Damon Dash At The Breakfast Club (Dame Wilds Out)

Options

Comments

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I forgot Dame went to boarding school (as did puff) and wasnt the street dude he makes out these days, he hung around them thats about it... Yet Puff 10x more gangster and rich!!! In the interview with Sway he (dame) said he outright said he sold ? lol If people sold drugs, they wouldnt (outright) say that in a public domain, it just doesnt even feel right typing that schitt and snitching on yourself (unless you have actually been arrested for it)...

Im gonna check the videos and links out later, good looks...

Once you have committed the crime and got away with it...who cares if you admit to it?...Unless of course it's an unsolved murder you admitting to...lol

Jay sits in the WH with Obama after releasing a book claiming he lost 96,000 bricks...nobody gives a ? .
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I find it funny, that dame goes on sway in the morning and power 105 and son
    both stations, but he aint do a interview with hot97.....

now im not a fan of hot97, power 105and sway entertains me more, but i cant
    deny that ebro can hold his own in debates, would of love to see

dame and ebro go at it......

something tells me dame aint want no parts with ebro
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »
    (Nope) wrote: »
    Would you rather have a boss and make $5mil a year and not worry once you leave the office... Or be your own boss and make $500k and take home the pressures of owning your business...
    This is the trap. Everybody isn't built to be an entrepreneur though. I would also like to point out that the most vulnerable people(Black) are the most dependent on employment by people outside of it's group and have the least amount of self own businesses. The two issues seem to correlate.

L.O.S.T. wrote: »
    He contradicts himself. He said when he made paid in full he had to ask to put Cam in the movie. If he had to ask then he wasn't a boss. When he was with rocafella regardless of what he says he had someone dictating what he does and cutting him a check.

You didn't listen. He said he does things himself now so he don't have to ask anybody for permission about personnel.

I can understand what Dame is saying, but I also disagree with alot of what hes saying... I ran a hydraulics depot before we sold up, and now Im a sports coach and work with disabled kids... So now technically I have a 'boss', although I do what a want to an extent as Im on casual pay... I still have the mentality that I wont be told what to do as I had all theses years of doing what I want... But technically I have a boss and earn ALOT less, but I dont care because Im doing what I like...

Yea but what you said was a huge flaw if entire groups live by it. I don't agree with everything Dame say but that point of yours actually made Dame Dash points stand out more.

@black caesar listen earlier today. Good discussion.

Not really bro, theres no point owning your own business unless your gonna be better off financially then if your working for someone else, or if the pros dont outweigh the cons... There is nothing wrong with working for someone and being financially secure, especially if you have a family and have big bills to pay...

But if your in a schitt job and want ago at working for yourself then hell yeah more power to anyone going for it... Im just saying if your in a great job like Sway or the Breakfast Club, why would they wanna leave and start up their own business, earn LESS money and a risk that if they suddenly dont cut it they have no contracts to fall back on???
    Job creators create economies. An economy is the control of resources to make profit, Owners do that not employees.

Define job creators, because if you are referring to supply-side or trickle down economics, you're wrong. Job creators create profits for themselves, labor surplus, and the illusion of labor surplus--so they can ? the poor with minimal risk.
    Capitalism is controlling resources and using others labor to enrich yourself and your community. Employers hire the employee, not the other way around. Now of course a labor force can have leverage but the top is still the owner and that's a different discussion.

When manufacturing left the U.S and went overseas, who caught it the Employers or the employees? Ask Detroit for the answer.

If the entire Black population is a labor class then that means the entire Black community can be laid off.

Regarding capitalism you're 100% right in theory, but that's not the way it's worked; e.g. Detroit, there was no emphasis on community. I'm biased here, as the term "job creator" seems to be a buzzword used by the billionaire class to justify their greed. However, if you're talking about a specific group of people with an emphasis on community--job creator isn't just a facade.
    Detroit dropped the ball. I talking about building an legit economy.

