we now understand why Eddie Murphy's "SNL" return was so brief.

Options

Comments

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yeah even though I think Bill did that ? ,NBC does have it out for Bill.Eddie is too much of a legend to go for that.

I did think the little part keenan did was funny though.SNL has to make a joke about that.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim Bruer's Tracy Morgan AND Colin Quin is hilarious.
  • S2J
    edited February 2015
    Options
    But thats comedy. ? it. Cant crown Dave Chapelle and Chris Rock, Pryor, etc for going wherever the joke takes them, but then pick n choose when 'ooh no thats too far'. Aint like that ngga Cosby dead, or clergy, etc.

I respect Eddie for not doin it, but i wouldnt have faulted him if he did. Thats comedy, thats what they do. And i remember when ? said that 'fallen star' comment i lol'd.
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since when did Eddie have such high respect for Cosby. Back in the day he basically beefed with Cosby over comments Cosby made in reference to Pryor and Eddie.

Professional beef or difference in comedy styles is one thing, this is some divide and conquer BS to me. NBC wanna sneak diss/distance themselves from Cosby like he didnt save they ass in the ratings back when his show was running things. AND they wanted to use Ed (another person who gave them "jordan in the 4th" help during his SNL run)
    The MAN's treachery knows no bounds word to Black Dynamite
  • jill
    jill Members Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    Options
    for once i actually agree with eddie
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since when did Eddie have such high respect for Cosby. Back in the day he basically beefed with Cosby over comments Cosby made in reference to Pryor and Eddie.

Cosby criticized them both for their foul language and whatnot, and Eddie defended his work. They were both professionals in the same field, and had a difference of opinion on conduct. To call it beef would be an exaggeration.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It’s important to note that Murphy’s decision to abstain from slamming Cosby isn’t necessarily a display of support for Cosby. Murphy didn’t want to kick a man while he was down, but that doesn’t mean that he takes issue with him being down. We still don’t know for sure how Eddie Murphy feels about the Bill Cosby situation.

From the article
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

That was good. I couldn't stop laughing at the Tracy Morgan impersonation.

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYE BRUH IM CRYIN AT THAT ? !
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From the minute Eddie came into the business he knew what this ? was about...he even said it himself in the rolling Stone article when discussing how when him and Richard first met there was tension between them because Richard felt that Eddie was trying to take his place and that's when Eddie figured out the "one ? at a time rule" in Hollywood. When He Figured This ? Out Eddie Used The System For Everything He Could And Succeeded. That's why Eddie is a legend..this ? knew the game and played accordingly. Shout out To Him For Realizing What NBC was doing a not falling for the trap.

Word and seem like since this kinda new era since he been in the game he just kikin his feet up and not buyin into all the ? he got.hollywood for his money and now just enjoyin it and his ex nikki murphy is bad as ? still lol
  • S2J
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    But thats comedy. ? it. Cant crown Dave Chapelle and Chris Rock, Pryor, etc for going wherever the joke takes them, but then pick n choose when 'ooh no thats too far'. Aint like that ngga Cosby dead, or clergy, etc.

I respect Eddie for not doin it, but i wouldnt have faulted him if he did. Thats comedy, thats what they do. And i remember when ? said that 'fallen star' comment i lol'd.

shut up ? ..

Sigh. The only ? i know that zerberts his hoes. You aint a Huxtable ngga, stop this!
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

shut up ? ..

Sigh. The only ? i know that zerberts his hoes. You aint a Huxtable ngga, stop this!

LLS
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would have. Only because, Eddie is a legend himself and doesn't need to lower himself to cheap shots like that.

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

shut up ? ..

where'd he touch u ? ??
    may as well throw yo name in the hat wit the rest of thesr ? ..

lets get to the bottom of ur hate for this man..
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For Eddie its probably just a matter of going thru that ? before. ? still aint lived down that ? prostitute ? back in the 90s
  • S2J
    Options

shut up ? ..

where'd he touch u ? ??

lets get to the bottom of ur hate for this man

The lost Huxtable. Aye man just remember the advice i gave you. You cant be doin the Cosby thing around the hoes, they not gon respect you!

Hoe: I aint got the money

This ngga

42d.gif
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

shut up ? ..

where'd he touch u ? ??

lets get to the bottom of ur hate for this man

The lost Huxtable. Aye man just remember the advice i gave you. You cant be doin the Cosby thing around the hoes, they not gon respect you!

Hoe: I aint got the money

This ngga

42d.gif

so u not go tell us??

jus go keep it bottled in??
    or was it recent and u wanna wait 30 yrs??
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just lets u know, "even if you in a Benz, you still a ? ...in a coupe". How the ? NBillC try to ? on the ? that gave them life in the 80s and early 90s?? How the ? is this ? even real?? This is the same NBC that fired Marv "let me dress up in panties hose and bite ? " Albert only to rehire him. I'll say it again: Brad and Becky can smile at you, work with you at the job, even invite you to a bbq, but these muthafuckas are our enemies. Stop worshiping their cave ? and start being proud of who we are. Build a legacy. Eddie Murphy is dope as ? for not playing himself
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Eddie murphy saved snl?

Lol this was a question i was born in 89 so i didnt know
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

Just because you have issues with a guy doesn't mean you're gonna let the devil use you as a ? against him.

Also just as a matter of respect for Eddie Murphy why would they try to use his return to the show to ? on another comedian? It's insulting that they would even ask him to do that.

Ya'll taking ? too far. You acting as if SNL doesn't make fun of celebrities in hot water all the time regardless of race. And you're acting like Eddie has made fun of people under similar circumstances. If he chose not to do it because he didn't want to go down that road, that's fine, but let's not act like he's taking some kind of high road here or that SNL is the devil for doing some ? they do all the time.