Kendrick Lamar - "To ? a Butterfly"

Options

Comments

• eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is my second full listen and it's starting to settle a little more since I know the sound of the album and I can say that I tro is sorta like a continuation of Real (well at least the sample intro) I think the problem with those who are saying it's not better than good kid was hoping that we get another kendrick effort as that one sonically. I'm happy i purchased the album. The problem is we here talk about how hip hop fans don't enjoy the moment but here's what we may see as a big moment for the culture in a few years and all we can do is discuss how better other artists albums were and yada yada.: yall enjoy yall selves:
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna see some drops in that review thread yall.

Good & Bad

Goin thru my 2nd listen now while kids are sleep might drop 1myself
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh at you ?

So ? dont enjoy soulful music now a days? Go listen to meek mill and bobby shmurda and tell how you love their music then.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't get past How Much A Dollar Cost. That last verse!
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The end of the album is a lot better than the beginning. It's not bad it's just about personal preference and it doesn't draw me in like his other worK.. Kendrick dropped three classics in a row he can have an aiight album. TDE better get back on their ? though. These days was trash, oxymoron was average af, this album dope but not GREAT.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Wasn't feeling the album don't be mad I have my own opinions and I am not a sheep. They forcing the hell out of Kendrick though like he the 2nd coming.......he took a step back with this album
    zombie wrote: »
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Not feeling this album at all

You must me a cracka then

? the album is underwhelming and I don't care what your subject matter is if it's wack
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    One of the worst albums I heard in awhile

....Suffering From Poverty Eardrum Syndrome Perhaps?

No ? I just don't ? like the album that much
    Agreed. The ? was pretentious and self-indulgent. ? just doesnt sound good. Mufuckas doing too much and forcing ?
    DAMMIT MAN!
    ibaKEnXJx9YFpz.gif

Yess Yess ..Its Worse Than I Initially Thought... As I Expected ... It Looks Like We Have A Devastating TRIPLE Dose Case Of P.E.S (Poverty Eardrum Syndrome) On Our Hands Here ...UnFuckingbelievable Its Spreading Rapidly These Days And Unfortunately For You Young Fellas It Seems To Have Hit You Hard With No Signs Of Remission...

You Know I Just Pray You Dont Blame Yourself For Your ..... "Problem" ... And Dammit I Pray That You Dont Pass It On To The Got Damn Children!!!... They Dont Deserve This ? ... I'd Hate To See Your Seeds Fall Victim To Hereditary Defects Feel ME?

? off. Im older. I listen to all types of ? from classical to rock to jazz. like all kinds of hip-hop from old to newThe music itself was very discordant, jarring while the lyrical approach was vapid and pseudo-intellectual. like i said..totally ? pretentious and self-indulgent...

tumblr_m54o61prqe1r2gow4o1_400.gif

GOT DAMMIT YOU STOP THAT ? RIGHT NOW!

..... you will never get better if you don't ACCEPT YOUR PROBLEM....you are DEFECTIVE ... like one of them busted ass George Forman grills chilling in a returns bin at Walmarts customer service department... Your advanced P.E.S has rendered your listening ability largely useless

Now Dammit Its Time To Stop The Shenanigans ..be a grown up And Face The Fact That YOU ARE BROKEN... this is the only way you can move on...

Im Sorry.... It Is What It Is Dammit... Blame Your Creator

foh ? ...my musical taste is not governed by your opinion. that ? is intellectual music for halfwits. you ? in this generations music has been so ? that less ? ? seems like the ? by comparison. that ? is basically a soundtrack for beta males. imean come the ? on. the ? alludes to lucy/lucifer being some sort of antagonists but slips in the same luciferean values muddled between the wordplay and half cocked rants hidden in a bunch of unnecessary vocal embellishments and yet more rambling wordplay. socially based music is cloying when its that heavy handed and heavy handed served abstract is that much more annoying when there is no connecting factor. ima need you to eat a hot bowl of braised blood clots with a rusty safety pin.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    Smh at you ?

So ? dont enjoy soulful music now a days? Go listen to meek mill and bobby shmurda and tell how you love their music then.
    again foh nigg. what the ? do you know about "soul" outside of a kanye sample? just because the ? sounds like dangermouse on sizzurp doing a bad robert glasper impression dont make it soulful lmao

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen this album getting compared to Lupe last album. Didn't wanna listen to it but I might have to just to judge for myself.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see some classic posts m some assmilk posts/for the album
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? the album is underwhelming and I don't care what your subject matter is if it's wack
    Agreed. The ? was pretentious and self-indulgent. ? just doesnt sound good. Mufuckas doing too much and forcing ?

Shalawam ach. I ain't even know you still posted here fam.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @judahxulu where the ? you been ? ?

I see the new Kendrick record brought you outta retirement?
  • judahxulu
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    @judahxulu where the ? you been ? ?

I see the new Kendrick record brought you outta retirement?
    Hosting a venue in the Chi..building the HoodX media network.....? got boring for a while. figure id take the opportunity to troll the kenny stans lmao...

• judahxulu
    Options

Shalawam ach. I ain't even know you still posted here fam.

every blue moon.... i went to d/l this album with high hopes and was so ? devastated that i had to come back here and talk a lil ? bout it
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gkmc thread all over again, ? trying to force other ? to like the album the same way they do
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its one if thise albums that will grow on people later on the album only been out for a day i give it 6 months some people will be like oh wow i get it now.

This.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    That ? sucks like Furious One at a backwoods gloryhole....
  • judahxulu
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Nignogs want to say Kendrick pretentious while bumping Lupe. Lmao this cant be life
    Pretentious with listenable production.... theres a difference
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nignogs want to say Kendrick pretentious while bumping Lupe. Lmao this cant be life

Nah. I'm a lupe fan but nah, kendrick has better beats from better producers
  • judahxulu
    Options

Nah. I'm a lupe fan but nah, kendrick has better beats from better producers
    Meh.... I liked about 1/3 of the production
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The end of the album is a lot better than the beginning. It's not bad it's just about personal preference and it doesn't draw me in like his other worK.. Kendrick dropped three classics in a row he can have an aiight album. TDE better get back on their ? though. These days was trash, oxymoron was average af, this album dope but not GREAT.

you dudes need to stop doing this to yourselves. every good album isn't a classic. every fan isn't a dickrider. every critic doesn't prefer chief keef

there's no happy medium with fans nowadays. there's no way you can fully grasp an album on first listen but you got ? calling this album classic or the worst album they've ever heard and the ? ain't even 2 days old. and anybody that disagrees with them gets attacked on some my opinion>>yours ?

Doing what? I didn't say the album was bad I just said it's aiight. IMO OD, Section 80 and GKMC were all classics
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    G.Avant wrote: »
    Dead at "nobody on k.dot's level" smh

Who on his level then, Wiz??

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS45hTf0iYQbp16do5VSLLjaKHTTbUv-1232tgMnes95R8KduSHsg

??? I dont even know what that means. Anyways You simpletons love gassin this ? up. Kendrick is nice..... he's doesnt have this huge distance over the field (J. Cole, Wale, Krit. Lupe) You sound like a dickriding ass ? .

You don't know what what means? It's not rocket science bruh lol. And is there people out there that could see Kendrick lyrically? Yes. Flow wise? Yes. But overall, if you ask me hell no. And I'm talking about his versatility and skill in crafting songs and conceptualizing. His total package is the coldest.

Apparently it is being that you still can't explain yourself. You just further proving my point.
  • daboyag1
    daboyag1 Members, Writer Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the album alot, but I think they kind of over produced his vocals in some spots, sometimes I can hear like 12 different vocal tracks stacked on top of each other.