• hiphop12345
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    traestar wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »

Good ? bruh, salute this

Check this out too, I saw this recent on Quora:

Would you rather be CEO and sole owner of a 10 million dollar company or CEO and 10 percent owner of a 100 million dollar company, in terms of the lifestyle, security and options?

http://www.quora.com/Would-you-rather-be-CEO-and-sole-owner-of-a-10-million-dollar-company-or-CEO-and-10-percent-owner-of-a-100-million-dollar-company-in-terms-of-the-lifestyle-security-and-options/answer/Ron-Rule

Dam that's an interesting perspective.. I think the answer is pretty easy though.. you go with the 10% stake and then use the income and free time to have your other endeavors.
    Agree plus if you own 10% of a $100,000,000 company you most likely were only a business owner.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I find it funny, that dame goes on sway in the morning and power 105 and son
    both stations, but he aint do a interview with hot97.....

now im not a fan of hot97, power 105and sway entertains me more, but i cant
    deny that ebro can hold his own in debates, would of love to see

dame and ebro go at it......

something tells me dame aint want no parts with ebro

he already called out Ebro and asked to come up there and have a conversation

Ebro ducking him. Not the other way around
  • hiphop12345
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Can't take Dr Watkins seriously if he is not offering any type of solutions on how the young black man builds a business with no start up capital.

I only see two options. Go to the bank and beg the white man for a loan or go on the streets and distribute drugs to fellow blacks/rob and ? in order to get that start up money.

Which would you suggest Dr Watkins? You did state that it was kind of okay if you were offered/working for £20m and you then use that money to invest in yourself, your kids and the black community. But that contradicts your whole premise.

Help us Dr Watkins....how do we magic this start up money so we too, can be bosses and our sons are really OUR sons and not calling our bosses super heroes?

BTW...LOL @ anybody who teaches their kids that working for a living is anything more than just that....working for a living. The boss is not a super hero. He is a means to an end. I use him the same way he uses me.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the mind state/mentality of the black man DOES need to change. We do need to stop the white man from ? our culture. But there are ways and means.

Offer solutions to folk on how this can be achieved. Telling the black man that working for a living makes you less of a man will inevitably lead the fickle that buy into that ? to find ways to get that money. Which I can only see being done by criminal endeavours. And that is taking 10 steps back in order to make 2 steps forward.

"oh I had a job, but working for the man is for suckers, so I'm a boss on these streets...but don't worry, it's just for a short time until I got that start up money. I'm a man, I'm a boss!"

Black people can't sell work to non black?

What's your solution to:

Of the 1,645 people who made it to the 2014 FORBES list of the World’s Billionaires, 9 of them are black.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can cheerlead for owning your own business, nobody is denying that, but people are mad at Dame for ? on the working man. You can't expect people to sit here and be ok with that. This is from a dude who is doing ok, he ain't out here flossing with Tyler Perry money and ? . Just calmly say your piece and keep it moving.. There's no point in just straight ? on people on some you's a ? ass ? if you work for somebody ? . Lol at people out here about to screw themselves over quitting their jobs just because Dame said so.. Got to get that money from the job and flip that to invest in yourself, hopefully you can leave eventually.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    You can cheerlead for owning your own business, nobody is denying that, but people are mad at Dame for ? on the working man. You can't expect people to sit here and be ok with that. This is from a dude who is doing ok, he ain't out here flossing with Tyler Perry money and ? . Just calmly say your piece and keep it moving.. There's no point in just straight ? on people on some you's a ? ass ? if you work for somebody ? . Lol at people out here about to screw themselves over quitting their jobs just because Dame said so.. Got to get that money from the job and flip that to invest in yourself, hopefully you can leave eventually.

Tuff Love ...get over it ...? ... sensitive ass ?
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't take Dr Watkins seriously if he is not offering any type of solutions on how the young black man builds a business with no start up capital.

I only see two options. Go to the bank and beg the white man for a loan or go on the streets and distribute drugs to fellow blacks/rob and ? in order to get that start up money.

Which would you suggest Dr Watkins? You did state that it was kind of okay if you were offered/working for £20m and you then use that money to invest in yourself, your kids and the black community. But that contradicts your whole premise.

Help us Dr Watkins....how do we magic this start up money so we too, can be bosses and our sons are really OUR sons and not calling our bosses super heroes?

BTW...LOL @ anybody who teaches their kids that working for a living is anything more than just that....working for a living. The boss is not a super hero. He is a means to an end. I use him the same way he uses me.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the mind state/mentality of the black man DOES need to change. We do need to stop the white man from ? our culture. But there are ways and means.

