Kendrick Lamar - "To ? a Butterfly"

Options

Comments

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Ya'll ? crazy. Kendrick went over ya'll heads. Go listen to Migos triple time over 30 trap beats that sound the ? same.

havent listened to the album and i like kendrick but this ? is weak and needs to be cut out. yall really look to be taught by these rappers, im tryna hear good music which im sure kendrick will provide, this a weak cop out when gettin mad that someone feels different. as if someone cant like kendrick AND migos.

? you, YOU MUST NOT LIKE REAL HIP-HOP!

.....lol nah. But hell yes i caught feelings, this album is worth catching feelings over imho. And I really do feel like the moment you get outside the trap beat "box" nowdays, ? start to write ? off and not give it a chance. GKMC played it very safe in that regard. Add in the other thing I mentioned about people hating on a new classic for being different from the artist's last classic and you have a recipe for unwarranted hate.

Mark my words, To ? A Butterfly will grow on people.

I salute Kendrick for reaching for the stars and making music that divides opinions instead of "playing it safe".
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll ? crazy. Kendrick went over ya'll heads. Go listen to Migos triple time over 30 trap beats that sound the ? same.

? the Migos. One does not simply like the Migos by default just because they do not fancy Kenny's Electric Circus. Nothing he said is anything new to me. His politics are muddled and overall message convoluted. Trying waaaaay to hard to be "deep" and avant-garde. The beats sound like ? . My Seinheisers are still ? mad at me..
  • judahxulu
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    Same dude that was ? on Kendrick when control came out so I'm not surprised
    Same dickriders... Im not surprised either
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    nj2089 wrote: »
    Same dude that was ? on Kendrick when control came out so I'm not surprised
    Same dickriders... Im not surprised either

Far from a dickrider
  • judahxulu
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Wasn't feeling the album don't be mad I have my own opinions and I am not a sheep. They forcing the hell out of Kendrick though like he the 2nd coming.......he took a step back with this album
    zombie wrote: »
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Not feeling this album at all

You must me a cracka then

? the album is underwhelming and I don't care what your subject matter is if it's wack
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    One of the worst albums I heard in awhile

....Suffering From Poverty Eardrum Syndrome Perhaps?

No ? I just don't ? like the album that much
    Agreed. The ? was pretentious and self-indulgent. ? just doesnt sound good. Mufuckas doing too much and forcing ?
    DAMMIT MAN!
    ibaKEnXJx9YFpz.gif

Yess Yess ..Its Worse Than I Initially Thought... As I Expected ... It Looks Like We Have A Devastating TRIPLE Dose Case Of P.E.S (Poverty Eardrum Syndrome) On Our Hands Here ...UnFuckingbelievable Its Spreading Rapidly These Days And Unfortunately For You Young Fellas It Seems To Have Hit You Hard With No Signs Of Remission...

You Know I Just Pray You Dont Blame Yourself For Your ..... "Problem" ... And Dammit I Pray That You Dont Pass It On To The Got Damn Children!!!... They Dont Deserve This ? ... I'd Hate To See Your Seeds Fall Victim To Hereditary Defects Feel ME?

? off. Im older. I listen to all types of ? from classical to rock to jazz. like all kinds of hip-hop from old to newThe music itself was very discordant, jarring while the lyrical approach was vapid and pseudo-intellectual. like i said..totally ? pretentious and self-indulgent...
  • judahxulu
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    That ? is lukewarm curdled assmilk... what a dilemna when wackness is hidden in emotionally cloying, pro-black, pseudo-deep subject matter. such manipulation smh

Damn that's quite a vivid imagination you have there lol

lucy was my muse
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    yeah To ? A Butterfly sucks, nobody wanna hear that artistic ? , Kendrick need to make dat real ? like O.T. Genasis
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jazzybella wrote: »
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    Kanye needs to fall back with his fake "for the cause" stance

He lost his soul a long time ago..alot of what he's been doing these years have been pro-European and damn near anti black..

Yeezus had disgusting lines that seemingly made a mockery of his own culture and race...

Black skinhead? New slaves? No ? we are neither...

You "black power ? " black women?

Like real talk what the ? is wrong with this guy? White people have successfully shifted his DNA and converted his frequency into that of a Caucasian mindset and culture..

