Thoughts on what john legend said

Options
Max.
Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
"We live in the most incarcerated country in the world .. there are more black men under correctional control today than there were under slavery in 1850."

Comments

• Max.
    Options
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats America for you.

The US holds 1/4 of the world's prison population despite only having about 5% of the world's total population.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he didn't go far enough. We all know that fact, he should have added that it's by design from the powers that be.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Props

How are him and kanye cool...he's out here saying this at award dhows and kanye trying to sell his soul to be a fashionista?

Because 10 or so years ago Kanye would've been saying some equally powerful ? . I don't know what the hell happened to that dude.
  • Max.
    Options
    Lol @ mods moving this to fashion forward sub forum

Naw ill move it back to GNS
  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prison Industrial Complex
  • Moore7s
    Moore7s Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know j legends schedule but I hope his music reflects such an awareness and I look forward to seeing him teach our youth to keep them out of the system he's speaking against.

If not...his words mean nothing
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Moore7s wrote: »

His words meant everything especially on the platform he said them on. I literally was shaking my head and applauding that speech 'cos it was unexpected and famous Black celebrities these days are too shook to speak their minds especially where race is concerned ..

The audience he said it to was roughly 95% Caucasian
  • Moore7s
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

His words meant everything especially on the platform he said them on. I literally was shaking my head and applauding that speech 'cos it was unexpected and famous Black celebrities these days are too shook to speak their minds especially where race is concerned ..

That's fine and well but those white people know what the deal is.

Michael Moore and his type have spoken on this.

We need mechanisms to assist and sustain our own. J Legend has a few strings that might help.

Let's see if his actions match his words
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We need mechanisms to assist and sustain our own. J Legend has a few strings that might help.

Michael Moore is White though and a 'leftie'..

And you have no idea if Legend is doing work that isn't publicly acknowledged. ..
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chiyosuke wrote: »
    Props

How are him and kanye cool...he's out here saying this at award dhows and kanye trying to sell his soul to be a fashionista?

Because 10 or so years ago Kanye would've been saying some equally powerful ? . I don't know what the hell happened to that dude.

They sent a white woman with a phat ass...."? kryptonite"
  • Moore7s
    Options

Michael Moore is White though and a 'leftie'..

And you have no idea if Legend is doing work that isn't publicly acknowledged. ..

I started all of this with "I don't know his schedule"

It's cool though fam. Im optimistic about how it all plays out
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know j legends schedule but I hope his music reflects such an awareness and I look forward to seeing him teach our youth to keep them out of the system he's speaking against.

Its always these goofy conscience ? . they complain n complain.then when ? spit the real, they come through with goofy quotes.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    Props

So you and all ya friends have the same thoughts, ideas, and feel the same way about everything huh?

A whole pack of ? ?

Copper don't have any ? friends

Or friends that wait in the rain for unattainable ?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SugaBuga wrote: »
    chiyosuke wrote: »
    Props

They sent a white woman with a phat ass...."? kryptonite"

True dat. Well at least she inspired MBDTF before he went completely off the deep end