Offer solutions to folk on how this can be achieved. Telling the black man that working for a living makes you less of a man will inevitably lead the fickle that buy into that ? to find ways to get that money. Which I can only see being done by criminal endeavours. And that is taking 10 steps back in order to make 2 steps forward.

"oh I had a job, but working for the man is for suckers, so I'm a boss on these streets...but don't worry, it's just for a short time until I got that start up money. I'm a man, I'm a boss!"

What's your solution to:

Of the 1,645 people who made it to the 2014 FORBES list of the World’s Billionaires, 9 of them are black.

Yep, course they can...now step back into reality and ask yourself if that actually happens on the streets. ? only sell work to whites....lol

Not sure what your angle is with the Forbes list...what do you mean?
  • hiphop12345
    edited March 2015
    Options

What's your solution to:

Yep, course they can...now step back into reality and ask yourself if that actually happens on the streets. ? only sell work to whites....lol

Not sure what your angle is with the Forbes list...what do you mean?

Of course it does. Just go to a party full of white people and have them ask you if you got any weed and you will see a market.

My angle on the forbes list is, how do you increase the ratio of Black billionaires in the world since right now it's less than 1%.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Also, let me add. I know not "EVERYONE" can be a boss or even an owner. But does that mean you can't still "FLIP" as Dame said? Take your money from your 9-5 and do something on the side? Another issues is a lot of people are "Working to Survive" well that doesn't have a long term future if you are fired or let go or you company is brought out and sold or restructured. I lived through all these things going through the New York Corporate machine. My issue is this idea that a lot of Black People have that there "Job" will save them.

I'm sorry but history shows we are the Last Hired and the First Fired. You have to build something for yourself people. Envy should of brought up his car wash and other business to show he's not only working a 9-5 but he's flipping that money. So my beef is that I see a lot of Black People come up with every excuse in the book why they can't "Own" something. To me this is a programming that White Supremacy used to keep us out of the business of America. This is why there aren't many Black CEO's in the country. It starts in the mind first and they did a great job making a lot us believe we should be making someone else rich instead of ourselves and our families.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dame is a character for sure but you can always shoot the messenger but not the message. Because of Slavery and our History in America, we are programmed to "Get a Job" and "Work for someone". Cause that's what our parents did. Now there's nothing wrong with making an honest living but Dame's overall point is correct to me. It's cool to have a "Boss" to get you going but to be a "Worker bee" for your entire life, you will never truly be free. He made a fantastic point about "Asking to go on Break or Take a Vacation". How many people working 9-5 right now would love to take a week or two weeks off at the drop of hat but can't cause they have to "Put in a request" or hope another worker "Isn't trying to take the same time off as me".

I hired one of my boys to go on a business trip with me. He was making more money in 6 days then he would at his job in a month. But he only stayed 4 days cause he had to rush back to his "Job" so he wouldn't be absence 3 days in a row (He called out 2 days to go on the trip). These are things people will never have control of if they don't get out of the "I only work for someone not myself". Now this doesn't mean you have to own a Fortune 500 company or even some mom pop restaurant. Freelance, Private Contracting, these are way to bypass the 9-5 trap. But this concept that we should "Work" for someone our entire lives and leave nothing behind has to stop with my generation.

I don't blame my parents or Grandparents cause they came up in the Civil Rights/Racism/Jim Crow era of America. Getting a job and working for someone is the programming. Why is it when Dame challenges our community to be "OWNERS" we are quick to talk about his failures or his money. For the record, Celebrity Net Worth isn't an accurate source of Someone's finances. The fact people are getting defensive hits right at Dame's point to me. You are so programmed to "WORK" for someone you will defend that idea till you die. Look at all these Youtube Celebrities.

Yes Google owns the platform they are using but at least they are trying to start there "OWN" thing. I give them props for trying. I did the New York corporate thing for years until I woke up and realized my Boss can fire me tomorrow. No retirement, No Pension. That old, "I'll work for a company for 30 years and retire". I'm sorry but you can't depend on these companies. During the financial crash of 2008, Blacks lost there income and jobs at a higher rate than any other race. Keep thinking your "White" or whatever Boss has you interest in mind cause he doesn't. So though Dame is a horrible messenger cause of his attitude, his message was correct.