He's hybridizing blackness with whiteness...this is further proven by him choosing to produce offspring with Kim kardashion...

White ppl in the industry tried to do this to Pac... Yet Pac never fully converted..before he passed u can hear him in interviews saying "I look in the mirror and see that my soul is still there,I didn't sell it"...

Just shows you that the new generation of conscious emcees are more prone to diluting themselves to appease the white supremacy system... Hopefully Kendrick maintains his integrity and doesn't get his frequency shifted to the "light of chaos"

Stay in the darkness my brotha

I agree with what you trying to say however I think you executed it wrong in your post

Interesting...well tell me why you felt my execution was wrong

I'm open to suggestion

@jazzybella
  • judahxulu
    Options
    yeah To ? A Butterfly sucks, nobody wanna hear that artistic ? , Kendrick need to make dat real ? like O.T. Genasis LUPE
    corrected for accuracy...you're welcome

• judahxulu
    Options
    Lupe put banjo music on his album tho i can't co-sign banjo music
    Yeah wasnt my cup of tea either.... still an overall better project lyrically and sonically..by far

• _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get a tribe called quest q too vibe with the production.... It's a smooth neo soul vibe.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    first day cop.

CD and Vinyl

Did the same with GKMC
  • Swiffness!
    edited March 2015
    Options
    lol Tetsuo & Youth was stellar outside that one song, i would actually apply the "trying too hard to be artistic" label to that because I rolled at eyes at the "4 seasons" interludes. There's definitely no beats on TPAB that compare to the utter nuclear hellfire DJ Dahi was unleashing on Tetsuo & Youth tho. Right now if I had to call it, I'd say that T&Y had some better individual songs but TPAB is better as a whole sum of its parts. Both blow away anything in 2014 that doesn't have "pinata" or "jewels" in the title imho.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

havent listened to the album and i like kendrick but this ? is weak and needs to be cut out. yall really look to be taught by these rappers, im tryna hear good music which im sure kendrick will provide, this a weak cop out when gettin mad that someone feels different. as if someone cant like kendrick AND migos.

? you, YOU MUST NOT LIKE REAL HIP-HOP!

.....lol nah. But hell yes i caught feelings, this album is worth catching feelings over imho. And I really do feel like the moment you get outside the trap beat "box" nowdays, ? start to write ? off and not give it a chance. GKMC played it very safe in that regard. Add in the other thing I mentioned about people hating on a new classic for being different from the artist's last classic and you have a recipe for unwarranted hate.

Mark my words, To ? A Butterfly will grow on people.

I salute Kendrick for reaching for the stars and making music that divides opinions instead of "playing it safe".

the "trap beat box" is some ? made up probably by the same idiots who believe there is "fake hip hop" on the airwaves. ion think gkmc fell into any boxes, perhaps on this album kendrick was just on some other ? that was simply different from what he was on on gkmc
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Nothing he said is anything new to me. His politics are muddled and overall message convoluted. Trying waaaaay to hard to be "deep" and avant-garde.
    yeah To ? A Butterfly sucks, nobody wanna hear that artistic ? , Kendrick need to make dat real ? like O.T. Genasis LUPE
    corrected for accuracy...you're welcome

8676073993_ac9ec39430.jpg
  • EyeofAsaru
    Options
    I did enjoy kendricks album but I have to agree with some of these posters..its not seeing Tetsuo and youth,piñata,cadillicata,run the jewels...

Those albums had high energy voltage behind them...Nevertheless tpab is still a strong effort
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Im feelin it. ? nice imo.

My favs are:

Alright
    Blacker the Berry
    King Kunta
    I
    Institutionalized

Im happy K is doin the kinda music he likes. And NOT doin what is hot right now/following trends. I respect that.

Album does have a Outkast-esque sound to it imo

I hope he drops a uncut vid for Blacker the Berry.

The very end of the outro had me in all kinda feelings.
  • EyeofAsaru
    Options
    Did this ? just refer to this album as "lukewarm assmilk"?

Dude gtfoh and go sit in the corner with a dunce hat on
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I cant even front, that King Kunta beat feels like a beat that didn't make the final cut for All Eyez On Me.

? has that 90's/Quik feel. I kept waiting for Pac to drop a verse.