Comments

• cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white people can kiss my ass.
  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Say it ain't so Common, say it ain't so. Damn...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    I saw the interview and this is taken TOTALLY out of context with the interview.

I disagree with what he's said in the interview but the interview itself wasn't on no ? ? in the least bit. He was his typical "love, peace and harmony" self.

In this case somebody is just looking for controversy.

i couldnt imagine anyone coming to this conclusion anyhow..

but then again ? gon nig and attach ? to everything thats in disagreement with them.

but yeah we have been extending our hands for a long time.

The onus is not on- us(bars) its on them.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If anything, wouldn't it make sense for it to be the other way around? Were we the aggressors or the recipients of said aggression?
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While the message doesn't differ from what Common has always preached, I'm still saddened that he still willing to go this route

As Pac said, 'the old way wad working so it's on us to do what we gotta do.....to survive'

The time for extending that olive branch has long passed
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw the interview and this is taken TOTALLY out of context with the interview.

I disagree with what he's said in the interview but the interview itself wasn't on no ? ? in the least bit. He was his typical "love, peace and harmony" self.

i couldnt imagine anyone coming to this conclusion anyhow..

but then again ? gon nig and attach ? to everything thats in disagreement with them.

but yeah we have been extending our hands for a long time.

The onus is not on- us(bars) its on them.
    cosign and LOL at "bars"
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common is soft...so I expect this from a weak ? such as him.Givin how my ancestors were treated in this country and how we are continued to be looked upon I wish I would...I dont care what content common was speaking when talking about this issue he was out of line to even bring that ? up...Riddle me this, what have whites done to reach out. This isnt about us. Blacks never intended to divide this country...bomb churches with kids inside, I can go on and on about the foul evil ? that has been done by the hands of white folks...... if i was a white male(just the thought makes me sick) id be ashamed of my heritage.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foh.
    Racism will never end, but White Supremacy can be rendered powerless if we strip the power ( our dependency ) from Whites. That's the only way.
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude making lightskin ? look bad. All we got is Malcolm X now.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hate to say it but he is getting that white love now and he is still ? off that Oscar win. When he has a gun in his face by a redneck itching to blow his head off he will never say such ? again
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I didn't see the interview; what did he actually say?
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I didn't see the interview; what did he actually say?

THe quotes aren't off but the spirit and tone is lost.

Go to the Dailyshow website and watch it and it's just a harmless, "LETS ALL BE FRIENDS AND BE HAPPY" type of interview.

He basically meant, "slavery happened, that ? was ? up, but nothing aybody can do about it now...but black people aren't bitter about it and we can move on if we'd just hold hands and sing."

Which is TRUE but unrealistic.

Here's the link:

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/extended-interviews/0ipvwm/common-extended-interview
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So if I kidnapped his kids and enslaved them and changed their whole identity and separated their kids and even freed them and put them under severe restrictions and destroy any progression they made and even experimented on them(Tsukegee experiments) and beat them for wanting equality and then give their children equality and yet imprisoned them by giving them drugs and then beating them for selling it when I give them no avenues, so is he suppose to give me the olive branch or am I?
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lonnie wouldn't say this.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd be down with extending a hand to the good white people. Now all we got to do is find some that we can be sure are that without a doubt. Good luck to us on that one.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So yall gonna act like Common dont end every concert with "Uh yes yes yall... Hold ya two fingers in the air. Peace and love yall. Peace and love yall!!"

What do peace n love ,gotta do with what he said???

All black ppl had to do the past 400 years, was reach out n, dap white ppl up???

white ppl been willing to End racism. its blacks who need to reach out n dap???

Commom was better off saying, the cliche "we just need to have a honest conversation about race"...
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These new ? boy i tell you...

common gotta be in his 40s. how is he a new ? ?
    Pharrell about the same age and didn't he coin the term??
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most Black celebrities live in a ? fantasy world. Out of touch, pathetic comments like Common's (and countless other Black celebrities) show that they don't view themselves the same as regular Blacks. I don't expect Black celebrities to speak out on race relation issues. It's ? up because ? celebs and non black celebs seem to constantly voice their injustices, but ? too worried about appeasing the White person who cuts their checks, so they don't say ? or say just say politically correct ? . It don't even surprise me anymore...
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These new ? boy i tell you...

Common a new ? now?

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common always been this way. He didn't even take FOX calling him a gangster rapper personally, dude rising above, I can't be mad at that.