Pres. Barry slams Ferguson bias, but says it's not 'typical'...

Options

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? cowards.
    Go tell a Jew "not all nazis"...
    ?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ImeWd5gFTo
    this is the system u naggers defend... #notallDEAagents
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I don't think Obama should've said not all cops are racists etc. that goes without saying. Him making that comment is just his way to placate both sides. ? that just focus on the Ferguson PD and their ? .
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has a point, not every police officer out out there is trying to ? unarmed black men. It would be irresponsible of him to even make that a point.

you right... but the media (and history) has programmed lots of blacks to "not be happy unless they are not happy" so anything that does not condone us being the " poster child for being the whooping stick" of america..some blacks get mad...

blacks don't talk about the fact that in Michigan that white dude that killed 12 year old boy got time.... or the fact that the man that shot up the car because of loud music and the black kid got killed got time... we do get justice sometimes it's just we dwell on when we don't more than when we do...

What?

The behavior of law enforcement officials and the documented racial biases that exist within our crimimal justice system is what drives/fuels black mistrust of the law ...Not the media

In regards to the police in particular.... Blacks, Latinos have real, concrete gripes with law enforcement from the LAPD to NYPD

For decades we have been the target of racist police practices that has lead to the unnecessary deaths, incarceration of too many people

And while it may sound naive, we would like the political leaders, who we elect to represent us, to at least acknowledge that there is a problem. And the problem is systemic. Especially when there is documented proof of such

Even police themselves say misconduct is remarkably widespread. I posted this before but a recent Department of Justice study revealed that a whopping 84 % of police officers report that they’ve seen colleagues use excessive force on civilians, and 61 % admit they don’t always report “even serious criminal violations that involve abuse of authority by fellow officers.”

So for anyone, especially a blk president, to keep up this lie that a overwhelming majority of police men are these stand up guys who generally use their authority in a trustworthy manner only helps to preserve a world where police officers can ? , brutalize blk people without consequence

And for that, Obama deserves criticism... He is a politician, but his inaction, silence impacts our well being

We can't let him off the hook bruh

bruh you wrote all that for nothing.... I'm not saying that the ? don't happen.. I'm saying that the media plays on the fact that we have a "whipping child" mentality... we dwell more on the injustices and completely disregard when we get justice... we should be just as happy and show just as much emotion when we see things go our way as we do when it doesn't.

My point is we are the whipping child, bruh

And we tend to dwell on misjustices more than the justices ...because for one they're misjustices, and secondly, the misjustices out number the instances where we treated as valued members of society

No need to celebrate or protest in the streets when the right people are put behind bars

bruh you have to celebrate the justices as much as the injustices. reason being lots of white people who are not racist don't understand our plight but think us as blacks "cry wolf" alot... so they automatically go on the defensive.. if it becomes big news when we get justice then it will actually open their eyes to what we go through and they can see that " we not just protesting/ rioting/ talking for nothing"..

What?

Expound, bruh

I'm still not following you

We have video footage, anecdotal evidence, and boatloads of data that not only suggest but proves that police brutality is a systemic problem that disproportionately impacts blks, Latinos....Yet a significant portion of white America still don't believe that there is a problem

I don't see how blacks celebrating when we are treated as equals/human beings is going to magically open their eyes to reality

• Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has a point, not every police officer out there is trying to ? unarmed black men. It would be irresponsible of him to even make that a point.

But all cops work for those higher ups that couldnt care less about us.
    This is not always true either.. I've worked for a boss who was very pro-civilian... to the point they would doubt the cops and check everything they did..

You just need to stop. Your posts are redundant, uninformative, filled with moot points, and are just generally dumb, while ofttimes bordering on what could be classified as Stockholm Syndrome. Da ? they teach you in the military? How to be a whipping boy?

Cops suck, white people suck, white cops suck even more, and people that defend any or all of the above suck the most. Are there exceptions to these generalizations? Of course. That's why Obama making these statements can be seen as completely arbitrary, and nothing more than typical political hogwash where he placates the black community and reassures the white.

And you in here talkin bout "celebrating the justices" as if being afforded basic human rights is a privilege, and not just what muthafuckas with morals should do. Smh. Again I ask: Wtf is wrong with you? That defeatist mentality reeks of bitchassness.

