The only song i cant ? with is u....

One of my favorite songs on the album.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

I like the first half... I wasnt digging the 2nd half. .
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After another listen one word sums up this album.

Forgettable
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2nd half of U reminds me of Collect Calls by him. Was a bonus track on GKMC.
    That and the heart pt 2
  • bless the child
    Options

I like the first half... I wasnt digging the 2nd half. .
    Lol crazy, the second half was my favorite part of the song.
  • bless the child
    Options
    Lol a lot of ? in here sounding like Shyne Po to me. We are all entitled to our own opinions though.
  • D0wn
    Options
    Kendrick live shows are gonna b crazy
  • LateToDaParty
    LateToDaParty Members Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only listened to half of the first track but I ? with it heavy for the fact that Flying Lotus produced it. Ppl sleep on homie. I can say I didn't know ? about dude until GTAV but since then I've checked out his catalogue and honestly, he got that real west coast sound. Bruh ? on Mustard with no remorse.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "? where was you when I was walking"

Swear I was in this ? like Outkast for a good 15 mins

outkast1.gif
  • D0wn
    Options
    If these walls could talk is,about ? walls....

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope interview/article.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    while they cracking jokes i'm trying to figure out if that avi is him or pootie tang.
    got a better view now?
    Yeah you still look like pootie tang with a burger king crown now

Pootie tang in his own venue in the Chi with women using his art to improve the community around him instead of just talk about the ? . Pootie tang mentoring young gangbangers in the murder capital of the country, ya ? . Pootie tang getting his content aired on television in 13 states. Faceless ? . Where's your crown? Where's your venue? Where's your women? Where's your network? Where's your ? face?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Lmao this thread is pure comedy
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    while they cracking jokes i'm trying to figure out if that avi is him or pootie tang.
    got a better view now?
    Yeah you still look like pootie tang with a burger king crown now

Pootie tang in his own venue in the Chi with women using his art to improve the community around him instead of just talk about the ? . Pootie tang mentoring young gangbangers in the murder capital of the country, ya ? . Pootie tang getting his content aired on television in 13 states. Faceless ? . Where's your crown? Where's your venue? Where's your women? Where's your network? Where's your ? face?

Nobody checking for that public access ? . Your face is scandalous ? . Those ? really think they gonna make it with your corny ass at the helm? So you don't have no alpha males on the team? You out here coaching a women's league? lmao. You not ? near one of them. You not making a impact in the Chi. You getting shot at and robbed by your own admission.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In europe its has been considered " A MUSICAL TOUR DE FORCE"
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    After a first listening it has put me in the same landscape as BLACK MESSIAH.

Original
    Cohesive
    Sonically well crafted
    Insightfull
    great lyrics that touches you

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stereogum made a good point that To ? A Butterfly is similar to the likes of D'Angelo and Bjork's recent albums - all three being demanding internal journeys best suited for headphones. It's an exhausting listen but you know the album has hidden layers that is going reveal itself more with repeated listens. It's great that Kendrick Lamar was able to reach the same kind of heights as GKMC by doing what was not expected by him at all.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only listened to half of the first track but I ? with it heavy for the fact that Flying Lotus produced it. Ppl sleep on homie. I can say I didn't know ? about dude until GTAV but since then I've checked out his catalogue and honestly, he got that real west coast sound. Bruh ? on Mustard with no remorse.

Flying Lotus needs to receive more love from the Hip Hop audience, the guy always was and still is on another level. He caught my attention when he dropped Los Angeles and he's been a consistent force since. More rappers need to be hitting him up, same goes for Thundercat who features on TPAB as well.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Now Inyerscope is in the same place as Atlantic was with Lupe as far as being with a problack / concious artist that sells .

Will they try to shade him or not?
  • bless the child
    Options
    Aight could be reaching but in These Walls he's clearly talking about sex with the girl/bm of the dude that killed his homie. In the song he speaks of himself using his influence for the wrong reason, meaning using his influence to get revenge for his homies death by ? on the dudes love. So right after "These Walls" it flows right into"U". We go from an upbeat energy song to a sulking, dark and gloomy sounding song. You hear an emotional drunken character speaking to Kendrick. This is Kendrick speaking to himself from the perspective of his own concious. He's expressing guilt, remorse, and a hatred for himself which ultimately amounts to him expressing suicidal thoughts.

In the lyrics he expresses feelings of isolation and abandonment that all leads to some level of depression. When he's talking about "never leave Compton for profit", and " you ain't a brother" he putting himself low which ends with him talking about "I should've killed your ass a long time ago" He talking about killing himself. So this is probably why he calls it a counterpiece to "I". One about self love, the other about self hatred. Its kind of funny that it goes to "Alright" right after.