Absolutely on the money! I'm dealing with that RIGHT NOW!! I've worked for various jobs over the years to finally land a career IT job after I graduated college. I started to see the change in people's attitudes when they saw a black man whose resume is sharp and speaks very well...so now that I've worked to get to their level, not only do I NOT get any respect for that, they try everything to get you fired. And from my perspective, I've done nothing to justify getting fired.

Right now I'm restructuring my business to do freelance work and eventually hire my own. And I understand that until I do bring down my debt to a manageable state, I will have to still work, I'm starting to understand that these corporations are picking and choosing who they want to hire. And justify by giving excuses as to why they didn't keep you.

Bottom line is build your own wealth. Use the jobs that you could possibly get to fund your businesses, but get it to the point of making its own money.
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Dame is a character for sure but you can always shoot the messenger but not the message. Because of Slavery and our History in America, we are programmed to "Get a Job" and "Work for someone". Cause that's what our parents did. Now there's nothing wrong with making an honest living but Dame's overall point is correct to me. It's cool to have a "Boss" to get you going but to be a "Worker bee" for your entire life, you will never truly be free. He made a fantastic point about "Asking to go on Break or Take a Vacation". How many people working 9-5 right now would love to take a week or two weeks off at the drop of hat but can't cause they have to "Put in a request" or hope another worker "Isn't trying to take the same time off as me".

I hired one of my boys to go on a business trip with me. He was making more money in 6 days then he would at his job in a month. But he only stayed 4 days cause he had to rush back to his "Job" so he wouldn't be absence 3 days in a row (He called out 2 days to go on the trip). These are things people will never have control of if they don't get out of the "I only work for someone not myself". Now this doesn't mean you have to own a Fortune 500 company or even some mom pop restaurant. Freelance, Private Contracting, these are way to bypass the 9-5 trap. But this concept that we should "Work" for someone our entire lives and leave nothing behind has to stop with my generation.

I don't blame my parents or Grandparents cause they came up in the Civil Rights/Racism/Jim Crow era of America. Getting a job and working for someone is the programming. Why is it when Dame challenges our community to be "OWNERS" we are quick to talk about his failures or his money. For the record, Celebrity Net Worth isn't an accurate source of Someone's finances. The fact people are getting defensive hits right at Dame's point to me. You are so programmed to "WORK" for someone you will defend that idea till you die. Look at all these Youtube Celebrities.

Yes Google owns the platform they are using but at least they are trying to start there "OWN" thing. I give them props for trying. I did the New York corporate thing for years until I woke up and realized my Boss can fire me tomorrow. No retirement, No Pension. That old, "I'll work for a company for 30 years and retire". I'm sorry but you can't depend on these companies. During the financial crash of 2008, Blacks lost there income and jobs at a higher rate than any other race. Keep thinking your "White" or whatever Boss has you interest in mind cause he doesn't. So though Dame is a horrible messenger cause of his attitude, his message was correct.

Absolutely on the money! I'm dealing with that RIGHT NOW!! I've worked for various jobs over the years to finally land a career IT job after I graduated college. I started to see the change in people's attitudes when they saw a black man whose resume is sharp and speaks very well...so now that I've worked to get to their level, not only do I NOT get any respect for that, they try everything to get you fired. And from my perspective, I've done nothing to justify getting fired.

Right now I'm restructuring my business to do freelance work and eventually hire my own. And I understand that until I do bring down my debt to a manageable state, I will have to still work, I'm starting to understand that these corporations are picking and choosing who they want to hire. And justify by giving excuses as to why they didn't keep you.

Bottom line is build your own wealth. Use the jobs that you could possibly get to fund your businesses, but get it to the point of making its own money.

Feel you brother. Being the only Black person in all white office is something I know of working in the NY corporate environment where there is a two black person quota per office, lol. But yeah the issue is they lied to us. They said, "Go to college, get a degree, get a job" that was the programming. Why wasn't it, "Go to college, get your degree, start a business?" You never hear that a lot growing up. Now reports are showing Black College Grads are having hard times getting hired. Even with Degrees. But having an IT degree is great to start your own thing on the side. Good Luck cause as you've seen the minute they saw a Smart Brother they got scared. Nothing scares White America more than an intelligent Black person especially Black Men.