IDGAF if some white baby boomers and silver spoon fed bratty white kids think we're crying because we keep getting murked at a disproportionate rate. ? them ? . Get off our ? and we won't complain. Simple as that.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has a point, not every police officer out out there is trying to ? unarmed black men. It would be irresponsible of him to even make that a point.

you right... but the media (and history) has programmed lots of blacks to "not be happy unless they are not happy" so anything that does not condone us being the " poster child for being the whooping stick" of america..some blacks get mad...

blacks don't talk about the fact that in Michigan that white dude that killed 12 year old boy got time.... or the fact that the man that shot up the car because of loud music and the black kid got killed got time... we do get justice sometimes it's just we dwell on when we don't more than when we do...

What?

The behavior of law enforcement officials and the documented racial biases that exist within our crimimal justice system is what drives/fuels black mistrust of the law ...Not the media

In regards to the police in particular.... Blacks, Latinos have real, concrete gripes with law enforcement from the LAPD to NYPD

For decades we have been the target of racist police practices that has lead to the unnecessary deaths, incarceration of too many people

And while it may sound naive, we would like the political leaders, who we elect to represent us, to at least acknowledge that there is a problem. And the problem is systemic. Especially when there is documented proof of such

Even police themselves say misconduct is remarkably widespread. I posted this before but a recent Department of Justice study revealed that a whopping 84 % of police officers report that they’ve seen colleagues use excessive force on civilians, and 61 % admit they don’t always report “even serious criminal violations that involve abuse of authority by fellow officers.”

So for anyone, especially a blk president, to keep up this lie that a overwhelming majority of police men are these stand up guys who generally use their authority in a trustworthy manner only helps to preserve a world where police officers can ? , brutalize blk people without consequence

And for that, Obama deserves criticism... He is a politician, but his inaction, silence impacts our well being

bruh you wrote all that for nothing.... I'm not saying that the ? don't happen.. I'm saying that the media plays on the fact that we have a "whipping child" mentality... we dwell more on the injustices and completely disregard when we get justice... we should be just as happy and show just as much emotion when we see things go our way as we do when it doesn't.

My point is we are the whipping child, bruh

And we tend to dwell on misjustices more than the justices ...because for one they're misjustices, and secondly, the misjustices out number the instances where we treated as valued members of society

No need to celebrate or protest in the streets when the right people are put behind bars

bruh you have to celebrate the justices as much as the injustices. reason being lots of white people who are not racist don't understand our plight but think us as blacks "cry wolf" alot... so they automatically go on the defensive.. if it becomes big news when we get justice then it will actually open their eyes to what we go through and they can see that " we not just protesting/ rioting/ talking for nothing"..

What?

Expound, bruh

I'm still not following you

We have video footage, anecdotal evidence, and boatloads of data that not only suggest but proves that police brutality is a systemic problem that disproportionately impacts blks, Latinos....Yet a significant portion of white America still don't believe that there is a problem

I don't see how blacks celebrating when we are treated as equals/human beings is going to magically open their eyes to reality

along with any minority if you always talking about how " wrong" you are treated whether it be true or not it starts to fall on deaf ears... we all do this to our demographics... case in point women who cry about " domestic violence issues" have been doing this for years but it's still to the point where it gets attention for a month or so then back to the same ol same ol... yet if these same females condemned when men are victims of domestic violence then they might get more of a talking point when the ? happens to women...
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    He has a point, not every police officer out there is trying to ? unarmed black men. It would be irresponsible of him to even make that a point.

This is not always true either.. I've worked for a boss who was very pro-civilian... to the point they would doubt the cops and check everything they did..

You just need to stop. Your posts are redundant, uninformative, filled with moot points, and are just generally dumb, while ofttimes bordering on what could be classified as Stockholm Syndrome. Da ? they teach you in the military? How to be a whipping boy?

Cops suck, white people suck, white cops suck even more, and people that defend any or all of the above suck the most. Are there exceptions to these generalizations? Of course. That's why Obama making these statements can be seen as completely arbitrary, and nothing more than typical political hogwash where he placates the black community and reassures the white.

And you in here talkin bout "celebrating the justices" as if being afforded basic human rights is a privilege, and not just what muthafuckas with morals should do. Smh. Again I ask: Wtf is wrong with you? That defeatist mentality reeks of bitchassness.

