Kendrick Lamar - "To ? a Butterfly"

Options

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just got my copy from target. As I'm reading the credits dj quik did help produce king kunta, or he is credited because parts of the song is from get naked

Its a sample i believe

Anything different on the physical???

Im praying for that The Heart pt 4
  • qeezus_price
    qeezus_price Members Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Just got my copy from target. As I'm reading the credits dj quik did help produce king kunta, or he is credited because parts of the song is from get naked

Its a sample i believe

Anything different on the physical???

Im praying for that The Heart pt 4

No its all the same. Maybe there will be a deluxe version, or a whole different joint. I'm trying to figure why they cut out 12 homies at the white house out of the title
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just peeped the digital booklet, Quik isn't mentioned in the credits at all on that track. Production, sample or otherwise.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Damn so y'all gonna count kdot first week of sells as 2 weeks??? It's gonna be hard for you 2 to figure this out becuz his first week of sells should be 16-23 of March becuz that's when it was released but becuz of the early release and confusion he got a extra week head start on the sells and you can add that week and the week of the 23-30 together giving him 2 weeks not first week sales....good luck figuring it my ? lol

nobody's takin your opinion seriously til you learn that it's "sales" not "sells"

Playas ? up too ? ....
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chiyosuke wrote: »

I just peeped the digital booklet, Quik isn't mentioned in the credits at all on that track. Production, sample or otherwise.

Look for David Blake
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

Look for David Blake

I did. That was the first thing I looked for
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Look for David Blake

I did. That was the first thing I looked for

O
  • qeezus_price
    qeezus_price Members Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [/quote] I did. That was the first thing I looked for[/quote]
    Hmm that's weird, his name is in the physical copy. Kanye shrug
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CAPpeBQW8AAeVFZ.png:large

thundercat
    anna wise
    kendrick
    bilal
    terrace martin

had no idea that anna wise was white. she got a soulful voice
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Kendrick and Annawise got some amazing music together
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    My favorite from them too is cartoons and cereal
  • TheRicanKing
    TheRicanKing Members Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love this album a bit more than GKMC so far.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know, it would be dope if Kendrick dropped a double album that had different vibes on both. Like if he dropped a GKMC and TPAB all in one for example but managed to have the two albums still connect. That would be dope!
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    They saying its projected to sell between 350k-375k
    BH4ne.gif

WHATTTTTT?????

My ? so we did an avi bet for 700k.... and he's only gonna do HALF? Bwahahahahahhaahahahaha!!!!!!!!

@Sion ima lace your avi up SWEET boy. We gonna run that ? through the Photoshop wringer making sure your embarrassment is in HQ. No more posts about stock & bonds ? . You gonna just wanna close your laptop in frustration instead. You ain't gon wanna eat or sleep til this bet is over. Ima make you throw your arms up in the sky, shed a single tear and yell out WHYYYYYY like Kenan at the end of an episode of Kenan and Kel ? .

And it ain't gonna be a pic you'll like either. Ima pick one that's gonna resemble you face when them final numbers drop....

like....

nicki-minaj-on-dancing-with-the-stars-e1304527143158.jpg

Bruh given the racial landscape if a rap album with song like

KING KUNTA
    THE BLACKER THE BERRY

Sellls more than 50000

Its already a win imo
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    judahxulu wrote: »
    Negus was king in early 1900s. But Kendrick used Negus to show that we are royalty basically
    ? like this is why I talk to you dudes like you are dumb. Which is why these major corporations give your heroes and you shovel the ? down your throat like its sherbert. Negus is pronounced Ne-GOOS for one. For two, WE being royalty based on that is ? IMPOSSIBLE. Notwithstanding the majority of Africans brought over here were from WEST AFRICA- NOT Ethiopia. Even if we were taken from there, the existence of a royal class does not denote that any and every muthafucka from the same area with the same color is royalty too. If everybody was royalty then who the ? would the royals rule over??? ? dummies. This is why you need to be learning from books instead of half-cocked quasi-conscious rappers purposely sent to further confuse your slow ? and steer you away from seeking practical knowledge.

