Cartoon Network Is Bringing Back The Powerpuff Girls

Options

Comments

• Cocoa_Butter
    Cocoa_Butter Members Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh yeah and this vvvvv
    NEW YORK (AP) — Only a week after the announcement that the character Dumbledore in the Harry Potter series is ? , the fictional world is again shocked with the revelation by Steven Blanc, son of voice artist Mel Blanc, that the perennial prankster “Bugs” Bunny of ? Tunes cartoons is also ? . This announcement, while unexpected, give new and clearer meaning to many of the on-screen exchanges between the smart-aleck “wacky wabbit” and his put-upon nemesis, Elmer Fudd.

Bugs Bunny was in love with his male rival, Steven Blanc says.

The author of “Bugs and Elmer: A Forbidden Love,” stunned fans at the Academy of Motion Pictures annual Warner Brothers ? Tunes Night, when he answered one young reader’s question about Bugs by saying that he was ? and had been in love with Elmer Fudd for years.

‘”You have to remember that this was Hollywood of the Golden Age, even before Rock Hudson. The studio just wouldn’t allow it. Instead, Bugs and Elmer expressed their love for each using homosexual codes of the day, such as Elmer pointing a gun at Bugs, and Bugs responding with a squirt of seltzer in his face. Those in the closeted ? community clearly knew that Bugs famous “What’s Up, Doc?” was the password to get entry into the notorious Hammer Club on the Sunset Strip.”

The news of Bugs Bunny’s homosexuality brought gasps, then applause at the Academy, and set off thousands of e-mails on Warner Brothers cartoon Web sites around the world. Some were dismayed, others indifferent, but most were supportive.

” ‘BUGS BUNNY IS ? ’ is quite a headline to stumble upon on a Friday evening, and it’s certainly not what I expected,” added ? Tunes fan Charlie Johnson, of Trenton, New Jersey. “(But) a ? character in the most popular cartoon in the world is a big step for ? rights.”

Note, November 2010: This is not true. It is a joke. This was NOT approved by Warner Brothers. And Mel’s son’s real name is Noel. And just so you know — Bugs Bunny is probably my biggest literary influence.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope that dumbledore ? isn't true as well.
    Harry potter is some kiddy bs y would the old wizards sexuality need to b in question or even identified.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too old to care about this.

Mojojojo was trill though.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of my favorite episodes was them creating their own superhero versions when it was raining or some ? and Buttercup became a spawn type hero. The boogeyman episode used to creep me and my cousin out when we were little lol.
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    BoogaSuga wrote: »
    All yall really watched the Powderpuff Gurls?

tumblr_mrh5y3iijl1qa2rt1o1_500.jpg

? , kids cartoons used to have all kind of low-key adult humor in it. That's why the 90's were the ? !

? Tunes been doing that since way before the 90s
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    boogeyman was a ?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cartoon! Cartoons! and Nick!Toons were my ? , I didn't like the computer animation on Dance Pants Revolution or whatever it was called but I'll still check for nostalgia purposes.

As for the HIM and Red Hiney things, they basically had a memo they couldn't show bullets, refer to Satan or the Devil ? or homosexuality so they decided instead to use chemical and laser weapons, lots of swords, show lots of buts and have implied retardation, transvestism and drew characters that looked like the Devil but never got called The Devil. A lot got by back then in Animaniacs, Freakazoid, Tiny Toons, Nick!Toons and Cartoon! Cartoons that would get by today, particularly the Fingerprints/Finger Prince joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xmAC9Qu908

I watched Freakazoid a few weeks ago they low key snuck ? in there too and the Cave guy had me crying with his snobbish intelliect lol.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    One of my favorite episodes was them creating their own superhero versions when it was raining or some ? and Buttercup became a spawn type hero. The boogeyman episode used to creep me and my cousin out when we were little lol.

cs

9daa0f563079701b89d90df221014e35.jpg

Mange.jpg
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Didn't one of the voice die recently (also played Dexter). CN ain't ? .

Yea the woman that voiced Dexter and Chucky from The Rugrats
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MoJo Jojo was the goat
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    YAAAAASSSSSS!

sofa.jpg

definetly your favorite character

nah Im team Buttercup

nah but f'real Buttercup was a G, she was to the squad what Raphael was to the Ninja Turtles
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yep my 2nd favorite cartoon when i was a kid 1st is DBZ.
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yep my 2nd favorite cartoon when i was a kid 1st is DBZ.

Never seen either
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Wish they'd bring back Ed,Edd n Eddy, those ? stayed hustlin...

All for some ? jawbreakers lmaooo
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now bring back Dextar's Lab too or better make a Justice Friends spin off
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Young Justice or nothing...I remember the last episode of Young Justice they all had a fight in that big ass cave. Nightwing put them hands on ? that whole episode
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YAAAAASSSSSS!

[img]http://troll.me/images/creepy-? -wonka/you-wanna-know-how-i-know-youre-? .jpg[/img]

88741564_640.jpg

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man ? all that bring back Young Justice

Won't happen.

Toys/merch didn't sell well, which helped support the show. When that failed, so did YJ and Gargoyles.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Need that Samurai Jack New show and movie
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    They are going to water down all the kick assness that the ppgs handed out to villains and up the gayness of characters like him. They'll probably lower the goatness of Mojojo too smh.

I ? HATE THIS NEW GENERATION bruh. Yall seen the new Teen Titans???? And wtf is up with these new weird ? ass acid shows???? Rasing our future children to be ? and cowards bruh,.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smash Ms.Bellum, they better bring her back
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout out Samurai Jack
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know a chicken who look just like MOJO Jojo. We used to call her that in middle school that nickname still sticks today ten years later.