IDGAF if some white baby boomers and silver spoon fed bratty white kids think we're crying because we keep getting murked at a disproportionate rate. ? them ? . Get off our ? and we won't complain. Simple as that.

wtf? this post is exactly why we are in the situation we are in. if we celebrated more of our justices it would actually show a better view of our world as well as our injustices... ? case in point we all know that the 80's and 90's were WAY worse than it is now crime wise.. yet most people take those old situations and apply them now to the point they think it is worse now than then.. getting angry and saying all that ? ? ain't gone help our situation... and bruh I'm far from feeling defeated... I'm not saying kiss ass or anything I'm saying you can't win or Change anything by looking at things from one side Especially if your side is always getting the short end of the stick..
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

wtf? this post is exactly why we are in the situation we are in. if we celebrated more of our justices it would actually show a better view of our world as well as our injustices... ? case in point we all know that the 80's and 90's were WAY worse than it is now crime wise.. yet most people take those old situations and apply them now to the point they think it is worse now than then.. getting angry and saying all that ? ? ain't gone help our situation... and bruh I'm far from feeling defeated... I'm not saying kiss ass or anything I'm saying you can't win or Change anything by looking at things from one side Especially if your side is always getting the short end of the stick..

I gathered absolutely nothing of value from this post. Well, that's not entirely true. I gathered that you think we should be grateful when those who commit crimes with bias and impunity against black people are rightfully punished. No ? . See? Redundant and unnecessary.

I also gather that I should end this little back and forth here seeing as how I'm talking to someone who isn't very intelligent and exhibits passive behavior. Good day, sir. Feel free to have your extra X chromosomes on full display with your upcoming posts, Klinefelter.

• cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wading again into the racially charged debate that has polarized much of the country since the shooting, Mr. Obama said there was not sufficient evidence to file federal civil rights charges against Darren Wilson, the officer who shot Michael Brown, 18, and later left the Ferguson police force amid protests held across the nation.

“Officer Wilson, like anybody else who is charged with a crime, benefits from due process and reasonable-doubt standards,” Mr. Obama said during a town hall-style meeting at Benedict College, a historically black school here. “And if there is uncertainty about what happened, then we can’t just charge him anyway because what happened was a tragedy.”

Pointing to Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr., who traveled with him here on Friday, Mr. Obama said that he would “stand behind” the decision. The Justice Department produced an 86-page report based on the testimony of more than 40 witnesses, which largely corroborated or found little credible evidence to contradict Mr. Wilson’s version of what happened the day he killed Mr. Brown last August. A state grand jury has also declined to charge Mr. Wilson.

The people above Obama (the ones responsible for him becoming President), are the ones pushing for the chaos we currently see.

During the course of the protests in Ferguson, there were individuals with little to no legal experience finding flaws in the arguments put forth by the police department; prosecutor Bob McCulloch; reporters for the St. Louis Post Dispatch; and elected officials like Jeff Roorda backing Darren Wilson.

Reporter Christine Byers tweeted this:

That tweet from Byers came nine days after Brown was killed (on August 9th); no incident report had been filed; and the TRUE identity of Darren Wilson was still in question. Byers wasn't even covering Ferguson at the time since she was (by her own admission) on FMLA (Family and Medical Leave).

It would be impossible for a dozen witnesses to corroborate "the cop's version of events" at that time (as she states in her tweet), when everything about him was shrouded in secrecy (his name wasn't known yet, he fled from the neighboring city with his family shortly thereafter, and deleted social media postings), every witness (for either side) had yet to come forward, and Wilson didn't officially give "his side" until his appearance before a Grand Jury on September 16th.

So when the Justice Department and its "best and brightest" attorneys and investigators with infinitely more investigative tools at their disposal than local and national protesters, state that they found "no wrongdoings on behalf of the Wilson" in Michael Brown's death (despite there being questions about the validity of the statements issued by a key witness for Wilson) http://gawker.com/darren-wilsons-key-witness-was-bipolar-racist-liar-1671681384 is it wrong to conclude that their investigation was never intended to ensure justice in the first place? It was only for show.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL. a person in the office of president even speaking on police inpropriety. quote another recent president doing so.
    that in itself is a big deal.
  • damobb2deep
    Options

I gathered absolutely nothing of value from this post. Well, that's not entirely true. I gathered that you think we should be grateful when those who commit crimes with bias and impunity against black people are rightfully punished. No ? . See? Redundant and unnecessary.