There's always one. That one muhfucka that absolutely refuses to let people enjoy the music without being a ? nuisance. You've spoken your peace. We get it. Why waste so much energy on sumin you have no intention of ? wit? Why not ignore it until the fanfare dies? Which, in this day, will probably be tomorrow.

Instead we get this frail lookin ? , whose pretentious ass looks like he just left an elementary poetry slam, posing with his cousins, talkin bout: "Do you know what makes me BLACK?! Never mind my dishwasher's shoes tied too tight, or my Old Navy Tech Vest! My blackness can't be quantified by worldly possessions! Oh no! I'm BLACK because I fall asleep clutching Malcolm's memoirs! *finger snaps*

Foh you ol' high sidin' ass ? ...
    Waste so much energy? ? the total time it took me to post took about ten minutes out of my day. Sooooo.. "black" is cool as long as its for entertainment purposes and not actually accurate or based on practical reality? Fact remains..nothing I typed is incorrect so you can try to roast all you want but that aint gone change ? . FOH lame ass ? ...I type what the ? I want. All that ? you talking is butthurt fanboy fantasy snaps. And corny. If words you read on a forum board affect how you listen to some ? off a forum board then my posts are the least of the problems you will encounter in your weak minded ass life.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Negus was king in early 1900s. But Kendrick used Negus to show that we are royalty basically
    ? like this is why I talk to you dudes like you are dumb. Which is why these major corporations give your heroes and you shovel the ? down your throat like its sherbert. Negus is pronounced Ne-GOOS for one. For two, WE being royalty based on that is ? IMPOSSIBLE. Notwithstanding the majority of Africans brought over here were from WEST AFRICA- NOT Ethiopia. Even if we were taken from there, the existence of a royal class does not denote that any and every muthafucka from the same area with the same color is royalty too. If everybody was royalty then who the ? would the royals rule over??? ? dummies. This is why you need to be learning from books instead of half-cocked quasi-conscious rappers purposely sent to further confuse your slow ? and steer you away from seeking practical knowledge.

There's always one. That one muhfucka that absolutely refuses to let people enjoy the music without being a ? nuisance. You've spoken your peace. We get it. Why waste so much energy on sumin you have no intention of ? wit? Why not ignore it until the fanfare dies? Which, in this day, will probably be tomorrow.

Instead we get this frail lookin ? , whose pretentious ass looks like he just left an elementary poetry slam, posing with his cousins, talkin bout: "Do you know what makes me BLACK?! Never mind my dishwasher's shoes tied too tight, or my Old Navy Tech Vest! My blackness can't be quantified by worldly possessions! Oh no! I'm BLACK because I fall asleep clutching Malcolm's memoirs! *finger snaps*

Foh you ol' high sidin' ass ? ...
    Waste so much energy? ? the total time it took me to post took about ten minutes out of my day. Sooooo.. "black" is cool as long as its for entertainment purposes and not actually accurate or based on practical reality? Fact remains..nothing I typed is incorrect so you can try to roast all you want but that aint gone change ? . FOH lame ass ? ...I type what the ? I want. All that ? you talking is butthurt fanboy fantasy snaps. And corny. If words you read on a forum board affect how you listen to some ? off a forum board then my posts are the least of the problems you will encounter in your weak minded ass life.

Bwahahahaaaa!!!
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Not sure if I know the original but I said it earlier in the thread, it's got Quik written all over it.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The dickriding is real
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall put way to much attention on sales
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't finna let yall turn into another Drake/Sean like circle ? of staning. If you wanna call this 'album of the year' or any sorts of "classic" you are going to have to provide some ? evidence. Critical analysis of songs, memorable quotes.
    If these walls could talk is,about ? walls....

1st verse - ? Walls
    2nd verse - Studio Walls
    3re Verse - Prison Walls

? like this but more descriptive.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Nah these walls is actually both verses are about ? but in a metaphor sense. Second verse is more about society walls and how he wanna bring it down. 1st verse is strictly about ? . 3rd verse is about prison walls.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    And no we don't have to do ? like that Bruh.