Options
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo again this is like the superbowl of boxing

Could you imagine if they did a promo during the superbowl

they may have doubled whatever revenue they generated for this fight

but as far as the fight is concerned, its whatever

you are not going to satisfy ANYONE in this fight, regardless of the outcome

Mayweather win, oh manny was over the hill, he didn't face the pacquiao that was at his best (which was after cotto)

If somehow Pacquiao pulls a W out of his ass, they'll be like oh but mayweather was past his prime, you beat a 38 year old mayweather

However you want to spin this fight, bragging rights don't exist for this fight

Probably for those investors, promoters and maybe mayweather by finally saying he took care of pacquiao and he got the biggest purse in the sport's history

Either way, this fight is finally happening and as a boxer, and a boxing fan

Thank ? it is
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if kahn was smart he'll fight kell brook asap n get that ibf title after floyd snatches mannys wbo he might want to unify the belts n retire undisputed so kahn might get a shot that way
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-pacquiao-wbc-creating-special-belt--87847

They're creating a special wbc belt for the fight

in other words - more sanction fees in their pockets and confusion for the fans
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/382043-provodnikov-on-matthysse-bout-90-percent-it-ends-in-knockout

VL – When the fight ends, who do you envision will be one standing with his arm raised?

Provodnikov – I cannot answer how I think this fight will end except to tell you that It will either be him or me that gets hurt and probably hurt very badly. I understand this and have come to accept that I might not be able to walk out of the ring on my own. That’s just one reality. I accept his challenge because it’s in my nature to do this and take this risk. I am confident in myself and my ability. My punches are shorter and faster than his. That’s my plus. I will keep this fight in short distance and catch him.

Interview with Provodnikov. Good read. @ the bolded. This ? is ready to die in that ring with Matthysse. Shows the level of respect he has for Matthysse punching power.
  • Mastery
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    B-vJCreVEAADFcX.jpg

Yo GGG is trolling Cotto in hopes he fights him because of it. I hope that ? work too haha I'd love to see that fight.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wall wrote: »
    Mayweather Sr. newest poem lol

People's been sayin' all along that Floyd didn't wanna fight 
    But they will all see on that night

Floyd is guaranteed to excite, ignite, and rewrite history 
    There will be no question or mystery

Manny might have lost his way
    After sleeping on the canvas the other day

My son's future is very bright
    Manny's looks more like night night

lol
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aka_OG wrote: »
    http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-pacquiao-wbc-creating-special-belt--87847

They're creating a special wbc belt for the fight

in other words - more sanction fees in their pockets and confusion for the fans

wtf is this
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    B-vJCreVEAADFcX.jpg

Yo GGG is trolling Cotto in hopes he fights him because of it. I hope that ? work too haha I'd love to see that fight.

I thought you was a Cotto fan
  • Mastery
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    B-vJCreVEAADFcX.jpg

I'm a boxing fan first ? , not a boxer fan first like yo ass lol
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    B-vJCreVEAADFcX.jpg

Aight so the same way u said before that mayweather shouldn't have to fight 154 lber's who blow up fight night, neither should cotto lol
    this fight make no sense for cotto
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cotto gets a voluntary defense first so its more than likely going to be Bradley
  • R.D.
    Options
    B-vJCreVEAADFcX.jpg

Canelo is boxing
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ain't going have a choice but to watch it on PPV

The actual event not even for boxing fans really

These ? making sure they break the revenue record

Look at this pessimistic ass point of view.

Even if after the tickets Floyd, Manny and Arum hold for themselves are all bought by scalpers at face value ? the record is going to be broken. So that ? you saying doesn't affect fans getting tickets or not.

Floyd, Manny nor Arum gets any money off the resale mark-up the scalpers put on the tickets once they get them and put them on ? like stubhub. So once the tickets are bought by whom ever the record gets broken.

I have 3 shots of getting tickets for face value or close to face value before I even have to think about buying a scalpers ticket.

I'm just hoping one of those shots works out in my favor.
  • R.D.
    Options
    Bruh I ain't even read past the 1st paragraph

The tickets are not available to the public

That's all that needs to be said

Face value what they charging ain't worth it
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Bruh I ain't even read past the 1st paragraph

The tickets are not available to the public

That's all that needs to be said

Face value what they charging ain't worth it

How you know the bold for a fact?

That is your opinion
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Besides all your negativity ? I have a great reason to think positive.

At 12:01 this morning weed became legal in my city ? all ? you talking!!!
  • Mastery
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    Aight so the same way u said before that mayweather shouldn't have to fight 154 lber's who blow up fight night, neither should cotto lol
    ? Cotto is the MAN at 160 after beating Martinez. Period. Newsflash ? : Mayweather already fought two 154 lber's who blew up in weight on fight night. Like I said, boxing fan first.

You ? is pig headed as ? . Clearly I'm not talking about what best for the fighter. I shouldn't have to explain that as a fan o would love to see GGG vs Cotto, and Mayweather vs GGG, to boot. ? what you talking about.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @wall on that sauce today

watching cotto die in the ring aint good for boxing, its good for no one but GGG

were it to come to fruition, of course I would watch the massacre.
  • R.D.
    Options
    ? Cotto is the MAN at 160 after beating Martinez. Period. Newsflash ? : Mayweather already fought two 154 lber's who blew up in weight on fight night. Like I said, boxing fan first.

You ? is pig headed as ? . Clearly I'm not talking about what best for the fighter. I shouldn't have to explain that as a fan o would love to see GGG vs Cotto, and Mayweather vs GGG, to boot. ? what you talking about.
    ? you ? lol

When I said I would love to see Mayweather go out against GGG, you ? were offended I suggested they fight
  • Mastery
    Options
    ? you forgot I ended up saying I would be in favor of that fight as well, just to see if Mayweather could pull it off.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

? you ? lol

When I said I would love to see Mayweather go out against GGG, you ? were offended I suggested they fight

still offended, foh