CyHi The Prynce - Black Hystori Project 2: N.A.A.C.P (Tape is out!)

Options

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He signed to ye, akon, bu, and def jam

• Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

Damn lol I thought the Konvict deal fell through tho.

But to the discussion I don't think anybody expects Ye to just drop everything and start pushing dude but he can at least acknowledge the ? existence lol.

Ye got 11 million twitter followers something small like tweeting out a link to the mixtape could help dude.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »

But to the discussion I don't think anybody expects Ye to just drop everything and start pushing dude but he can at least acknowledge the ? existence lol.

Ye got 11 million twitter followers something small like tweeting out a link to the mixtape could help dude.

He aint even TWEET about the ? mixtape? Have one of his entourage ? tweet about it to his account or nothing? Wtf
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm done with this tape until they fix the mix. Dope lyrics and concepts though
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Weak People is ether cuz.
  • Listencloser
    Options
    I wonder, has anyone around him told him that the mix was terrible? Cyhi cant think this is acceptable in 2015 lol....his engineer doesn't want him to win.....

Someone hit him up on Twitter
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm done with this tape until they fix the mix. Dope lyrics and concepts though

This is the 2nd time this has happened. Smh. You can't make the ? at least 256 Kbps? It does make a helluva difference. I'm not even an audio head like that, but the sound quality being this off brings down the overall quality of the tape.

Dammit man

• southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    I wonder, has anyone around him told him that the mix was terrible? Cyhi cant think this is acceptable in 2015 lol....his engineer doesn't want him to win.....

Someone hit him up on Twitter

n3un84.jpg

Just doing my part

retweeted....
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? sounds fine its 320kbps

I've only listened to it with headphones so far tho not my car or home system.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ahh the 1st was better but it's better than that drake ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At what point do you stop blaming the label and blame the artist

Not that I disagree but what exactly do you blame him for in this instance?

Well first, i dont think he wants to be "big" anyway and if he does, ots himself thats holding himself back. You can blame kanye and deg jam but look how long it took bog sean to put an album out. In this day and age you jeed to put the time in outside just the music to pop

he drops videos and tours, what else do u suggest
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    most of my ? have heard of cyhi thru 2k n love the sideways remix and half of em are open to lyrical ? , but i dont think they've checked for him outside of it. what i think he's missing is that hit, u cant just try n put in heavy effort n force a hit, he's dropped stuff i thought could be singles but nothing i can see doing what idfwu could do on charts. would have helped if cyhi was on one of them good music singles too
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At what point do you stop blaming the label and blame the artist

Not that I disagree but what exactly do you blame him for in this instance?

Well first, i dont think he wants to be "big" anyway and if he does, ots himself thats holding himself back. You can blame kanye and deg jam but look how long it took bog sean to put an album out. In this day and age you jeed to put the time in outside just the music to pop

he drops videos and tours, what else do u suggest

Ive never seen him do nationwide tours or even come up here for shows, tour more, do features, make radio records, etc.

Stew wrote: »
    allday1992 wrote: »

He aint even TWEET about the ? mixtape? Have one of his entourage ? tweet about it to his account or nothing? Wtf

He brought his wife, daughter and Cyhi to have dinner with Farrakhan so that counts
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    yea, well we all know def jam aint pushin nobody ? , NOBODY, and i dont see cyhi as a guy willing to jump on something trendy just for radio play so, hopefully something off here or future projects will take off naturally for him
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    most of my ? have heard of cyhi thru 2k n love the sideways remix and half of em are open to lyrical ? , but i dont think they've checked for him outside of it. what i think he's missing is that hit, u cant just try n put in heavy effort n force a hit, he's dropped stuff i thought could be singles but nothing i can see doing what idfwu could do on charts. would have helped if cyhi was on one of them good music singles too

I still think if he would have put that so emotional out a lil later than he did it would've been a halfway big record just off the strength of 2 chainz catching fire at that time.

But I think him and his team should start reaching out for bigger features on his next ? .
  • Listencloser
    Options
    ? all that strategizing on his success ? . All he needs to do is keep putting out dope music but make sure it's mixed well.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well he did say "Ask me if I'm on the radio, I'm probably not, But I don't do it for the radio, I do this ? for Basquiat"
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Well he did say "Ask me if I'm on the radio, I'm probably not, But I don't do it for the radio, I do this ? for Basquiat"

I was gonna say "See Lupe" but Lupe had a dope ass 1st hit :(
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
  • Livefromclayco
    Options

I don't know why I like that song but that ? go.

brandon-lafell-touchdown-dance-super-bowl.gif?w=1000

Ye do a lot of dickriding for a ? that's supposed to be a trendsetter tho.