I just think Dame is so aggressive that he turns people off. But I listen to the interview and he struck a cord with me. That whole, "A Job is for Lazy people" may have been extreme but I think he was talking about the idea that people get too confortable in there 9-5 jobs. My mother just retired after 25 years with a company. She's about to turn 60. I'm happy for her but I can tell she's not happy that she had to do it for that long but she did it for our family. I will always respect a hard worker but it's not my Moms fault she wasn't business minded, she comes from a different era. Now my Pops, he got me on the freelance tip. He's very business minded.
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    overall, dame sounds really insecure.
  • traestar
    Options

Feel you brother. Being the only Black person in all white office is something I know of working in the NY corporate environment where there is a two black person quota per office, lol. But yeah the issue is they lied to us. They said, "Go to college, get a degree, get a job" that was the programming. Why wasn't it, "Go to college, get your degree, start a business?" You never hear that a lot growing up. Now reports are showing Black College Grads are having hard times getting hired. Even with Degrees. But having an IT degree is great to start your own thing on the side. Good Luck cause as you've seen the minute they saw a Smart Brother they got scared. Nothing scares White America more than an intelligent Black person especially Black Men.

I just think Dame is so aggressive that he turns people off. But I listen to the interview and he struck a cord with me. That whole, "A Job is for Lazy people" may have been extreme but I think he was talking about the idea that people get too comfortable in there 9-5 jobs. My mother just retired after 25 years with a company. She's about to turn 60. I'm happy for her but I can tell she's not happy that she had to do it for that long but she did it for our family. I will always respect a hard worker but it's not my Moms fault she wasn't business minded, she comes from a different era. Now my Pops, he got me on the freelance tip. He's very business minded.

NO lie, this is what I feel they are trying to get rid of me at my job now. There are three black dudes at my job, including me. But yea, absolutely on the money!
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options

I just think Dame is so aggressive that he turns people off. But I listen to the interview and he struck a cord with me. That whole, "A Job is for Lazy people" may have been extreme but I think he was talking about the idea that people get too confortable in there 9-5 jobs. My mother just retired after 25 years with a company. She's about to turn 60. I'm happy for her but I can tell she's not happy that she had to do it for that long but she did it for our family. I will always respect a hard worker but it's not my Moms fault she wasn't business minded, she comes from a different era. Now my Pops, he got me on the freelance tip. He's very business minded.

Its time to break down the cliches man. I just cant do it anymore. We absolutley live in a racist society and workplaces, but @ bolded:

That DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING. What exactly does that mean!?!? Lol

If they let you in the door its BEACUASE you smart. If not, how tha ? did you get the job?! In this day n age when mfers are hard pressed to even get on?? You were black when you GOT the job, correct?

Moreso than the emtpy and hollow 'they try to break a brother down', more accurately is we cant even get in the door or move up b/c hiring people across the board want to work w/ people they would/do hang out with. And if you're anything less than the token, Carlton Banks type brotha, they look at you as standoffish, or that they cant relate to you. So its still an unfair stigma we have to overcome, but i just get tired of inaccurate cliches that dont help anyone and dont mean ? . Trust me, i've been reassigned by an all white client bc i didnt play along and i wasnt a chatty kathy lol. It wasnt bc i was "too" smart. And i know a lot of black folk in that same boat.

I used to play ball. 'They scared of a smart black brotha' reminds me of a ngga who got no burn sayin 'man the coach was byullshyttin, they aint want me to shine.'
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Its time to break down the cliches man. I just cant do it anymore. We absolutley live in a racist society and workplaces, but @ bolded:

If they let you in the door its BEACUASE you smart. If not, how tha ? did you get the job?! In this day n age when mfers are hard pressed to even get on?? You were black when you GOT the job, correct?

Moreso than the emtpy and hollow 'they try to break a brother down', more accurately is we cant even get in the door or move up b/c hiring people across the board want to work w/ people they would/do hang out with. And if you're anything less than the token, Carlton Banks type brotha, they look at you as standoffish, or that they cant relate to you. So its still an unfair stigma we have to overcome, but i just get tired of inaccurate cliches that dont help anyone and dont mean ? . Trust me, i've been reassigned by an all white client bc i didnt play along and i wasnt a chatty kathy lol. It wasnt bc i was "too" smart. And i know a lot of black folk in that same boat.