I also gather that I should end this little back and forth here seeing as how I'm talking to someone who isn't very intelligent and exhibits passive behavior. Good day, sir. Feel free to have your extra X chromosomes on full display with your upcoming posts, Klinefelter.

Well Idgaf what you have gathered from my post it's my opinion and it's how I see things of you wanna be on some fake smart ? Googling big words like we in a spelling bee go head I'm guessing you borderline trolling. ..
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? cowards.
    Go tell a Jew "not all nazis"...
    ?

Yo lol I always say that when it comes on to black people its oh its not that bad or get over it and blah blah, but those phrases will never be used in regards to the Jews and their plight
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What?

This here, people, is a straight wifey material post.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    LOL. a person in the office of president even speaking on police inpropriety. quote another recent president doing so.

Fools didn't pay attention to politics until Obama took office. They think this ? is the norm lol! Wait till another racist cac is in office..
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    People calling Obama is snake is crazy, he helped Holder expose all the Ferguson politicians, judges who fixed tickets, arrested people for no reason and fed the prison industrial complex.

The one problem obviously, that he just couldn't find enough evidence to convict Wilson of anything. Certainly none for civil rights violation. The Feds gave ya'll everything except the Wilson conviction and ya'll wanna say snakes.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    Batman. wrote: »
    People calling Obama is snake is crazy, he helped Holder expose all the Ferguson politicians, judges who fixed tickets, arrested people for no reason and fed the prison industrial complex.

The one problem obviously, that he just couldn't find enough evidence to convict Wilson of anything. Certainly none for civil rights violation. The Feds gave ya'll everything except the Wilson conviction and ya'll wanna say snakes.

gave? gave us?
    u mean they did their jobs? barely? only after international protests.
    and we have yet to see what the outcome of the report will be. 2 or 3 ppl got fired so far... perhaps the bar should be raised.
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

gave? gave us?
    and we have yet to see what the outcome of the report will be. 2 or 3 ppl got fired so far... perhaps the bar should be raised.

Offering concrete evidence is huge, it's possible civil suits are in order for residents.
  • Huey_C
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »
    bignorm wrote: »

Regan gave mufuckas ? , Clinton stole jobs from American people, bush lied and got thousands of Americans killed but Obama is the snake. ..riiiiight
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options

gave? gave us?

Offering concrete evidence is huge, it's possible civil suits are in order for residents.

oh
    more wishful thinking... ok...
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the coalition that the black caucus must build to get change at state and federal level:

Quote from The Atlantic:

The Department of Justice threatens defendants with dozens of federal charges that could put them behind bars for decades unless they accept plea deals and avoid a trial, a punishment for trying to defend themselves. Department of Justice prosecutors, working with other agencies like the IRS, seize assets from Americans and resist giving it back even when there's little evidence such Americans have done anything wrong. The DOJ engages in a lot of the same misbehavior found in the Ferguson system of justice—it's just not motivated by race.

Even though the Department of Justice may attack Ferguson's revenue-generating, they are quick to defend the role of their own "Equitable Sharing Program," which encourages law enforcement agencies to seize property and assets by allowing the agencies to keep 80 percent of what they take in the program.

A White House report crafted in the wake of the shooting of Michael Brown and the police's militarized response to protests defended the program, along with others, as "valuable and have provided state and local law enforcement with needed assistance as they carry out their critical missions in helping to keep the American people safe." Attorney General nominee Loretta Lynch defended asset forfeiture as a useful tool for law enforcement at a Senate hearing.
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    Ferguson's police department participates in this federal program. According to research by The Washington Post, the city has spent more than $100,000 on equipment and weapons paid for with assets seized by police in Ferguson (this also means the federal government has also received money from law enforcement activities in the community as well). The DOJ's press office has not returned calls to find out whether Ferguson would be booted from the program due to its behavior. Ferguson officials have said they will attempt to settle with the Department of Justice, not fight, so probably not. The DOJ has only cut off access to the Equitable Sharing Program to a handful of law enforcement agencies. One of them, Maricopa County in Arizona, is infamous for resistance to attempts by the DOJ to reform the way it deals with immigrants and Latino citizens. It's easy to look at the program and see the DOJ using access to its funds as a carrot/stick to influence the behavior of local law enforcement agencies. This is not inherently a bad thing, but all of this knowledge about how the DOJ operates should cause anybody to look askance at the agency's credibility when it comes to evaluating the accessibility of fiscal propriety of any justice system in the country.

