Kendrick Lamar - "To ? a Butterfly"

Options

Comments

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Masterpiece-450x254.jpg

Mic Tyson was my AOTY for 2012. GKMC was cool but a little overrated. (? those drake and dre songs) I knew his 2nd album would be better.

So happy he put Rapsody on. Snoop's feature was crazy. And a Flying Lotus sighting!

He definitely took the Nirvana/Kurt Cobain approach to a sophomore album - "? commercial hits, let's get deep"

Any radio station playing the Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars joint could prolly play a radio edit of King Kunta tho.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Not feeling this album at all

You must me a cracka then

? the album is underwhelming and I don't care what your subject matter is if it's wack
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options

? the album is underwhelming and I don't care what your subject matter is if it's wack
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    One of the worst albums I heard in awhile

....Suffering From Poverty Eardrum Syndrome Perhaps?
  • Swiffness!
    edited March 2015
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    Dead at "nobody on k.dot's level" smh

Who on his level then, Wiz??

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS45hTf0iYQbp16do5VSLLjaKHTTbUv-1232tgMnes95R8KduSHsg

??? I dont even know what that means. Anyways You simpletons love gassin this ? up. Kendrick is nice..... he's doesnt have this huge distance over the field (J. Cole, Wale, Krit. Lupe) You sound like a dickriding ass ? .

Cole albums boring and he need to stop trying to make his own beats, but you already knew that.

Krit's major label albums haven't been quite as good as his self-released LPs.

Wale? ? please.

Lupe the only one on your list that belong in same breath as dude right now, thanks to Tetsuo & Youth....

• JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    "I Need 40 Acres & A Mule, Not A 40oz & A Pitbull"
  • zombie
    Options
    Blacker the berry is the only song that jumps at the listener the production is unique but it's not great. the lyrics are good as is expected from Kendrick.

this album is flawed and it's because of the production.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't feeling the album don't be mad I have my own opinions and I am not a sheep. They forcing the hell out of Kendrick though like he the 2nd coming.......he took a step back with this album
  • zombie
    Options

No ? I just don't ? like the album that much
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wish Wesley theory was in gta 5 lol
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    Ya'll ? crazy. Kendrick went over ya'll heads. Go listen to Migos triple time over 30 trap beats that sound the ? same.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Agreed. The ? was pretentious and self-indulgent. ? just doesnt sound good. Mufuckas doing too much and forcing ?

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this album is flawed and it's because of the production.

Loving the production on this album myself
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Migos are garbage I listen to a wide variety of music. Schoolboy Q is better than Kendrick
  • zombie
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »

Agreed. The ? was pretentious and self-indulgent. ? just doesnt sound good. Mufuckas doing too much and forcing ?

You know what I think you said it better than I did. that is exactly what I think is wrong with this album
  • judahxulu
    Options
    And ? Jenkins is better than them both.
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Migos are garbage I listen to a wide variety of music. Schoolboy Q is better than Kendrick

So you think Oxymoron>
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    I still remember when ? was on here talmbout how trash Late Registration was.....? hated the fact that Kanye went for a completely different sound and approach instead of rehashing the successful formulas from his first classic.

Same reason I used to HATE Bulletproof Wallets - I wanted another album that sounded like Supreme Clientele.

so yeah imho most of the criticism is coming from ppl that had GKMC on this special untouchable pedestal and basically wanted GKMC2. It'll grow on ya'll, watch...
  • G.Avant
    Options
    I dont know what yall ? talking about even his exaggerated emotional parts fit within the context.
  • G.Avant
    Options

Where you pulled pretentious and self indulgent from?
  • judahxulu
    Options
    That ? is lukewarm curdled assmilk... what a dilemna when wackness is hidden in emotionally cloying, pro-black, pseudo-deep subject matter. such manipulation smh
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wasn't feeling the album don't be mad I have my own opinions and I am not a sheep. They forcing the hell out of Kendrick though like he the 2nd coming.......he took a step back with this album

No ? I just don't ? like the album that much
    DAMMIT MAN!
    ibaKEnXJx9YFpz.gif

Yess Yess ..Its Worse Than I Initially Thought... As I Expected ... It Looks Like We Have A Devastating TRIPLE Dose Case Of P.E.S (Poverty Eardrum Syndrome) On Our Hands Here ...UnFuckingbelievable Its Spreading Rapidly These Days And Unfortunately For You Young Fellas It Seems To Have Hit You Hard With No Signs Of Remission...

You Know I Just Pray You Dont Blame Yourself For Your ..... "Problem" ... And Dammit I Pray That You Dont Pass It On To The Got Damn Children!!!... They Dont Deserve This ? ... I'd Hate To See Your Seeds Fall Victim To Hereditary Defects Feel ME?
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If these bottles could talk