I used to play ball. 'They scared of a smart black brotha' reminds me of a ngga who got no burn sayin 'man the coach was byullshyttin, they aint want me to shine.'

I'm only speaking from my personal experiences but White people in corporate America are intimidated by Blacks. This is why there is a lack of diversity at the top in almost every major fortune 500 company. I know I got in the door cause I'm smart and my work ethic kept me in the door but once you are in that door it's about what happen when I was in the office and dealt with the racism first hand. Like you said, you can be a Carlton Banks but that won't save your job in the end. Meaning you can "kiss up" or "Play the game" but you are still black in there eyes and are easily expendable. Again last hired, first fired.

A fiend of mine worked for a real estate company in Manhattan, he was there for 7 years, they eliminated his position and it just so happens the only two blacks in the office did his position so all the black people were fired from the office. So again I'm saying yes they fear Black Intelligence. But to your point Yes you don't have to be "smart" to be fired, you just have to be "Black" so I agree with you but don't underestimate the fact we are dealing with a race of people that didn't want Black people to be able to Read. Whites throughout American History have always feared Black Intelligence.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I forgot Dame went to boarding school (as did puff) and wasnt the street dude he makes out these days, he hung around them thats about it... Yet Puff 10x more gangster and rich!!! In the interview with Sway he (dame) said he outright said he sold ? lol If people sold drugs, they wouldnt (outright) say that in a public domain, it just doesnt even feel right typing that schitt and snitching on yourself (unless you have actually been arrested for it)...

Im gonna check the videos and links out later, good looks...

Once you have committed the crime and got away with it...who cares if you admit to it?...Unless of course it's an unsolved murder you admitting to...lol

Jay sits in the WH with Obama after releasing a book claiming he lost 96,000 bricks...nobody gives a ? .

On some G Depp schitt...

But because if gives the government an excuse to delve into your bank accounts and charge you with some bullschitt like starting an enterprise with drug money or tax issues... Looks at Murder Inc and other hip hop labels that the feds try bring down, I know Rocafella is finished, but still...

I dont even like typing schitt like speeding on motorway (i dont by the way if feds are watching lol)
  • traestar
    edited March 2015
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Are you saying what rapmastermind is saying is not true? Because regardless of them hiring us or not, getting our own businesses, etc. We are still in racism white supremacy, let's not forget that.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Dame Dash said the same thing Kanye said on the breakfast club 2 years ago. The lack of an independent black economy is the reason why black people in this country have the highest unemployment rate according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The thing is Dame, Kanye, etc aren't pushing a new idea; Marcus Garvey was talking about this 100 years ago.

If you don't believe Dame, think of this: Asians have the lowest unemployment rate in this country. The Chinese on their own have Beauty Supply Stores, Chinese Carry-outs, etc in most black neighborhoods in this country and their pushing their industries into Africa as I type. Not to mention the Indians that have cornered the market on weave, which is a billion dollar industry alone.

For those that see pride in having a job, i won't knock you for having gainful employment. However, I remember being a young teenager and going to these Asian establishments to apply for a job, and they wouldn't even give me an application. The jobs were reserved for their children and other family members. I eventually found a job because a friend of mine got in the door where he worked. Those Asian establishments that sell us low quality, high fat food, won't even give us jobs mopping their floors.

Finally, I'm willing to brush racism to the side of this conversation and conclude with this: Is it intelligent for black people in this country to not have control over the jobs they need, the food they need, and literally the hair on their heads? Does it make economic sense to have such a percentage of your spending power going to finance other nations and facets of society that neglect you openly?

Perhaps everybody can't be a boss, but our people can't afford to rely on others for jobs.

Respect.
    But you ? ? going to obsess about the mans character flaws and missing the larger picture.
  • MaddRapper
    MaddRapper Members Posts: 341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If everybody is a boss who's working?????????????
  • MaddRapper
    MaddRapper Members Posts: 341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH @ Dame........I see what he is trying to say.........but what he is saying is off pure ignorance.....who uses other ppl money to do business.............drumroll.......EVERYBODY