For that matter, the DOJ, just like Ferguson, brags about the millions—billions—of dollars it brings in from settlements and enforcement activities in its annual reports. They put out press releases and hold press conferences. The difference may be that its targets are often rich corporations (but not always, as their actions against a small Long Island vending business shows). The DOJ and state-level prosecutors are looking for big paydays, too, to help bolster the budgets of the governments they serve. My story in Reason's April issue, titled "The Settlement Shakedown," helps explain how this all works out (It's available online now to digital subscribers).

None of this is to dismiss what is clearly racist animus by the people in power in Ferguson. But if every victim described in the DOJ report on Ferguson had been white and the racist comments and e-mails hadn't happened, these incidents would still have been huge violations of the rights of the citizens. Many would argue that these incidents wouldn't have happened at all absent the racial component. I cannot possibly say they're wrong. Every single government in the country is driven to bring in revenue to perpetuate itself, and their targets will most likely be those who will have the hardest times protecting or defending themselves. This often means poor minorities and immigrants, but don't confuse the symptoms with the cause. Racism just one sorting tool for governments to decide who they're going to plunder.

http://reason.com/blog/2015/03/06/how-the-doj-contributed-to-the-awful-fer
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ppl like you and others gotta cut this ? out. Obama knew this wasn't gonna go to trial and Holder knew the DOJ wasn't gonna pursue ? . They played this ? out and waited till things died down THEN decided a announcement. The whole tickets, racist practices w/ the Ferguson PD is a ? consolation prize for letting that racist cop walk. They are tryna save face. Obama don't give a ? about black ppl no more than Bush. The cops are more of a priority than unarmed african americans they are murdering. Again, ? are still gettin murdered. What exactly is he exposing?
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I assure u that the system is designed to imprison and ? blacks... it has always been that way.
    "not all cops" is a weak man's crutch... "not all nazis"... "not all slave owners"... foh with that defeated cowardly ? .
    it doesn't have to be every ? cop. every cop, judge, lawyer, and clerk in Ferguson isn't a racist out to oppress blacks there, but guess what? they are apart of that machine just the same.
    he could easily say "this country is full of corrupt CJ officials" without indicted every individual.
    smarten up.
    we all know the way the system is designed... but saying "not all cops.. lawyers... judges ect" is right because their are lots of those people who want change... but you have to see it from their point of view their job (cops anyway) is a hard job.. i was one for 5 years.. i know their are close minded crooked cops... i also know their are close minded civilians as well.. you don't know who you gonna run into ( cop or civilian) so both sides are on edge.. yes if a crooked cop does wrong he should be punished... but to generalize all cops is just as wrong as it is to generalize all blacks..

i thought you was a vicelord ? , now you was a military cop, da ?
  • Huey_C
    Options
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »
    I assure u that the system is designed to imprison and ? blacks... it has always been that way.
    "not all cops" is a weak man's crutch... "not all nazis"... "not all slave owners"... foh with that defeated cowardly ? .
    it doesn't have to be every ? cop. every cop, judge, lawyer, and clerk in Ferguson isn't a racist out to oppress blacks there, but guess what? they are apart of that machine just the same.
    he could easily say "this country is full of corrupt CJ officials" without indicted every individual.
    smarten up.
    we all know the way the system is designed... but saying "not all cops.. lawyers... judges ect" is right because their are lots of those people who want change... but you have to see it from their point of view their job (cops anyway) is a hard job.. i was one for 5 years.. i know their are close minded crooked cops... i also know their are close minded civilians as well.. you don't know who you gonna run into ( cop or civilian) so both sides are on edge.. yes if a crooked cop does wrong he should be punished... but to generalize all cops is just as wrong as it is to generalize all blacks..

i thought you was a vicelord ? , now you was a military cop, da ?

Just saying MP's ain't ? like civilian cops
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    Pathway is clear, Senate Dems and Republicans should have a bill that increases the requirement for asset seizures, reduces military equipment given to municipalities and random audits by DOJ of police departments. But this is wishful thinking. One side will ignore asset seizures and the other will ignore racial bias.