixtape or album" is truly semantics unless bruh clearly freestyling/remixing instrumentals. plus more than likely this ? is better than a lotta albums with cleared samples, so we count against it cuz its not retail??
  • Stew
    Options
    true, but should we take away from cyhi just cuz he decided not to wait on def jam or them artists to clear that ? , i think not, at the end of the day "mixtape or album" is truly semantics unless bruh clearly freestyling/remixing instrumentals. plus more than likely this ? is better than a lotta albums with cleared samples, so we count against it cuz its not retail??

My whole point of quoting @Sion is you cant count it as an album cause ? couldve been doing this ? foreeeeever long ago and you know what? When the actual "mixtapes" were dropping thats exactly what they were doing was dropping hot 16's over classic beats over "mixtapes" not "albums".

Has nothing to do with CyHi or anybody else doing it, Its about giving royalties to the creator of the actual song or sample. Theres been multiple ALBUMS taken off of shelves cause they used ONE sample of ONE song that didnt get cleared. U cant just capitalize off anothers ? work without paying for it bruh. This music ? is real. Put yourself in Jodeci's/Keith Sweat's seat right now and imagine If CyHi blew the ? up off their sample.....

Theres a reason why they put those songs out for free, trust.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    yeah i definitely feel that from the artist/bidness standpoint. i guess im just speakin from the fan standpoint
  • Stew
    Options
    yeah i definitely feel that from the artist/bidness standpoint. i guess im just speakin from the fan standpoint

Sure and Im sure thats what Sion was trying to get at as well but my thing is our fav artist(older cats who thought of doing songs over classic beats a long time ago) couldve been doing that ? a long time ago If it was that easy but it wasnt and it aint now and it will never be. That sample ? is real, one of Hip Hop's only "crutch".
  • southernmade
    Options
    Yeah I know we're on the outside looking in but it doesn't seem like Ye ? with him like that....honestly does any of the artist really ? with him on good music? He hasn't appeared on any good albums except for Dark Fantacy and that ? was 5 years ago( damn where did the time go) ....I'd understand if dude was trash but he's far from that...just seems like Ye keeps him around to help write songs
  • verbal juke
    verbal juke Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cyhi is the truth. I slept on him for a while. The Hystori joint made me a believer, this mixtape has solitified it for me. I would have paid for the last two mixtapes.