Mother Holding A Shotgun Forced Her Son To Jump Out Of Building

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
hghg.jpg

32-year-old Michelle Vail, from St. Petersburg, Florida, is being charged with one count of aggravated child abuse after wielding a shotgun and convincing her 7-year-old son, Oscar Vail, that there were serial killers after them and that they needed to jump out of the window – on the 2nd floor – to survive.

Police received a 911 call from Ms. Vail at approximately 6 am, claiming that her ex-boyfriend was at the door and that she was scared he was going to ? her. She also told them she was armed. When officers arrived at the scene, Vail wouldn’t let them in. She didn’t believe they were actually police officers.

Police noted that she seemed mentally unstable and distraught. “She was babbling incoherently. None of it made any sense,” St. Petersburg Police Department spokeswoman Yolanda Fernandez said.

Officers then heard glass break and could see Michelle had a shotgun and was slamming it into a door and a wall. But when they heard 7-year-old Oscar scream, they knocked the door down. They tried to reach the back room in time, but Michelle and her son had already jumped – the child being sent out first.

Police have determined it to be a failed suicide attempt on Michelle’s part.

They’ve both been taken to a hospital, where her son is in stable condition but being kept for observation, while Ms. Vail’s injuries have been described as superficial.

The Department of Children and Families has been contacted to arrange custody for Oscar upon his release. The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office Child Protection Investigation Division is now investigating.

265C341800000578-2981055-image-a-5_1425589449818.jpg

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crazy ass ? .

Lil Oscar ready for just about anything now tho lol.

Smash da ting.
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smashable crazy chicks are WOAT, but i could handle that jump with style, my state be staying on some CRAZY. It's the aquifers and the droughts poisoning the water table, and some sort of cluster ? of bad karma that lingers in the EVERYTHING. Wouldn't trade it though, I love my state, though I do talk a little ? 'bout it from time to time.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    REV_RAGE wrote: »
    Smashable crazy chicks are WOAT, but i could handle that jump with style, my state be staying on some CRAZY. It's the aquifers and the droughts poisoning the water table, and some sort of cluster ? of bad karma that lingers in the EVERYTHING. Wouldn't trade it though, I love my state, though I do talk a little ? 'bout it from time to time.

tumblr_m54detYW4k1r270ozo1_r1_250.gif
  • antoseeg
    antoseeg Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Options

suicide from that window? Smh everybody in this story need they ass beat. Including the police.

The only people saying it was a suicide attempt are the police. The woman said that her ex-boyfriend was outside threatening to break in and murder somebody. When the police got to her place, they tried to break in the way her ex-boyfriend said he would, so the woman thought that it was her ex-boyfriend trying to trick her into opening the door by saying he was a cop. According to the kid, the mom told him that a killer was after them and that they needed to jump out the window in order to escape.

What we have here is a case of lazy police work. The police didn't even see the woman jump from the window. For all we know, the woman was scared to death, grabbed her son, and jumped with him in her arms, and took the brunt of the landing herself. According to other news outlets, the kid only had superficial injuries. He's only being kept in the hospital as a precaution, and because the police won't let the mom have him.

According to the report, when the police arrived and didn't see anybody, they immediately went to door. They didn't check out the neighborhood to see if the ex-boyfriend was in the area, or check DMV records to find out what kind of car the ex-boyfriend was driving and then put out alerts to see if his vehicle was in the area. If everything that the police have done is in this report, then the police haven't even talked to the ex-boyfriend yet.

The doctor who checked the mom out at the hospital didn't declare her mentally unstable after checking her out. But the police spokeswoman is putting out reports saying that the woman is mentally unstable. The police are speculating about the mom's mental state.

The fact of the matter is, statistics show that police rarely offer any real help when it comes to domestic violence situations. Every year there are multiple women that get killed by men that they have been calling the police on for months, sometimes years. And most police also don't know how to deal with panicked people; this is why people can call the cops for help, run out to them when they arrive, and get shot without the police ever realizing that their not being attacked till the person that called for help is dead and in handcuffs.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im definitely hittin that once...but thats it.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    antoseeg wrote: »

suicide from that window? Smh everybody in this story need they ass beat. Including the police.

The only people saying it was a suicide attempt are the police. The woman said that her ex-boyfriend was outside threatening to break in and murder somebody. When the police got to her place, they tried to break in the way her ex-boyfriend said he would, so the woman thought that it was her ex-boyfriend trying to trick her into opening the door by saying he was a cop. According to the kid, the mom told him that a killer was after them and that they needed to jump out the window in order to escape.

What we have here is a case of lazy police work. The police didn't even see the woman jump from the window. For all we know, the woman was scared to death, grabbed her son, and jumped with him in her arms, and took the brunt of the landing herself. According to other news outlets, the kid only had superficial injuries. He's only being kept in the hospital as a precaution, and because the police won't let the mom have him.

According to the report, when the police arrived and didn't see anybody, they immediately went to door. They didn't check out the neighborhood to see if the ex-boyfriend was in the area, or check DMV records to find out what kind of car the ex-boyfriend was driving and then put out alerts to see if his vehicle was in the area. If everything that the police have done is in this report, then the police haven't even talked to the ex-boyfriend yet.

The doctor who checked the mom out at the hospital didn't declare her mentally unstable after checking her out. But the police spokeswoman is putting out reports saying that the woman is mentally unstable. The police are speculating about the mom's mental state.

The fact of the matter is, statistics show that police rarely offer any real help when it comes to domestic violence situations. Every year there are multiple women that get killed by men that they have been calling the police on for months, sometimes years. And most police also don't know how to deal with panicked people; this is why people can call the cops for help, run out to them when they arrive, and get shot without the police ever realizing that their not being attacked till the person that called for help is dead and in handcuffs.

So shes not crazy and i can smash?